• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuneScape |OT|

Collete

It comes down to self control in the end. If you feel that the game is taking over your life, then try to moderate how much you play on it. Set times in the day or allow yourself 1-2 hours a day at any time. If you find that you can't do that then I would do what you did, especially if I felt it was getting in the way of other things (going out with friends, messing up your sleeping pattern and so on.) You made a good choice in quitting, but did you try to moderate how much you played it before doing so?

I was in a dark moment in my life and RS was a major escape, so moderating my usage wasn't in my thoughts.
I tried to go back to it awhile back with moderation in mind...But, the game just changed too much that I just couldn't get into it. All my old friends quit, I don't necessarily agree with how Jagex is running their own games now with micro-transactions and that so called "poll" to bring that the Wilderness, combat was tedious, layout confused the crap out of me, and all the bad nostalgia behind the game came over flowing back that I just realize, it's time I shouldn't really go back. Still for anyone still playing the game even with moderation in mind, props to you. I just can't stand playing this new version of RS any longer.

Nebula

I was in a dark moment in my life and RS was a major escape, so moderating my usage wasn't in my thoughts.
I tried to go back to it awhile back with moderation in mind...But, the game just changed too much that I just couldn't get into it. All my old friends quit, I don't necessarily agree with how Jagex is running their own games now with micro-transactions and that so called "poll" to bring that the Wilderness, combat was tedious, layout confused the crap out of me, and all the bad nostalgia behind the game came over flowing back that I just realize, it's time I shouldn't really go back. Still for anyone still playing the game even with moderation in mind, props to you. I just can't stand playing this new version of RS any longer.

Yeah the micro-transactions are a road I didn't ever see Jagex taking but that's what happens when a profit hungry company gets majority ownership of RuneScape. They want to see profits in the short term even if it costs the game it's popularity (which is has done and is still doing) but I consider the EoC rework and the NIS good changes to the game, and it reminds me that there are still people at Jagex who love the game and treat it, and the players who are on it, incredibly well.

I understand why you quit though. I've done so many times but I usually make a return to see how now updates work and stuff, and I've enjoyed my time back so far. I hope you don't have to use gaming to escape life again. No one should have to.

EDIT: Reading that last bit again, it came across as a bit ehh... What I mean is gaming to escape life to a point where the game/s become your life.

Nebula

Guys! Guys!

RRNaL8q.png

WOOOOOOOOOOOT

Wonderful, sexy looking cape. 99 Constitution next, maybe even this week!

t-ramp

Yeah the micro-transactions are a road I didn't ever see Jagex taking but that's what happens when a profit hungry company gets majority ownership of RuneScape. They want to see profits in the short term even if it costs the game it's popularity (which is has done and is still doing) but I consider the EoC rework and the NIS good changes to the game, and it reminds me that there are still people at Jagex who love the game and treat it, and the players who are on it, incredibly well.
It's depressing that the membership price has risen significantly since I started playing. Not surprising, I guess, but combined with the micro-transactions and such, makes the game less appealing. I'd rather have it, while perhaps not be updated as often, still cost $5-6 a month and not have membership bundles and whatnot.

I also find it somewhat appalling that they were going to charge $5-$15 extra for Old School RS, depending on votes. While I'm glad that it ended up being free, and will be for the foreseeable future, it's another disappointing indicator of Jagex's priorities.

Congrats on 99 Strength. My Woodcutting cape is boring without any trim... I'll probably start playing some when I get moved into my apartment next week, and update the OP as well.

Nebula

It's depressing that the membership price has risen significantly since I started playing. Not surprising, I guess, but combined with the micro-transactions and such, makes the game less appealing. I'd rather have it, while perhaps not be updated as often, still cost $5-6 a month and not have membership bundles and whatnot.

I also find it somewhat appalling that they were going to charge $5-$15 extra for Old School RS, depending on votes. While I'm glad that it ended up being free, and will be for the foreseeable future, it's another disappointing indicator of Jagex's priorities.

Congrats on 99 Strength. My Woodcutting cape is boring without any trim... I'll probably start playing some when I get moved into my apartment next week, and update the OP as well.

I remember it being £3 thanks to this story.

My friend got a 360 and he got Oblivion with it. He hated Oblivion but let me play it when I was around his because I loved the game to bits. He would spend all his time asking me to buy membership for RuneScape "because it's boring playing Castle Wars alone." I declined until I got my own 360, but that's because he said he'd give me Oblivion if I bought membership. It was a done deal and I must have sunk 600+ Hours into 2 characters on it since that day. This was back in 07.

