• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

slapnuts

Damn it.....i hope this rumor is NOT true....Damn!!!!!! I want to play this on my PC so bad that i held out on when it released on last gen systems and been waiting patiently for this F'n game. Rockstar..if it does get delayed....jaws better be hitting floors by its improvments, thats all i gotta say lol

good. i need to try and conserve my money right now and don't need any further temptation. end of 2014 is looking like all destiny right now.

lantus

Hearing nothing of it since it was announced leads me to believe this. Then again, rockstar have their own way of advertising their games.

This makes sense to me as we've heard nothing about it since E3, but man does it ever suck. I'm foaming at the mouth to play GTA V on PC.

SJRB

Gold Member
Maybe now "Radar Love" will actually be in the game. I was so pissed that the song was cut.

I remember Flying Lotus stating in an interview he had to cut a huge part out of his FlyLo FM tracklist, Rockstar was very strict about the length of the station's overall playtime.

I can only imagine it was because of DVD filesize constraints, which are no longer an issue now. I really hope all radio stations get an upgrade with additional songs.

Liamc723

It's odd how this is the very first piece of information we've gotten about this remaster since it's announcement, and it's come from a model. (An extremely beautiful one at that!)

Rembrandt

Banned
Cara Delevingne says it's this fall so this is obviously wrong!

http://instagram.com/p/sTFD8MjKB6/

yes, I cannot wait to listen to her beautiful voice while driving around los santos. I'm excited again. (here's to Love Sosa being in the game for real this time.)

It's odd how this is the very first piece of information we've gotten about this remaster since it's announcement, and it's come from a model. (An extremely beautiful one at that!)

Eh, not really. It's Rockstar's MO when it comes to GTA. They do the trailers, occasionally drip out info (it was like a year between the announcement/trailer to actual details, iirc) and then suddenly it's a media blitz with billboards and all of that. Hopefully we hear something next month, if we don't hear anything before last-gen's release date, it's definitely pushed back.

I remember Flying Lotus stating in an interview he had to cut a huge part out of his FlyLo FM tracklist, Rockstar was very strict about the length of the station's overall playtime.

I can only imagine it was because of DVD filesize constraints, which are no longer an issue now. I really hope all radio stations get an upgrade with additional songs.

I really hope the file size was the case, a three hours of content on the radio stations would be awesome. When I saw all the songs that were cut on the GTA wiki expanded radio stations became a top wish for the current gen version of the game.

Speaking of the radio stations whatever happened to Nightride FM? Was that just a rumor, or was it cut out?

Rembrandt

Banned
I really hope the file size was the case, a three hours of content on the radio stations would be awesome. When I saw all the songs that were cut on the GTA wiki expanded radio stations became a top wish for the current gen version of the game.

Speaking of the radio stations whatever happened to Nightride FM? Was that just a rumor, or was it cut out?

No official word. Somewhere in-between he announced it for promotion or he was cut because he announced early.

Liamc723

Eh, not really. It's Rockstar's MO when it comes to GTA. They do the trailers, occasionally drip out info (it was like a year between the announcement/trailer to actual details, iirc) and then suddenly it's a media blitz with billboards and all of that. Hopefully we hear something next month, if we don't hear anything before last-gen's release date, it's definitely pushed back.

I know, but I wasn't really expecting to get details on GTA V from Cara Delevingne's Instagram when I woke up this morning.

leadbelly

Banned
Rockstar are in a position where they can spend shit amounts of time and money developing a game. GTA V was in development for years as it is.

NastyBook

If it hasn't already been said and laughed at mid sentence, this will give them enough time to add heis-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

I'd figure that would be the case if this was a NEW entry to the series. I don't think they put billboards up of GTA IV before they released the game on PC.

If this was GTA VI I'd be more inclined to believe that it was delayed after all the silence. Guess we will see when the end of the year approaches!

janoDX

I'm not even mad about this, there's plenty of games this year to play, and we need some space to get back into Los Santos.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So they're adding content to the radio stations or at least to Non Stop Pop FM, so maybe new songs too?

Also if they're recording tracks, how far could the development be?

Recording tracks won't take that long, it would literally just be music files placed into the database and called upon for the radio. The fact they are doing that means it is probably nearly ready to go.

A bit off topic, but I feel like all these games being pushed back to 2015 are just going to create the same problem we have now, in that it will just be too crowded and so developers will push it back again to ensure their own limelight. Of course, some games did need it (Evolve is one) but for the most part it seems like everything will just be crowded once again.

If this is true I will actually be pleased. I recently bought the game for ps3 and I have been suffering from a strong sense of buyers remorse. . It was a real spur of the moment decision, and I just jumped on a second hand bargain. I have such a backlog of games that I am unlikely to start it for a while, and as such I really logically should have waited to pick up the vastly superior pc version in a month or two. If that month or two turns out to be six months, then I will feel more comfortable with my purchase.

Raziel

The timing for this release is problematic. Typically you'd want a re-release to include some DLC as part of a Complete Edition, but no SP content is released (?), meanwhile the PC version is getting pushed waaayyy back.

I'd figure that would be the case if this was a NEW entry to the series. I don't think they put billboards up of GTA IV before they released the game on PC.

If this was GTA VI I'd be more inclined to believe that it was delayed after all the silence. Guess we will see when the end of the year approaches!

Pc releases rarely get big money campaigns with billboards and the like. Across the 3 platforms I would expect the HD release to sell at least 5 or 6 times what gta iv sold on pc.

Had no interest in playing this after beating GTAV on PS3, so I could care less.

My hope is that one of those games delayed till 2015, will see this game being pushed to next year and decide to move their release date up again. Its a long shot, but I would love for it to happen.

Moozo

imNF20d5IEM45.gif

Cats!

Finally I can fulfil my dream of shooting a cat/running a cat over/using a rocket launcher on a cat

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was really excited at first but tbh I'm not that bothered about this on PS4. I'll likely get it on PC though, but I'm in no rush. A delay would not surprise me.

Top Bottom