• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: No Man's Sky leak around v1.3 update

Venfayth

Hyped to come back to this game, this sounds great.

I don't think they'd call it Joint Exploration if it was real multiplayer, lets wait and see what it is first.

What the hell is this update?

Release-Demo_x64_2017_08_10_14_42_16_334-1920.jpg

gossi

New screens going in OP, straight from their website CDN:

bvkbx4u9k0fz.jpg

Terrain editing is there too.

This is a major update.

JoeBoy101

Iy7tf5z.jpg

Gauging on my playing, this would put the creature somewhere between 3-6 stories tall. I'm just spitballing though as there's not a good reference, but the other creature in the foreground could not be that small if otherwise.

Listonosh

The official discord is going absolutely bonkers right now. This is exciting stuff. Happy for HG that people are excited to come back to this game. I just hope whatever this update is, it delivers on a lot of people's expectations.

JoeBoy101

The official discord is going absolutely bonkers right now. This is exciting stuff. Happy for HG that people are excited to come back to this game. I just hope whatever this update is, it delivers on a lot of people's expectations.

If they even half of this is true, it'll knock my expectations out of the park. I was only hoping for something as sizable as Pathfinder or Foundation. If what we're hearing is true (and it has receipts), then it will be more than both of them combined.

And a big wave of new players. Finally bought the game yesterday because of this update

Listonosh

If they even half of this is true, it'll knock my expectations out of the park. I was only hoping for something as sizable as Pathfinder or Foundation. If what we're hearing is true (and it has receipts), then it will be more than both of them combined.

Definitely. I'd say the fact that they had the ARG, AND that because it's the one year anniversary, I kinda expected this update to be pretty substantial. But hot damn, some of those things on that list sound great!

And a big wave of new players. Finally bought the game yesterday because of this update

Thats awesome!

Man, haters will be haters, but I always sort of felt bad for HG. Yeah they totally overpromised and underdelivered, which I think might have been because they lacked a true PR machine to help them gather their thoughts, but I believe that from the start, they made a game that "they" wanted to make. The gaming community just expected a lot more and in some cases with good reason. It's cool that they're getting on some people's good graces with those leaked patch notes. Now just to wait and see if the update does make the game a lot more enjoyable for a bigger userbase

Koh

I enjoyed my time when I played this at launch, but moved on before base building etc.

Now I'm hyped by this update!!!

So is this when the game finally exits steam greenlight and enters normal release?
Like, for real this time?

Obviously I'm being facetious but I want to know if this makes the game worth it. With everything I heard previously, I skipped it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I enjoyed my time when I played this at launch, but moved on before base building etc.

Now I'm hyped by this update!!!
Likewise. Got the platinum before the first content update. I think I'll be putting the disc back into my PS4 to dive in again.

Honestly if this update is as big as it looks respect to the team for sticking with it and trying to deliver more on people's expectations.

The game already sold a huge amount of units at launch. They could have easily just abandoned it and moved on

fernoca

Honestly if this update is as big as it looks respect to the team for sticking with it and trying to deliver more on people's expectations.

The game already sold a huge amount of units at launch. They could have easily just abandoned it and moved on
The thing is that their intention was always to continue updating and adding stuff to the game.

Just that some things weren't finished at launch.

But abandoning the game after launch was never in the cards.

Stiler

This is looking and sounding great.

Joint exploration, I wonder if that's actual mp or if it refers to like you exploring with npc squadmates or something.

Also am I the only one that'd love actual atmospheric flight controls?

So when you are flying within a planets atmosphere the spaceships controls and flight behavior feel more like.....well flying on earth rather than the same as flying in space?

As much of a train wreck the launch was, I'm so glad they stuck with this game and really are taking the time to radically overhaul it.

Disappointed I didn't grab it during the Steam Sale. Hopefully it'll have a sale to go along with the update.

JoeBoy101

Also am I the only one that'd love actual atmospheric flight controls?

So when you are flying within a planets atmosphere the spaceships controls and flight behavior feel more like.....well flying on earth rather than the same as flying in space?

COUGH

ujQdLQc.jpg

The shading is because of it being datamined.

Azure Dream said:
Disappointed I didn't grab it during the Steam Sale. Hopefully it'll have a sale to go along with the update.

Humble Bundle has it at $24 right now.

Alienous

I wonder if they can announce multiplayer without finally admitting it was never part of the base game.

Maybe that's the motivation behind playing it down?

kudos to Hello Games for not just disappearing after making the initial money and actually trying to address the criticisms people had, if this is as substantial as it seems I'l gladly buy a copy.

Glad I brought the game for $15 not too long. Sony should follow up with releasing it on ps plus and get it tons of good exposure. It's the least thatgamecompany after the launch catastrophe.

Unicorn

Yo! Mission, economies, and systems revamped! Most hyped for that and if it is actually meaningful changes. Biggest let down imo

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I hope the updated combat means air manoeuvrability/combat

I wonder if they can announce multiplayer without finally admitting it was never part of the base game.

Maybe that's the motivation behind playing it down?

All their updates were played down until the patch notes arrived.

OuterLimits

It's a shame these updates weren't part of the game at release. Review scores probably would have been much higher and obviously the launch firestorm could have been avoided. Plus more people would still be playing today.

Glad they didn't abandon the game though since the updates have certainly improved it. It's slowly getting towards what Sean and team wanted the game to be at release.

I'm trying to keep my hype in check over the leaked stuff. Would be bummed if things like quests and crashed freighters aren't there. Lol.

wiibomb

I really really hope this update is everything people expect, because Hello Games really needs this good rep after everything that went down last year.

mokeyjoe

Gauging on my playing, this would put the creature somewhere between 3-6 stories tall. I'm just spitballing though as there's not a good reference, but the other creature in the foreground could not be that small if otherwise.

It says it's 5.91m in the shot.

That's about standard large NMS creature sized. New parts though.

Top Bottom