Yeah my untrimmed Fletching cape looked poop but now it looks great! Definitely worth working for that second 99. Hope your move goes smoothly!

Dec

Yep. When thye upped the price if you didn't cancel you kept the $5/month price. I unfortunately stopped playing for a few months and let it go. So I now pay $8 :(.

I remember it being £3 thanks to this story.

My friend got a 360 and he got Oblivion with it. He hated Oblivion but let me play it when I was around his because I loved the game to bits. He would spend all his time asking me to buy membership for RuneScape "because it's boring playing Castle Wars alone." I declined until I got my own 360, but that's because he said he'd give me Oblivion if I bought membership. It was a done deal and I must have sunk 600+ Hours into 2 characters on it since that day. This was back in 07.

Yeah my untrimmed Fletching cape looked poop but now it looks great! Definitely worth working for that second 99. Hope your move goes smoothly!

Grats on strength. Faster with EoC you think? I just do frost dragons sometimes and it seems like I get 2m att xp a day if I kill a lot.

Nebula

Thanks! It's definitely a lot faster. I can see myself maxing combat before I hit 95 slayer to be honest. Range is something I'm not comfortable using yet, mainly because I don't have great gear so I can't hit that well with it. I need to work on 85 Dungeoneering for Frost Dragons so I can sell the bones and have consistent money coming in. I've done rather well so far though with Slayer.

Got Waterfiends and I'm using melee on them for some reason. Do they still have a weakness to crush or is it just range now?

Dec

Thanks! It's definitely a lot faster. I can see myself maxing combat before I hit 95 slayer to be honest. Range is something I'm not comfortable using yet, mainly because I don't have great gear so I can't hit that well with it. I need to work on 85 Dungeoneering for Frost Dragons so I can sell the bones and have consistent money coming in. I've done rather well so far though with Slayer.

Got Waterfiends and I'm using melee on them for some reason. Do they still have a weakness to crush or is it just range now?

Specifically bolts I believe. If you can get a Royal Crossbow you'll be set with just some Royal Dhide (dirt cheap).

The bow should only run you like 1m or something, but you do need to click it while standing in the QBD's fire in her last form to forge it.

But with that stuff they die in seconds, and it's some of the (used to be? They made wfs stronger a few patches back) fastest range xp.

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
Guys! Guys!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT

Wonderful, sexy looking cape. 99 Constitution next, maybe even this week!

Grats! :D

A combat 99 is something I always wanted but I just can't stand melee. Never really have in any game and never really will. They're all hovering in mid to low 90s so I'm still useful, sort of. (I'm a huge wuss).

When is the new skill thing comin' out? Which one is first, the gathering skill or the buy skill? I'm super out of the loop, sorry!

Dec

Grats! :D

A combat 99 is something I always wanted but I just can't stand melee. Never really have in any game and never really will. They're all hovering in mid to low 90s so I'm still useful, sort of. (I'm a huge wuss).

When is the new skill thing comin' out? Which one is first, the gathering skill or the buy skill? I'm super out of the loop, sorry!

Within a week or two, and it'll be the gathering skill. World Wakes spoiler:
After Guthix died
, energy has been raining all over the world, you can gather it.

Nebula

MAH JOURNEY SO FAR

I got 85 Dungeoneering a few days ago and bought my off-hand Chaotic Claw which owns. I also killed the QBD for the first time :D and managed to brandish my Royal Crossbow in the same attempt that I killed it in. Missed the brandish the first time she used her breath but I got it in the second time. It was my third attempt overall with my first being a teleport out, and my second being a death trying to brandish the Royal Crossbow.

I'm set for Range tasks now, and I might unblock Ascension members since they were impossible with dual wield Rune Crossbows. I'm about 100k off 85 Slayer and being able to kill Abyssal Demons for the first time. I know Whips are worthless but it's always been a target of mine to get one from an Abyssal Demon.

270k to 99 Constitution as well. I will definitely have all combat stats 99 when I hit 99 Slayer at this rate.

Nebula

Another 99 :D

Also went Kree A'raa (not sure how it's spelt) for the first time as a duo and I came out of it with 50 Kill count. I used Royal Dhide chaps and body, Armadyl helmet, Saradomin's Murmur and a Royal Crossbow. The only issue I had, and the one thing that stopped me doing better was how badly the magic minion was owning me and my partner. It was pretty much the only thing doing serious damage.

