• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

antitrop

Not surprised by this we have not gotten any new info or release date since the trailer was shown back at E3.

It's just some guy speculating in a YouTube video like you are.
There is no basis to this rumor, other than pure intuition. People are getting worried over nothing. I hate this video.

And as for the Huff Post, "plenty of chatter at Gamescom" was probably a bunch of journos standing outside the front door smoking cigarettes speculating, while still being as fucking clueless as everyone else.

Need to update this for GTA.

uJM.gif

That said, I'm kinda ok with a delay. I waited this long.

SJRB

Gold Member
Not surprised by this we have not gotten any new info or release date since the trailer was shown back at E3.

It's not like Rockstar went dark for like 2 years after the original reveal trailer or something.

Rockstar gives zero fucks, they announce stuff whenever they want. They don't get pressured into making press statements on heresay bullshit like the stuff in this thread.

That's how they always have operated. People acting concerned over a two month radio silence is bizarre.

doofy102

Well, even the trailer was showing improvements across the board. The game is already out, I'm happy for them to take their time to improve as much as they want.

This could have something to do with the Single Player DLC, too.

antitrop

That's how they always have operated. People acting concerned over a two month radio silence is bizarre.
FUCKING THIS

And the journalists writing articles about the rumors are the fucking worst of it, perpetuating the baseless fear-mongering.

FUCKING THIS

And the journalists writing articles about the rumors are the fucking worst of it, perpetuating the baseless fear-mongering.

Seriously..I'm surprised at how many posters in here seem to be taking this as fact. The video is from a youtuber who has 60 subscribers, speculating. The other is about "chatter at Gamescom". That means absolutely shit if R* themselves didn't say it.

R* works on their own schedule. They release info to the media when they feel like it. They are probably the only developers in the world who do NOT get pressured to do anything by a publisher. You guys should know this by now if you have been following them for the past couple of game releases, going all the way back to GTA 4.

So until R* say something about a delay, take this shit with a grain of salt.

UrbanRats

Seriously..I'm surprised at how many posters in here seem to be taking this as fact. The video is from a youtuber who has 60 subscribers, speculating. The other is about "chatter at Gamescom". That means absolutely shit if R* themselves didn't say it.

R* works on their own schedule. They release info to the media when they feel like it. They are probably the only developers in the world who do NOT get pressured to do anything by a publisher. You guys should know this by now if you have been following them for the past couple of game releases, going all the way back to GTA 4.

So until R* say something about a delay, take this shit with a grain of salt.

They also delay a lot.. or should i say Take Two does.

It's not unthinkable, given the scope this remaster seems to go for.

That said, you're right about it being just a baseless rumor.

Loakum

Banned
I'm taking this rumor as highly believable, because it seems the most logical at this point. Considering how frequent games are getting delayed left and right to 2015, is it a stretch that a massive sandbox game wouldn't meet the same fate? (not to mention...this is Rock* we're talking about. They have a history of delaying their games)

xBladeM6x

Perhaps Rockstar should just put out a release window instead of staying quiet until the last second like they always do.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
All the people banging on about oh a YouTuber with 60 subs doesnt know shit. Dont you understand its Pat Garret of VG247?

Tookay

"Chatter at Gamescon"

Journo 1: Haven't heard about GTA in a while.
Journo 2: Yeah.
Journo 3: Maybe it got delayed.

All three of whom don't understand that R* operates according to its own timetable.

Nzyme32

Man some impatient people here. This a shame sure but hardly the end of the world. As a PC player only for quite a while, I waited for the game this long, its pretty easy to wait longer and plenty of other games to play in between.

If it's not given a release date in September, then yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Could still release in November or December otherwise

Seems like it'd be easy to get this thing out given that it's a finished game that's just getting a new coat of paint.

Then again, I have no idea what it's like to actually make games.

Seems like it'd be easy to get this thing out given that it's a finished game that's just getting a new coat of paint.

Then again, I have no idea what it's like to actually make games.

Well we already know it's not just simply getting a "new coat of paint" but also new wildlife, more vegetation, higher density of pedestrians/vehicles, upgraded weather effects, and even additions to the radio stations apparently (the Pop station at least). Who knows what else. A delay shouldn't surprise anyone if it does happen.

woen

Rockstar has a history of announce then delay

Yeah exactly, the rumor and the thread are based on nothing. They could've done the opposite : "RUMOUR : GTA V XBO/PC/PS4 'Not delayed until 2015'" since we have actually more proofs of that statement. We can still discuss it indefinitely, in thin air, waiting for the next R* press release / teaser / video though.

2014 always seemed like an awfully ambitious release timeframe if they didn't actually have an internal PC build that they down-ported to 360 and PS3.

I've waited this long for GTAV, I can wait another year. It won't kill me to play other games until then.

Matush

New tracks you say? I still stand by my assumption that re-release will come with big story DLC bundled in. TLaD and BoGT both had new songs in some radio stations and I think it will be the same here.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
To be honest, until there's a real date there's no delay. They'll deny any release day plans until they have a set date announced.

Taker34

Banned
I doubt that it will be delayed. This is the typical Rockstar PR. Being quiet until they think it is time to release the game.

AmyS

This does not surprise me or upset me in the slightest. "It's done when it's done" and all that.

It will also give me time to save up for a new gaming PC,

Assuming the delay is true, when the PS4 / Xbox One / PC versions of Grand Theft Auto V ship, the first true Maxwell desktop cards will have launched (October 2014, mid sized GM204) and Big Maxwell cards should be coming out soon (Q2 or Q3 2015, GM210)

Anyway, did anyone really think a game as massive as GTAV could be remastered in 12-14 months ?

Rockstar isn't pulling it out of the oven yet.

What worries me is not GTAV though, (fall 2014 or early 2015) but the future. Activision trying to buy Take Two?

Fuck THAT..

Jay Sosa

New tracks you say? I still stand by my assumption that re-release will come with big story DLC bundled in. TLaD and BoGT both had new songs in some radio stations and I think it will be the same here.

I really hope so. I'm not waiting 2 years (or is it 3 by then?) just for a graphical update.

GlamFM

Banned
Guys, work on your reading skills - seriously.

It´s not delayed. Confirmed on this very page.

Here´s a screenshot to make it more easy for you:

jixuaLD.png

doomquake

I wonder if these are simply marketing decisions due to games coming up this year. Seems silly if it is. But then again...maybe not.

Top Bottom