• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Neonep

I liked the story in the original. I probably won't buy it though. I got the 1st one on PS Plus and I still think Mortal Kombat isn't a good fighting game. Still feel stiff.

ZarKryn7

You know what to do Netherrealm.

could-we-see-static-shock-in-dc-s-legends-of-tomorrow-static-shock-in-young-justice-796284.jpg

I don't know if Static was in those comics. But I really want him in! Phil lmarr

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I didn't mind the first game. Nice Plus title.

The fighting is a tad slow and clunky once you've become accustomed to Killer Instinct, but it still has enough in it to keep it interesting and has a shitload of modes. I like the multiple level thing from UMK3. It takes it to a whole new level in Injustice.

I'm hoping they don't just port over the MKX fighting mechanics.

fernoca

NRS Games oddly don't appeal to the Fighting Tournament scene though but Boon and Co. appear at EVO.

And poor KI.
Keep in mind that the numbers vary by tournament:
MK has never been big in the FGC, but the numbers has gone up and then stay at around the usual 100+.

KI was quite close to even Smash on this one.

est1992

Between this, WB Montreal Superman game, Return to Arkham, and possibly Shadow or Mordor 2, WB should have a solid E3.

Nasbin

I expect that they learned A LOT from making the first Injustice. MKX is a massive, massive improvement on MK9, hopefully Injustice 2 represents a similar leap.

Danneee

Damn, I loathe the first one. Rise of the Robots levels of bad imo.
Stiff and slow gameplay, boring, ugly, uninteresting characters (in a fighting game).

Did the first one even sell enough (actual sales and not number of PS+ downloads) to even justify a sequel?

Drayco21

Damn, I loathe the first one. Rise of the Robots levels of bad imo.
Stiff and slow gameplay, boring, ugly, uninteresting characters (in a fighting game).

Did the first one even sell enough (actual sales and not number of PS+ downloads) to even justify a sequel?

It was the number one game in the NPDs for the first two months it was on the market, and was top ten in the third; and that's before the Ultimate Edition rerelease, which seemed to do pretty well for itself, even aside form the Plus money.

LaNaranja

I really want another MK v DC. When is that coming? :(

Also Warner games are always so rotten with DLC that I will probably just wait until 2018 for the complete edition to be released.

Well, since the first one had an Arrow costume with Stephen Amell recording a costume specific voice over, maybe the new one will have a Flash costume with Grant Gustin recording a costume specific voice over. Same with Supergirl and Melissa Benoist.

Give me Red Hood, Neverrealm. You know we need it.

WB might have a pretty killer E3. Looking forward to it. Hope we get word of that Suicide Squad game that's been teased for a while.

Hasney

Lol PC. Jesus, if High Voltage are working on it, I won't buy it on any format. Even then, won't get it until PC gets all the content of the other versions because fuck WB at this point.

Give me Red Hood, Neverrealm. You know we need it.

WB might have a pretty killer E3. Looking forward to it. Hope we get word of that Suicide Squad game that's been teased for a while.

Ohh we'll get that Squad game. Been far too long since 2012. Some shit obviously went down with it. Probably got re-worked to tie into the Arkhamverse or the DCEU. DCEU seems more likely.

DrArchon

Wish I could get hyped for this, but I've only got a PC and there's no way I'm trusting WB with a decent PC version of this game (or any of their fighting games).

Seriously, fuck WB for how they treat PC fans of NRS games. Injustice was shit, MK was shit, and then MK somehow got MORE shit. Fuck 'em.

Altairre

I'd buy the shit out of that. Had a blast with the first one. Hopefully they won't fuck up the PC version again though I do have a PS4 for that case.

Would this be NRS' first UE4 game? I remember something about how WB's UE3 license had to run until MKX came out.

I like Injustice, but I hope they continue with MKX DLC as well.

fernoca

Well, since the first one had an Arrow costume with Stephen Amell recording a costume specific voice over, maybe the new one will have a Flash costume with Grant Gustin recording a costume specific voice over. Same with Supergirl and Melissa Benoist.
Next year will also have the Wonder Woman and Justice League movies. So also expect looks and voiceovers tied to the respective releases as DLC, like Ezra Miller's Flash.

est1992

Yeah, I really hope they didn't ditch that for Superman, Suicide Squad seems like a far better fit for a game.

Based off one of the leaks they indeed did stop production on Suicide Squad for Superman. I for one am happy about that but I can see why some wouldn't, SS is a great IP for games.

Spinky

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

.la1n

If they are targeting 2017 then I hope we get at least one more Kombat pack for MK in the mean time. Noob must return.

Ryce

Assuming there are around 24 characters on the disc (12 heroes, 12 villains) like NRS' last few games, there isn’t much room for change from the previous installment.

Using the heroes as an example, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Arrow are practically guaranteed, and I can’t see them cutting Shazam or Nightwing. That leaves only two (or three) spots for Raven, Hawkgirl/Hawkman, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Supergirl, Black Canary, Static, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, Rorschach, and a bunch of other popular characters.

I’m curious to see what NRS does.

fernoca

Still being made on that clunky MK engine? I'll pass.
If should be improved over MKX which was improved for Injustice and MK2011.

I kinda see them using the style variations from MKX.

Like a "Tech Batman" around his gadgets, "Brawler Batman" around closer combat and "Shadow Batman" around counters.

EDIT:
Probably a lack of cameos too. XD
The team got a ton of bad feedback from people asauming that cameo characters in MKX should be in the game just because. In some cases for free, since their logic was that Rain and Tanya are in the game already, so why charge for Tanya...

They did that just as cameos, but said that would condider not adding any cameos in future games.

Spinky

Assuming there are around 24 characters on the disc (12 heroes, 12 villains) like NRS' last few games, there isn’t much room for change from the previous installment.

Using the heroes as an example, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Arrow are practically guaranteed, and I can’t see them cutting Shazam or Nightwing. That leaves only two (or three) spots for Raven, Hawkgirl/Hawkman, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Supergirl, Black Canary, Static, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, Rorschach, and a bunch of other popular characters.

I’m curious to see what NRS does.
There are far too many DC characters and only so many slots. Not everyone is going to be happy.

I think they might swap Nightwing out for Robin, as painful as that sounds. I also have a feeling that at least part of the roster will be made up of more obscure characters and/or characters appearing in upcoming movies.

TreIII

Last time, I really wanted Atrocitus (and Dex-Starr) to show up, but the most he got was a background spot. I wonder if his fortunes would fair any better in the sequel.

Or hell, if any more expanded Lantern-side personalities will show up, for that matter.

Top Bottom