• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS+ EU games for March includes Deadnation for PS4.

Dead Nation is a funny one....

Most people who have PS4's this early are hardcore Sony fans
So they had PS3's
..and when PSN was hacked...Dead Nation was one of the free games that was given away for free.

...so it's likely most people with a PS4 already played through Dead Nation already. Hmmm

mikeyw85

Banned

So they had PS3's
..and when PSN was hacked...Dead Nation was one of the free games that was given away for free.

...so it's likely most people with a PS4 already played through Dead Nation already. Hmmm
Well yeah, that's how I got Dead Nation. Although I didn't play it much. I have more determination to play PS4 games atm though.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Once the DLC begins to drop I expect Battlefield 4 to join PS+. I even expect it to be the first bigger release we'll see. Maybe Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

For now I'm happy if Dead Nation arrives. It's a fun game and I had a lot of fun with it on the PS3. Didn't finish it because there were so many other games on my to-do-list so this fresh coat of paint is just what I want. If it turns out to be fake I'll be disappointed.

You can't see the benefit of a 720p 30fps game (dead nation) getting a 1080p 60fps makeover, but you can get behind a 1080p 60fps game (wipeout HD/Fury) getting a 1080p 60fps re-release? If anything the latter is more pointless, because in either case assets probably won't change.

Wipeout HD/Fury wasn't 1080/60 locked though and it would lend itself much more to a PS4 release than the likes of Dead Nation, which I love, but see no point in re-releasing.

Releasing DN on the PS4 would be like re-releasing Critter Crunch (another game I love) on the PS4 and trumpeting 1080/60. Pointless...

Melchiah

Once the DLC begins to drop I expect Battlefield 4 to join PS+. I even expect it to be the first bigger release we'll see. Maybe Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

For now I'm happy if Dead Nation arrives. It's a fun game and I had a lot of fun with it on the PS3. Didn't finish it because there were so many other games on my to-do-list so this fresh coat of paint is just what I want. If it turns out to be fake I'll be disappointed.

Considering, that Knack is free on Japanese launch, I think it's going to be offered on PS+ at some point.

I hope there'll be at least some gameplay additions to Dead Nation.

Other than Brothers then it's a fairly quiet month for me, but I won't complain. I'll take a look at Dead Nation (if true) and maybe finally get through the game on co-op.

Already got Smart As and Monsters on the Vita, TR:DE on the PS4 so unlikely to bother with PS3 version and also bought Dead Nation on release.

KORNdoggy

Wipeout HD/Fury wasn't 1080/60 locked though and it would lend itself much more to a PS4 release than the likes of Dead Nation, which I love, but see no point in re-releasing.

Releasing DN on the PS4 would be like re-releasing Critter Crunch (another game I love) on the PS4 and trumpeting 1080/60. Pointless...

but critter crunch is 1080p/60fps on PS3, much like wipeout, the port is pointless. unless you're getting a significant improvement in res or framerate (preferably both) which dead niation would benefit from, then it defaults to being a more pointless re-release.

wipeout HD/fury is 1080p more then it isn't. it's dynamic res isn't even noticable. now, if they went 4k and 120fps, then there is a reason for it being ported to PS4, but a previous gen game, ported across and retaining it's exact res and framerate is the very definition of both a cash grab and being utterly pointless. if they ported 2048 though, that's a different story.

You can't see the benefit of a 720p 30fps game (dead nation) getting a 1080p 60fps makeover, but you can get behind a 1080p 60fps game (wipeout HD/Fury) getting a 1080p 60fps re-release? If anything the latter is more pointless, because in either case assets probably won't change.

Well my reasoning is that Dead Nation isn't a looker by any means, so bringing it to the PS4 is akin to polishing a turd (visual wise, not saying it plays like a turd), whereas WipEout Fury could get an enhanced port, adding lots of extra graphical fidelity and generally making it busier to look at without sacrificing the resolution or frame rate. Either way, I don't really care to play Dead Nation again, and don't consider it good worthy of a next-gen port.

meppi

Well my reasoning is that Dead Nation isn't a looker by any means, so bringing it to the PS4 is akin to polishing a turd (visual wise, not saying it plays like a turd), whereas WipEout Fury could get an enhanced port, adding lots of extra graphical fidelity and generally making it busier to look at without sacrificing the resolution or frame rate. Either way, I don't really care to play Dead Nation again, and don't consider it good worthy of a next-gen port.