If anyone has any gear setups or tips that don't involve anything higher than the stats I have then please share. Thinking about going to Graardor next time. He's meant to be pretty easy.

Dec

Another 99 :D

Also went Kree A'raa (not sure how it's spelt) for the first time as a duo and I came out of it with 50 Kill count. I used Royal Dhide chaps and body, Armadyl helmet, Saradomin's Murmur and a Royal Crossbow. The only issue I had, and the one thing that stopped me doing better was how badly the magic minion was owning me and my partner. It was pretty much the only thing doing serious damage.

If anyone has any gear setups or tips that don't involve anything higher than the stats I have then please share. Thinking about going to Graardor next time. He's meant to be pretty easy.

One tip that probably wont apply here but is actually helpful in general is that accessories like boots and gloves don't negatively affect forms of combat they are not meant for.

Wearing range armor while meleeing for example will give negatives to melee, but the gloves and boots don't matter.

So you can choose your gloves and boots depending on what you need defence against. Glaiven's can be used with melee to give more defence from magic attacks while not sacrificing melee accuracy (all glacor boots have the same defence but how that defence is distributed among the combat triangle changes depending on the type).

I don't boss at all so have no idea about that specific fight.

Nebula

One tip that probably wont apply here but is actually helpful in general is that accessories like boots and gloves don't negatively affect forms of combat they are not meant for.

Wearing range armor while meleeing for example will give negatives to melee, but the gloves and boots don't matter.

So you can choose your gloves and boots depending on what you need defence against. Glaiven's can be used with melee to give more defence from magic attacks while not sacrificing melee accuracy (all glacor boots have the same defence but how that defence is distributed among the combat triangle changes depending on the type).

I don't boss at all so have no idea about that specific fight.

Good to know. Guess I'll be whipping out the Ganodermic Gloves in the future. Learn something new every day!

Dec

Good to know. Guess I'll be whipping out the Ganodermic Gloves in the future. Learn something new every day!

Yep. Steads have constantly crashed since they offer nothing but looks over the other Glacor boots.

I'm really not that happy with where stats have gone. Kiln cape doesn't give all that much crit over something like a skill cape. Same with Dominion gloves.

Nebula

Yep. Steads have constantly crashed since they offer nothing but looks over the other Glacor boots.

I'm really not that happy with where stats have gone. Kiln cape doesn't give all that much crit over something like a skill cape. Same with Dominion gloves.

I'm not sure what's going on at Jagex. The equipment seems to be a bit over the place. Fire cape feels like it should be a bit better, and so does Kiln cape. 99 capes are OK, but some items need a buff to be better than them. Not sure why the God mage capes give a higher crit in mage then a Fire Cape does in Melee despite it being harder to get.

I wear my 99 cape over my accumulator now as well since using abilities doesn't seem to use any ammo. I basically never need it to retrieve ammo for me and it provides less crit than a 99 cape.

Also have you done the new quest? Decent rewards in my opinion. Got to love free prayer xp. Still waiting on level 80 so I can get that 200k lamp from The World Wakes.

Dec

I'm not sure what's going on at Jagex. The equipment seems to be a bit over the place. Fire cape feels like it should be a bit better, and so does Kiln cape. 99 capes are OK, but some items need a buff to be better than them. Not sure why the God mage capes give a higher crit in mage then a Fire Cape does in Melee despite it being harder to get.

I wear my 99 cape over my accumulator now as well since using abilities doesn't seem to use any ammo. I basically never need it to retrieve ammo for me and it provides less crit than a 99 cape.

Also have you done the new quest? Decent rewards in my opinion. Got to love free prayer xp. Still waiting on level 80 so I can get that 200k lamp from The World Wakes.

Haven't yet. I usually hop on to do every new quest to keep my cape but haven't bothered, how long is it? Been 99 prayer for a couple years so all these quests giving it as a reward is a little useless :p.

Also yea, range abilities don't use ammo, only the basic attacks that are pretty infrequent, especially with a two handed weapon.

Nebula

Haven't yet. I usually hop on to do every new quest to keep my cape but haven't bothered, how long is it? Been 99 prayer for a couple years so all these quests giving it as a reward is a little useless :p.

