• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

JoeInky

means nothing.
95.gif
bends down at 2 segments
95.gif
bends down at 3 segments

Sometimes the modelers just fuck up. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Vuvuzela2010/Sprite_Errors

The difference here is that the model for the pokemon used on both screens would be the exact same model, it's a lot easier to make errors on sprites because you have to make them both seperately instead of just rotating the camera on a model.

Dr. Buni

Extrasensory PP, the fact that he's got guys already to level 60, only one new move between the two of them, no new Pokeballs in the sidebar, the use of the Master Ball etc.

Not saying that Greninja is legit, but I don't see how those things you mentioned are errors.
means nothing.

But the shape of the feathers are also different s:

because it totally doesn't look like one of its "feathers" is behind its body, right?
these leaks may be fake, but they aren't one of the shitty kind, so these "i can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time..." are ridiculous

Well, I wasn't the one who made the pic, I found it on 4chan and posted it here. I am still not convinced that they are fakes tbh.

fraktur

because it totally doesn't look like one of its "feathers" is behind its body, right?
these leaks may be fake, but they aren't one of the shitty kind, so these "i can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time..."-posts are ridiculous.

Where the hell are people getting "only 70 new Pokes" rumor? How unbelievably shitty.

Without commenting on the veracity of the rumor:

1) Is it not better to have less filler Pokemon?
2) Mega-Evolutions might be numerous enough to make the actual number (were to actually be around 70) seem less shitty.
3) GF's first 3D game and they will still be modeling and animating well over 800 Pokemon, formes, mega-evolutions, and gender differences. That's a lot of work for any team.

Where the hell are people getting "only 70 new Pokes" rumor? How unbelievably shitty.
"Only"? People are complaining about "only" 70 new pokémon?

That's what, 30 less than we usually get if true? And all fully 3D animated with some gender differences and mega evolutions, not to mention the old pokémon as well?

Oh boy. Froakies final evo looks pretty nice if its real, though i could do without out mewtwo tail scarf, just go back to your foam thing :p also hope the 70 new pokemon only is fake. But i wouldn't put it past gamefreak. They always disappoint one way or another.

So, why would the English name be Greninja?

The naming pattern has been keeping to "Frog" + rank. Then in the last part, it switches to something else entirely? It reads more like the French names (Grenousse -> Croâporal -> Greninja).

Also as per usual, no one can take a blur-free shot. Always something that obscures detail...

Dr. Buni

Yeah, I don't see the problem with ~only~ 70 new Pokémon, as long as they all look good. Gen V had 150 new Pokémon and I could live without 2/3 of them. I just find a bit unbelievable that Game Freak would reveal half the Pokédex before the release. So, while I don't think Greninja is fake, I have doubts about the veracity of the 70 new Pokémon and almost-no-post-game thingies.

So, why would the English name be Greninja?

The naming pattern has been keeping to "Frog" + rank. Then in the last part, it switches to something else entirely? It reads more like the French names (Grenousse -> Croâporal -> Greninja).

Also as per usual, no one can take a blur-free shot. Always something that obscures detail...

Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise

?

Yeah, I don't see the problem with ~only~ 70 new Pokémon, as long as they all look good. Gen V had 150 new Pokémon and I could live without 2/3 of them.

I just find a bit unbelievable that Game Freak would reveal half the Pokédex before the release. :p

We had about 1/3 of BW's dex revealed before release.

Yo is that froakie thing real.

If so I made the correct life choice.
If it were real I'd have no problem, I was expecting a wicked frog ninja to mess foes up.
Oh, I meant the whole frog relation thing. o: Grenouille is french for frog.
When I say nothing that reminds me of "frog", I mean in English. The name would not make me blink an eye if it were the French name, but by the names of the moves, I'm presuming these are supposed to be screenshots of the English game.

Rizsparky

I think the froakie final form is a fake, mainly because of the name.

Froakie is Frog + Rookie
Frogadier = Frog + Brigadier
Greninja = Grenouille + Ninja?

It doesnt really make sense, unless Greninja is in French or something.

Forkball

We've seen 40 new Pokemon, so if there are really only 70 not counting mega evolutions then we have already seen over half the line up, and that doesn't include obvious evolutions to ones we have seen. Not to mention the very few new Fairy Pokemon.

SeZMehK

We've seen 40 new Pokemon, so if there are really only 70 not counting mega evolutions then we have already seen over half the line up, and that doesn't include obvious evolutions to ones we have seen. Not to mention the very few new Fairy Pokemon.
Eventhough there haven't been more new fairy type pokemon, I am sure they will be retyping old pokemon so there will be a good number. Lol

Say there is 70, we've seen 40.

There's still guaranteed (more or less).
1X 3rd 'Z' Legendary
3X Starter finals
3X Pseudo-legendary evo line
3X Trio Legendary

When you add in likely evos or pre-evos to Bunnelby, Helioptile, Noivern, Orotto, Meowstic Sptritzee, Swirlex, Clauncher, and Skrelp, there may only be another 10 or so Pokemon we know nothing about.

Village

If it were real I'd have no problem, I was expecting a wicked frog ninja to mess foes up.

When I say nothing that reminds me of "frog", I mean in English. The name would not make me blink an eye if it were the French name, but by the names of the moves, I'm presuming these are supposed to be screenshots of the English game.

Exactly.

It would have turned out almost exactly as I expected it to turn out.

Dr. Buni

It really isn't. Not for me ,anyway.

Well it is for me, but only if none of those 70 are evolutions or pre-evolutions of old Pokémon (except for Sylveon, obviously). If you take out evos and pre-evos from the Johto and Sinnoh dexes, the amount of new Pokémon is "ridiculously low" as well.

It's not a deal breaker, but more would be better. Still, the new models, animations and mega-evolutions should make the old Pokes feel fresh again. I've played Blastoise to death, but I'm actually super to play him in this game.
I dunno. We have 649 Pokémon as of Gen V, so I don't really think "more would be better". But that is just me.

Tusk

Ugh, power went out. x.x Super sorry, by the way. I'm still pretty tired and I just got what you meant. ;~;
My bad.

70 new Pokémon is perfectly fine.

It's not a deal breaker, but more would be better. Still, the new models, animations and mega-evolutions should make the old Pokes feel fresh again. I've played Blastoise to death, but I'm actually super excited to play him in this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno if that froakie thing is real or not, but considering that a consistent theme to his design would be his bubble scarf why would they suddenly switch up to a solid red coloured scarf?

Top Bottom