• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS+ EU games for March includes Deadnation for PS4.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so this is an interesting twist for my backlog. I bought Dead Nation on PS3 and never played it, and now I'm getting it on the PS4 for free. Will attempt to play this time.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I tried playing it not too long ago and it basically becomes impossible to continue as a single player game. It essentially forces coop on you, and that really bummed me out to the point that I moved on.
I finished it on default difficulty in single player. I didn't really think it was too difficult. You just have to use the right weapons for the most part.

nampad

Not bad. I can understand why people aren't happy about Dead nation as the PS4 game. I own the PS3 version and the game probably is crossbuy anyway so I get nothing. If it isn't crossbuy with the PS3 version, I hope the PS4 version is at least with the announced Vita version because that's where I want to play it.

Tomb Raider isn't bad, but of course I already played it. Brothers on the other hand is nice, I have waited for the game to hit PS+ after the Americans got it. Excited to play it after I have heard so many good things.

On the Vita side, I already own Smart As. It is a solid game. Pixelunk Monsters HD is something I want but wouldn't buy because I own the PS3 game so good for me.

Melchiah

So, if Dead Nation for PS4 turns out to be true, does it mean the supposed upcoming sequel is actually a HD version of the first? If so, I'm disappointed.

Really nice month for my Vita, I missed the sale on Pixel Junk Monsters on December and also I have been waiting ages for Smart As to appear on the service

SxP

Tomb Raider, damn. Was gonna buy that when I got a PS4 in 2 months or so, but you can't beat free I guess. If the leak turns out to be true of course.

murgo

For me it's a pretty good month. Want to play everything but TR, which I've already played on PC and will probably buy for PS4 again.

What happened to Octodad though? I thought that one was most likely to be the March PS4 freebie.

one of the best games of the last generation (especially if you played it at hard the first time)... where is dead nation 2 housemarque ?

GoaThief

It's just another average twin stick shooter. Keep your expectations in check. It's not on par with Geo Wars, SSHD or Resogun.
Maybe it's a good thing that it's not on par with Resogun as it would probably mean my most played PS4 games will be twin stick shooters.

That sounds a little wrong for a fresh console. ^_^

Duster

Sounds like a a great month to me, getting a chance to play games that sound interesting but I probably wouldn't buy is one of the main attractions of PS+.

Deadnation? I think I got that for free after the psn hack, deleted it after twenty minutes meh. Might give it another try though on PS4. I hope it's false though :p.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So Dead Nation is basically top down Left 4 Dead? By the Resogun dudes? Man, I'm fucking down. Does it have local play? If I can play with my kids I'll buy a second controller!

bombshell

So, if Dead Nation for PS4 turns out to be true, does it mean the supposed upcoming sequel is actually a HD version of the first? If so, I'm disappointed.

One does not exclude the other.

The port of Dead Nation to Vita/PS4 is quite likely not done by Housemarque (Double 11 tweeted they were porting a game to Vita/PS4, so could be them), while Housemarque is likely working on Dead Nation 2 now.

So Dead Nation is basically top down Left 4 Dead? By the Resogun dudes? Man, I'm fucking down. Does it have local play? If I can play with my kids I'll buy a second controller!

Yes, it supports local/online 2-player co-op, and the game is so much more fun co-op than single.

Oppo

Really, huh. Will play, that game is great dumb fun. Really shines in co-op.

Now bring over Renegade Ops and I will be content for dual stick action for a long time.

BibiMaghoo

It's a twin stick shooter with a top down view. Not like LFD in the sense of objectives.

slider

My tiny mind can't comprehend ir imagine Dead Nation looking better than it did on PS3.

Actually, there was occasional slow down.

swnny

Urgh, the Vita lineup is terrible. I mean, if the games were separated for this and next month, paired with a more decent titles it would be good, but giving them at once is just cheap...

bombshell

Urgh, the Vita lineup is terrible. I mean, if the games were separated for this and next month, paired with a more decent titles it would be good, but giving them at once is just cheap...

PixelJunk Monsters and terrible in the same sentence does not compute.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Tomb Raider's a weird choice. Hope this coincides with a sale on the PS4 edition.

Dead Nation I will happily play through again. Fantastic co-op game, Housemarque are god-tier.

swnny

PixelJunk Monsters and terrible in the same sentence does not compute.

Technically, they are not in the same sentence. :)
I'm not saying that the games themselves are terrible or bad, but having them in the same month adds to a bad month for me...
It would have being better (for me) if they went like this - the Feb freebies be like Dynasty Warriors and PixelJunk and the March freebies - ModNations and Smart As... Or something like that, it just looks better and less cheap imo.

Omega

Banned
I saw Dead Nation and thought of Dying Light for some reason.

That has to be faker than Kim Kardashian. If that list was NA I would believe it, but Yurop gets amazing PS+ titles. They wouldn't just be getting vanilla Tomb Raider a year after it came out

Theecliff

Banned
Brothers? Fucking damn, bought it during a PSN sale recently. Better get round to playing it before it appears on plus then.

And Tomb Raider seems pretty cool. Not sure whether I should just wait till I have a PS4 and play the definite edition instead though.

Just imagine Dead Nation in glorious 1080p and 60fps !!!

faint-o.gif

Another good month again. I was very nearly tempted by Tomb Raider on PS4 but it was a tad pricey. Now there's no point and I'm pleased I held off. DeadNation will be fun to play through again and I loved PJ: Monsters so it'll be nice to play that. Wasn't bowled over by Brothers demo but I'll give it another shot.

Kuro

Disappointed if this turns out to be true. Already got Deadnation for free on PS3 and I'm sick of zombie games

I love Dead Nation, but this would be a very disappointing game for March. I've played it to death and have no desire to play it again.

Port over Wipeout HD/Fury instead.

Bankoiia

Huh, don't remember hearing anything about Dead Nation making it over to PS4. Could be fun to play through again. On that note, was Journey ever confirmed to be ported?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Well, if the Dead Nation PS4 port turns out to be true, I hope then they do the same for SSHD as well.

Son Of D

Don't have a PS4 but building a catalog for when I get one is neat.
I have Tomb Raider on disc, could trade it in and go digital I guess. Haven't played Brothers, but have been meaning to.
Vita games seem eh...

creyas

I'd be OK with this. Haven't bothered to play through it on PS3 and really need something play on PS4, this would be enough incentive.

Top Bottom