• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Leaked off-screen screenshot

Tonky

People. Look at the textures on the windows for the "D&M Exchange" building. Does that look like something R* would make? The fact that people are still debating this is embarrassing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Call of Juarez looks better in comparison IMHO. I don't know what that shit is from but it ain't RDR2.

So are you sure you're looking at the final build here in this screenshot? that argument the grass looks like shit or the graphics sucks doesn't count because when you start making a game then yes it will look like shit in the beginning of course, this pic could be from an early alpha build or whatever.

People. Look at the textures on the windows for the "D&M Exchange" building. Does that look like something R* would make? The fact that people are still debating this is embarrassing.

it could be a placeholder...

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

assuming its a texture and not something to do with the building interior not rendering right

People debating pineapple pizza is edible is embarrassing, this on the other hand is exciting.

bud23

I was thinking...what if actually isn´t an anonymous leaker, but Rockstar themselves creating some buzz before they drop the bombs later this week or next week, just like they did when they revealed the game?

I still think it's real

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rockstar's silence makes them seem so damn arrogant. Over 6 fucking months and not a single beep from them.

They have their GTA money so far up the ass they don't care about us anymore lol.

Looking at it again the shop behind the guy does seem very simplified compared to the one in the trailer. Then again, so was the 'house for sale' in the original GTAV trailer, and other stuff too.

Tonky

I was thinking...what if actually isn´t an anonymous leaker, but Rockstar themselves creating some buzz before they drop the bombs later this week or next week, just like they did when they revealed the game?

I still think it's real
They wouldn't need to drop a pre-alpha screen to generate buzz. They literally changed their Twitter icon red and GAF broke

etta

my hard graphic balls
How sad of fucking times we live in when people are complaining these graphics are trash.

Like spoiled brats.

Mik2121

That doesn't look real at all. Asset quality is all over the place, lighting is terrible, post process too. If this is somehow real, it's very old, but even then I'll go and say it's fake.

Edit: After looking at it again, yeah, this isn't real. Looks like amateur hour when it comes to asset placement, lighting and postprocess.

That's not real, or at least doesn't look real at all. Asset quality is all over the place, lighting is terrible, post process too. If this is somehow real, it's very old, but even then I'll go and say it's fake.

hey, even gta5 can look ugly at times.

The fact that pose of the NPC is the same as the one in the official trailer made me go massive on teamreal.

Mik2121

hey, even gta5 can look ugly at times.

The fact that pose of the NPC is the same as the one in the official trailer made me go massive on teamreal.
You know people have access to even free tools to animate characters, and you can find any kind of asset anywhere online either for free or sold for cheap. This may be true, but if it is, this is one of the worst looking games Rockstar has released (aesthetically and technically when compared to other games available around the same time).

The second image from the leaker has concept art that is insultingly bad, too.

It's a really weird situation after seeing the 2nd shot posted by same guy and him claiming 1st is real but 2nd is fake, like why?

The assets and gfx seems consistent, maybe not a gameplay shot if shot in that position, think a cutscene which you should expect a lot of in RDR when story progresses. The assets aren't seen anywhere else too so... like Bloodborne leak, i lean real.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

It's a really weird situation after seeing the 2nd shot posted by same guy and him claiming 1st is real but 2nd is fake, like why?

The assets and gfx seems consistent, maybe not a gameplay shot if shot in that position, think a cutscene which you should expect a lot of in RDR when story progresses. The assets aren't seen anywhere else too so... like Bloodborne leak, i lean real.

Well the Bloodborne leak was a gif, then a small video. A little more to go on than this screenshot :).

IMACOMPUTA

If real is it supposed to be from a first person perspective? Seems odd if the character on screen is the mc.
I doubt the camera would go through the doorway like that in third person. If its real, it definitely looks like first person exiting a building.

That being said, it looks an awful lot like GTAV. I don't know what to think.
Either it's fake and made in GTAV, or it's real and for the first time R* isn't going to blow us away with graphics.
I'm leaning towards the former.

Stider

Just had a thought occur to me: since this seems to be a 1st person screen from what we can see and due to the(in some peoples opinions) poor graphics, could this be for a possible VR mode ala RE7. I could see Sony moneyhatting something like this and it would help move a tonne of PSVR units when it launches.

KyleCross

I'm confused, what's wrong with them? The sun is reflecting in them, which gives that covered look. You wouldn't be able to clearly see inside. That's actually good graphics there.

Simo

I feel like that's the new Far Cry

New Far Cry isn't a Western though.

im just hungry for anything at this point

Everyone is. 7 months with no info or media save for the announcement trailer and that "Fall 2017" release. Thankfully a ton of fantastic games have kept me busy this year up until now and Rockstar could do with releasing, well, anything.

Next week on Thursday is Red Dead Redemption's 7th anniversary, and for some reason Rockstar has taken down the official RDR Facebook page for a month or so now, and the week after is Take Two's scheduled investors call...so I mean something has to happen soon right? lol

MaxiLive

I'd say it is a fake. Looks cool though whatever game/mod it is. But the lighting and texturing isn't up to Rockstar's level.

The main deal breaking for me is the actual framing of the screenshot it self, it is framed as an official screenshot with some though gone into it but no AAA developer would pass a bland screenshot like that as early marketing material especially with the lighting.

But if it were a real leak it could be a quick shot from debug without all the sliders turned up and the Photoshop tweaking but even then it doesn't look to be quite at the level that Rockstar tends to produce.

Why post what seems to be a legitimate screenshot then fuck everyone over with a very obvious fake second screenshot? Is this "leaker" just really fucking with all of us?

GlamFM

Banned
Why post what seems to be a legitimate screenshot then fuck everyone over with a very obvious fake second screenshot? Is this "leaker" just really fucking with all of us?

Leaker posts fake screenshot - gets carried away by his own "success" - wants to ride the wave and goes to far.

Leaker posts fake screenshot - gets carried away by his own "success" - wants to ride the wave and goes to far.

Why not just post something similar to the first? This self-destruction literally makes no logical sense to me.

Edit: man I was on team real, but now I'm salty. At least that AC leak the other day was real lol

GlamFM

Banned
Why not just post something similar to the first? This self-destruction literally makes no logical sense to me.

Edit: man I was on team real, but now I'm salty. At least that AC leak the other day was real lol

Because it took him a long time to make the first and he did not have something of this quality in his back pocket.

Top Bottom