• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Activision remaking Goldeneye for Wii

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Activision and console exklusives ? dont think so....

I thought the recent rumor was that they were making a sequel, not a remake. Apparently it was EA who did Rogue Agent, though, not Activision, so I'm at a loss.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
It's probably happening. I remember seeing this rumor on gaf before. seemed like we even had a rumored dev at that point.

EDIT: Eurocom was the dev, that's right.

Firestorm

Go Nintendo is like news aggregator for Nintendo news. I'm sure they had a link to the real source which is probably even worse considering how many terrible sites I remember them linking to when I still visited.

Taker666

It really depends if Nintendo/Microsoft/Rare have come to an agreement.

The easiest route to take would be a DS/3DS port..as home console ports would cause problems due to being competition for each other.

I wouldn't believe any rumors of a Wii port...and the images on Go Nintendo look fake.

On the one hand, would be cool.

On the other hand, 4-way splitscreen shooter with pointer controls would be seriously weird and might not be fun to play.

On the other other hand, it's Go Nintendo and this is probably BS.

wrowa

I bet it's true and everyone will be happy when GoldenEye
Rogue Agent's Wii port
will be announced at E3.

Shiggy

Chris1964 said:
Still don't believe until I see it.

Would you put a game you've just imagined on your CV in order to get a job at Team Bondi? Would be stupid, wouldn't it?
I do not say that the information given is true, I just state that Eurocom is working on GoldenEye for Wii - may it be a remake or a new title.

pakkit

Banned
I'm not sure if I'd get this. The port would have to be very strong.

The survey that's screen-capped on the site (once again, assuming its true) says that it'll update using Daniel Craig and include a golden Classic Controller Pro.

I don't know why they'd include the CCP though for a Wii FPS.

Guardian Bob said:
Does Rare still own anything?
Probably just the original game code, so if Activision remake it without using any of the original assets the only company they'll need to deal with is Nintendo - who quite obviously won't object if it's Wii exclusive.

Vinci

Danish
bumpkin said:
So first they kill IW, and now they're trying to suck up to us gamers? :lol

If they were sucking up to people on this board, they'd make it for PS3/360. Not the Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
dorkimoe said:
i thought rare owned half and nintendo owned half hence why its never gona happen

activision has the bond license
ea had the bond license for a while
rare and nintendo both have ownership claims in the game itself

yahoo

seady

Vinci said:
Wow. Activision must have a helluva legal crew to work that shit out.

If there is one thing Activision is experience and good at, it's the legal and law stuff.

Dascu

pakkit said:
I'm not sure if I'd get this. The port would have to be very strong.

The survey that's screen-capped on the site (once again, assuming its true) says that it'll update using Daniel Craig and include a golden Classic Controller Pro.

I don't know why they'd include the CCP though for a Wii FPS.
Be happy, that's a good sign that it's not an on-rails shooter.

Shiggy

Cow Mengde said:
You're being sarcastic, right?

They've done a pretty good job with Dead Space Wii, haven't they?

Btw, this Wii remake should also make some Xbox Live Arcade fans happy - the Xbox remake should see a release too.

Shiggy said:
They've done a pretty good job with Dead Space Wii, haven't they?

Btw, this Wii remake should also make some Xbox Live Arcade fans happy - the Xbox remake should see a release too.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant the part where you confirm the game in the works.

DS:E sucked monkey fuck. Their "sequel" to Goldeneye on the N64 was pretty solid. Not the greatest game in the world, but for a movie licensed game, it wasn't bad at all. That was over 10 years ago.

Top Bottom