I think you are really underestimating what Dead Nation was doing on a technological level.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If dead nation is PS3,PS4,PSV cross buy it will be damn fine. I really hope for this.

They would have to be pretty dumb to make it cross buy. Cross buy makes sense for new games, but for ports of several years old games it doesn't make any sense. That's a lot of sales they're losing out on from people that already own the original version. The idea is to get those people to buy the game again on a new platform. Cross buy goes against that.

SmokyDave

They would have to be pretty dumb to make it cross buy. Cross buy makes sense for new games, but for ports of several years old games it doesn't make any sense. That's a lot of sales they're losing out on from people that already own the original version. The idea is to get those people to buy the game again on a new platform. Cross buy goes against that.

It wouldn't be unprecedented though. Flow, Flower, Limbo, Soundshapes were all retroactively cross-buy. There are probably more that I've forgotten too.

J4g3r

March?

Will be too busy playing Dark Souls II.
chansub-global-emoticon-b6d67569a0c6340a-20x27.png

RalchAC

I think Knack is a given. Assassin's Creed is a possibility, since Sony and Ubi seems to be quite friendly lately. Before BF4 PS+ owners will get Shadowfall multiplayer (or full game, who knows). Tomb Raider and Rayman Legends look like games people could get in 6-9 months.

Well, that didn't stop Sony from making Flower or Escape Plan cross-buy.

Amneisac

yup

and a unique game at that

twin stick shooter

zombies

just dont see many of those!

Nice sarcasm, but it is actually different in the sense that it has progression. Most twin stick zombie shooters are score attack run around in circle in the same area until you die. Dead Nation actually has different levels and you progress through them like a normal game. It's also amazing fun co-op. My wife was on the last level on the Undead difficulty and never finished it on PS3, maybe this will motivate her to give it another try.

Vitor711

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I want WipeoutHD Fury on my PS4. Having a portable version of that (even if it ran half as well) was one of the main reasons why I didn't get rid of my Vita for so long.

Tambini

I will say that Dead Nation was pretty boring on Normal difficulty. Bump it up to the harder settings with a friend, then it gets good.

Play it on hard people.

terrier

i wish dead nation was a vita psn+ instead of ps4.... or maybe both being crossbuy and hopefully crossplay too for coop , who knows. Would fit vita perfectly and i enjoyed it a lot when played on ps3 :)

Is Dead Nation on Vita still a thing? Haven't heard much about it since last summer.

if it isn't being answered in the next 48 hours as they say, probably not.

it was being developed by a different studio anyways, like the PS4 version too.

news might include stuff about Resogun DLC too.

genbatzu

So they had PS3's

Germans got Huzzle Kings instead of Dead Nation, thanks to USK.

PSN Currency Cards are USK 18 (PEGI 18) and it is not allowed to give away free USK 18 stuff.
Free-2-Play Games on PS4 costs money in germany, they usually come packed with the lowest amount of ingame-stuff. e.g. Warframe is 0,49€ in germany and includes 3 Days XP and Money Boost.

Bumhead

Banned
if they ported 2048 though, that's a different story.

God yeah. Came to post this.

They retroactively added the HD/Fury content to 2048 on the Vita. Doing the same in reverse for PS4 with a 1080/60 up-port of the 2048 content would be one hell of a package. Infact I'd readily pay for that, not just a Plus freebie.

God yeah. Came to post this.

They retroactively added the HD/Fury content to 2048 on the Vita. Doing the same in reverse for PS4 with a 1080/60 up-port of the 2048 content would be one hell of a package. Infact I'd readily pay for that, not just a Plus freebie.

the studio that made wipeout is no more

Eltros

Banned

So they had PS3's

That is the boat I am in. I already have the game because of the hacking and I never finished it then and just because it is now on the PS4 instead of the PS3 will not make it magically more fun. It is kinda boring since it is just so repetitive. If it does end up being the PS4 game then I am kinda bummed out. I see no reason for the 5th month of the PS4 for Sony to be offering a old PS3 game that they already gave away for free. If they are going to be doing something like that then it could at least have been a higher profile game then this.

Sec0nd

Very excited if it's actually Tomb Raider. Was looking forward to buying the game on the cheap for the PS4 somewhere in the future but you can't beat free.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
All in all this month shows better variety than the last month. Regardless of quality that is a good thing. Looking forward to playing Dead Nation again.

Top Bottom