Also yea, range abilities don't use ammo, only the basic attacks that are pretty infrequent, especially with a two handed weapon.

Took me like 30-45 minutes or something without a guide. Pretty easy to follow. Just make sure you read what's being said and make decisions you want to make because the decisions you make supposedly have consequences. I think what happened in the end for me is a consequence of my actions.

The Death of Chivalry end of quest spoilers -
For me Sir Owen was reanimated by Saradomin, but because Saradomin was angry that I defied him, that anger corrupted the magic and now Sir Owen is basically fighting a battle within himself to stop the corruption taking him over. His one arm is just bone and green glowy stuff.

Dec

I just remembered you can buy sub time with in game gold now. Looks to be a little over 6m for 14 days. Gonna grab some to do the new dwarf quest.

Done dwarf quest, got the new axe. And since you can get runecoins with gp now I bought some cosmetic suits.

ibwkyAnjBIEXmJ.png

Dec

Looking good :) What do you think of the upcoming prestige update?

I'll only do it if there are good rewards. Otherwise, it seems pretty great for the people into that stuff. For me, I'd rather focus on skills I don't have 99 in yet before I start redoing skills I already have. I understand they want everyone on an even playing field when they switch it on but I wish your xp over 99 was acknowledged in some way. I have enough xp to get 99 attack 4 times over but if I were to prestige I start from 0 again.

Edit: In terms of rewards, they said there would be cosmetic overrides. If those are good I'll probably redo slayer or something. Assuming they are skill specific cosmetics.

I forgot to mention it'll be good for low level supplies to be useful again. Herbs are a good example of low level herbs being almost free and high level herbs getting quite expensive at the high end. Hopefully this will even it out a bit more.

I also kind of enjoy the prices in the game right now. There are no bots so everything went up. Been making 3.8m an hour at frost dragons.

Nebula

I guess that having the prestige system will inject a lot of new low levels into the very lopsided (leaning heavily towards a lot of consistent players being at the higher end of the skills and combat scale) player base and bring back some value to the low level items.

I haven't played properly in a month myself but I did get my fist Abyssal Whip drop. Not worth much but it was always something I wanted to do in RS.

I'll be back though, maybe to get 70 Divination which is sitting at 66 at the moment and that will bring all my stats to 70+.

HTML5 needs some major refining before I'll consider it an option for gaming myself. Java does the job, and it doesn't take a decent rig to do that job either.

Dec

I guess that having the prestige system will inject a lot of new low levels into the very lopsided (leaning heavily towards a lot of consistent players being at the higher end of the skills and combat scale) player base and bring back some value to the low level items.

I haven't played properly in a month myself but I did get my fist Abyssal Whip drop. Not worth much but it was always something I wanted to do in RS.

I'll be back though, maybe to get 70 Divination which is sitting at 66 at the moment and that will bring all my stats to 70+.

HTML5 needs some major refining before I'll consider it an option for gaming myself. Java does the job, and it doesn't take a decent rig to do that job either.

Ya that's something I have to get on. I just came back since august 5 days ago so my Divination was at 1. Haven't really worked on it much. 40 atm. Feels like free totals though, so far it's a very easy skill.

Dec

Everyone should do this new quest. Missing Presumed Death.

It's awesome. You see some characters for the first time ever and the quest itself is awesome as well. Think procedural murder investigation show for the first half, awesome set pieces for the last.

The voice acting is great as well. Ichtharin has a really great part.

Edit: If you've done The World Wakes. You miss a massive amount of conversations without it done.

You see:

Armadyl and Bandos for the first time.

Also, Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) voice acted Ichthlarin in the quest.

------------------------

Yay.
iZdvOpYvj9Now.png

liftedly

Congratulations on 99 thieving! :)

Looks like the prestige update is not going to happen... the poll is at 32% yes now, it needs 75% to pass. I'm glad the update was still in the planning stage, so there will be little wasted dev time.

Dec

Congratulations on 99 thieving! :)

Looks like the prestige update is not going to happen... the poll is at 32% yes now, it needs 75% to pass. I'm glad the update was still in the planning stage, so there will be little wasted dev time.

I'm not sure I like how they do polls for important decisions like this. Ideally your playerbase knows what they want but I'm not entirely sure that's the case in Runescape, also that I didn't even know there was a poll and still don't know where it is.

Oh and thanks :). Next is range I think... got to 96 while I was getting 99 summ and never finished it.

t-ramp

Everyone should do this new quest. Missing Presumed Death.

It's awesome. You see some characters for the first time ever and the quest itself is awesome as well. Think procedural murder investigation show for the first half, awesome set pieces for the last.

The voice acting is great as well. Ichtharin has a really great part.

Edit: If you've done The World Wakes. You miss a massive amount of conversations without it done.

You see:

Armadyl and Bandos for the first time.

Also, Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) voice acted Ichthlarin in the quest.

------------------------

Yay.
iZdvOpYvj9Now.png
Congrats. I do kind of want to play some more RuneScape, but don't really want to pay for it. Not sure if there's anything worth doing in F2P... any advice?

Dec

Congrats. I do kind of want to play some more RuneScape, but don't really want to pay for it. Not sure if there's anything worth doing in F2P... any advice?

You can buy a bond for like 6m and redeem it for 14 days membership. If you don't have 6m I could get one for you.

------------------------------------

Yay again
ib0suwyKVaPhDW.png

And now all 99 combat skills + pray and summ 99.
igTSXGI0OvOo8.png

liftedly

Seeing how the rebuildathon was mentioned in the latest BTS, and Friday's BTS will probably be an October content wrap-up, I hope it will be out this week.

Players with a Premier Club gold membership package got a new batch of promotional items today:

7rSHF4V.png

Dec

Runefest will be livestreamed.

I was going to be surprised if it wasn't, but it hasn't been until this year so at least we'll get to see the new announcements when everyone there does this year.

Dec

Rebuildathon started today.

If you're a member you can earn 1 large lamp per day doing it. Other rewards are a helmet and apron that seem to be cosmetic, a title, and an emote.

Nebula

Grats on 99 in all Combat skills! Where did you do Range by the way? I was looking to hit 99 in it myself but Slayer tasks don't leave much room for Range.

I might pick this up again for a few weeks. We'll see what happens.

Dec

Grats on 99 in all Combat skills! Where did you do Range by the way? I was looking to hit 99 in it myself but Slayer tasks don't leave much room for Range.

I might pick this up again for a few weeks. We'll see what happens.

Waterfiends. I saw a guide that recommended ice fiends but they hit me really hard. I decided to just do Waterfiends and it was like 3.3m xp in 2.5 days and made 4m. They buffed the smoke ulti thing you get from The World Wakes so it might even be faster now.

Dec

I'll try to sum up the 2014 teaser here.

-New skill. Inventor.

Add weapons to each other using the skill. Level them up?

i072k5IL86PJI.png
i2Mhfv9wjcxGG.png

-Souleater weapons. Consumes the souls of specific monsters to increase in power (similar to a slayer task).

iNZ52wa4J1Ed9.png

-The next world event, Armadyl vs. Bandos. One of these gods will die at the end of the event. Focused around the two gods sitting at the top of their towers, preparing large weapons to destroy each other, you choose who to help by ensuring their caravans get to where they need to be safely and other activities, loser dies.

-Taking votes to decide what minigames to rework first, adding a matchmaking system to queue for minigames from anywhere and be teleported there, and back again so you can continue doing whatever while you wait for a game to start.

-Monster reworks, reworked giant mole boss encounter, meant to be an introduction to bossing. Attempting to make some of the one off bosses repeatable and more interesting to fight.

ibOvs9Xs0Tj1y.png

-Stuff for Old School? Not clear if coming to both or not.

1. Player Designed Bosses - The Kraken
  2. White Dragons and White Dragonhide Armour
  3. Raising the Dead - Use the bones of a creature to spawn a new one
  4. New quests that follow relatively unknown characters to flesh them out

-Player-owned Ports 2

• 2 New Zones, 8 New Locations
  • 3 New Adventurers. Cooking, Construction, and Hunter (90+ to attract)
  • 2 New Trade Goods and Resources
  • 12 New Crew Members
  • 8 New Ship Parts
  • 62 New Voyages
  • Level 85 weapons, capes, and rings.

-Quests

Master quest for Zaros returning, help him to get a body to inhabit (can look different for different players).

iX21RIRn39thI.png

Rite of Passage, already announced on the podcast, visit the Avianse homeworld and help a young Avianse complete the rite of passage, gain access to a series of floating islands with rewards on them, requiring gradually higher skills to access after the quest (fly between them).

ipRZe06fS17OD.png

-Hunger Games themed PVP mode? Use your skills to cook food and craft armor to be the last to survive.

Probably 5 or so other ideas that seem very early in development like your own church, for worshipers of you, watch the archived stream to see more I guess so this isn't even longer. This all starts at 1:48:18 here.

liftedly

The owner of one of the biggest Jagex supported fansites is now working for Jagex as a community engagement specialist, and he's in charge of player moderator recruitment. Funny how that works :)

Dec

The owner of one of the biggest Jagex supported fansites is now working for Jagex as a community engagement specialist, and he's in charge of player moderator recruitment. Funny how that works :)

Who?

There was an interview with the guy in charge of choosing player moderators and he had been there for a long time. They hired Silentcore and Regicidal but they are just in charge of twitter and shit.

liftedly

Mod Infinity AKA Nathan, owner of RuneZone.
This is not a part of that "year of the player" initiative, this vacancy was around for quite a while. He's doing a good job, to be fair.

The guy you're talking about is SteveW, and he still curates p-mods, only the recruitment bit is done by CM now.

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
Sooooooo many memories in this game, then I hop on and am reminded the sort of road it went down.

If I could port my character to 2007scape, that'd be the dream.

liftedly

The last fansite owner working in CM didn't make it through probation (Mod Mike).
Antics include freeing up a banned display name for his personal account (was reverted shortly after) and promoting a horribly insecure fansite through the official channels...

EDIT: Not one, but two leaders of that fansite are now RuneScape CM.

Dec

Looks like I wont be playing until next year. Not paying double price for bonds and mems ran out today. I'll probably play again when this VIP shit is done and prices go back.

t-ramp

Looks like I wont be playing until next year. Not paying double price for bonds and mems ran out today. I'll probably play again when this VIP shit is done and prices go back.
I haven't kept up on any new features or anything, but I've been doing a bit of fishing at the Barbarian Village recently. Currently at 80 or 81.

What were you doing in-game recently?

Dec

I haven't kept up on any new features or anything, but I've been doing a bit of fishing at the Barbarian Village recently. Currently at 80 or 81.

What were you doing in-game recently?

Honestly just logging in at 7 every day to send my ships out in my port. Been banking up good challenges though and they'll be gone by the time I come back unfortunately.

Dec

What in the fuck???

They turned my home world into the VIP world. Was wondering why it logged me out every time I clicked it from my favorites. Fucking bullshit.

Why the fuck would they do that? I thought they were creating a new world to be the VIP world, not ripping an existing world out and forcing everyone that uses it to switch. Fuck the community that existed on that world, guess we'll destroy it because we are offering some already fucked up benefit to VIP memberships.

Dec

Lovely decline in quality and respect for the fan base in the past few years.

It is actually kind of shocking to me how little effort is going into this "VIP" thing. Hats they were making as promotional items anyways, a boat load of loyalty points, a world taken away from normal members and given to VIP members, and some kind of pig pet probably inline with the quality of pets they have given away for free to get people into the solomon store.

As much as they could fit in there for very little work.

I would love to know how many people that purchase the year pack will have logged in at least 11 of the 12 months it spans come next year. Seems like a decent way to capitalize on the falling subscriber numbers, lock them in now with a deal that seems pretty good to them but costs you little.

Nebula

It is actually kind of shocking to me how little effort is going into this "VIP" thing. Hats they were making as promotional items anyways, a boat load of loyalty points, a world taken away from normal members and given to VIP members, and some kind of pig pet probably inline with the quality of pets they have given away for free to get people into the solomon store.

As much as they could fit in there for very little work.

I would love to know how many people that purchase the year pack will have logged in at least 11 of the 12 months it spans come next year. Seems like a decent way to capitalize on the falling subscriber numbers, lock them in now with a deal that seems pretty good to them but costs you little.

It's all it seems to be at the moment. Jagex are basically trying to stop hemorrhaging subscribers with whatever they can with as little cost to themselves as possible. Since that American company got a controlling share, the game has been slowly but surely moving towards a maximum profit minimum expenditure type deal. They sit on this until people speak up and get the community moving and/or they start seeing a huge decline in repeat subscribers.

I've not read anything to do with the game in a while though so I might be way off base, but this is what it was like before I started to stop playing a few years ago and when I quit a few months back.

Hard to care for a game when the companies behind it care little about the customers.

Top Bottom