• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Run the Jewels 3 - Released Christmas 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
First listen and it seems like it lacks the dynamism of RTJ2 but it compensates with more and consistency.

Hope after this they take a break for more solo stuff/other ELP collabs/that Mike and Big Boi EP.

Dereck

Call Ticketron

SEeodrT.gif

robotrock

Banned
Felt like I was RTJ'd out before this album released...but nope. This album is really good. Probably their best, or at the least, their most consistent sounding release.

El-P may have ascended into legendary status here

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
El-P went batshit insane on this album. The production is on another level.

Panther like a Panther... holy shit

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This wipes the floor with everything else hip hop this year, it's not even funny.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
*with everything else I heard.
I can't stop grinning, it sounds so good!

Yessss the features are fucking fire can't wait. I was hoping for a Kendrick feature after the big mike props on hood politics but whatever I can live without it

NotLiquid

Down is such a different track for RTJ to open an album on but fuck me if it wasn't the most zen shit they could have kicked off with

EDIT: Call Ticketron, what the FUCK El-P. What were you on when you produced this track

62c2103b3c14185b00f691ceeeff5653.jpg

NotLiquid

Hey Kids (Bumaye) is an interesting track to me because rather than being a track that Danny Brown just rapped over, it feels like the beat was made for him instead.

The tracks aren't as immediate or instantly memorable on first listen as they were on RTJ2, but I can tell that these are the kind that take multiple listens to unwrap and reward is. Production is insane and very layered.

NotLiquid

A Report To The Shareholders / Kill Your Masters might be their best album closer yet. And I don't say that lightly, since A Christmas Fucking Miracle is one of my absolute favorite tracks of theirs. It feels like it perfectly closes out this trilogy of albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom