• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R4BPHNa.jpg

OH FUCK!!!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
He has publications on PubMed, so.. however, do you realize how big this would be if it was fake? Pulling a joke on the entire scientific community for years on a subject that's way older than 3 years and has see almost no improvements, even considered one of the few solution to paraplegia and euthanasia? All for marketing, really?

I take it you're new to the Metal Gear series.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He has publications on PubMed, so.. however, do you realize how big this would be if it was fake? Pulling a joke on the entire scientific community for years on a subject that's way older than 3 years and has see almost no improvements, even considered one of the few solution to paraplegia and euthanasia? All for marketing, really?
As much as fascinating this move would be, especially if we think about MGS2, I think it's too much.

How do you explain all this? can it really be coincidence? i highly doubt it.

Pulling a joke on the entire scientific community for years on a subject that's way older than 3 years and has see almost no improvements, even considered one of the few solution to paraplegia and euthanasia? All for marketing, really?

Yep. And GAF uncovered it.
GAF > CNN > GAF incoming.

Edit: Konami only recently learned what Kojima is doing, got cold feet and fired him so that possible blacklash from this stunt can't fall back on Konami.
It all makes sense now.

Tecl0n

Yep. And GAF uncovered it.
GAF > CNN > GAF incoming.

Edit: Konami only recently learned what Kojima is doing, got cold feet and fired him so that possible blacklash from this stunt can't fall back on Konami.
It all makes sense now.

He flew too close to the sun.

SJRB

Gold Member
This was the final straw that got Kojima fired.

The greatest ruse of all time. What a legend.

fantomena

A book

Ever since Mary Shelley's novel, Frankestein (1818), the possibility of giving man a new body has ignited human fantasy. This possibility turned into reality in 1970, when neurosurgeon Robert White carried out the first head transplantation in a living animal. But the result was only partial, as the spinal cord could not be reconnected.Now, in the XXI century, that obstacle has been removed. Dr Sergio Canavero shook the world in 2013 with the HEAVEN head transplantation project. Thanks to a spinal cord fusion protocol of novel conception (GEMINI), the race is on to perform the first head transplantation in man. And one day -thanks to cloning- make you...immortal!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It all makes sense now.

Or

Kojima's the braindead patient whose body is being taken.

His Twitter has been going on because you don't need a brain for that.

It fits.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Review:
Great manual! I followed Dr. Canavero's instructions and it worked like a charm. I was a little groggy for a few weeks but have settled in to my new body comfortably. This new body is more than I could have ever hoped for. After about 20 years, as my mind starts to age and as dementia sets in, my plan is to get someone to transplant a new head to this body. When this transplanted body fails, I will repeat the process. Immortality indeed. I look forward the coming years, growing in to the people "I" will become.

wut

Okamid3n

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive/index.php/t-44363.html

ctrl+f canavero

Kojima planned this from 2009 by posting on random forums!

10-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Just as more evidence that phantom pain is linked to the brain, I recall a report about a surgery done by Dr Sergio Canavero several years ago where a woman wound up with phantom pain in a 3rd arm that never existed. All from "tweaking" something in her brain and apparently messing up something with the brain's "map" of the body. Canavero has done a lot of good work, but there's always risk when you're on the cutting edge.

Yes, I'm leaving this topic.

You're all crazy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Notably, of the reviewers, the one who rated it one star has ONLY rated that book, the other person has done other reviews but stopped for a few months and that's the last review they did. And there's some other, hmmmnn, things about it.

DevilFox

I take it you're new to the Metal Gear series.

Not really..

How do you explain all this? can it really be coincidence? i highly doubt it.

Well.. no. Even if "coincidence" could be used as a subtitle for a MGS title at this point, and I don't know if it's luck or what, I did a quick research and the amount of things off are too many, I mean look, from the book description

he has been hailed as "benefactor of mankind" and "Italian genius of the first order" by the US website www.painonline.org

painonline? fuckin really?
I just prefer to think the doctor in the trailer is Marv (or Madnar). Heaven just actually stands for "Head Anastomosis Venture" and anyway, the Heaven in MGS is totally another thing that nothing has to do with head transplant, it's about the freedom of the individual (the soldiers, in this case).
I'm not saying I would not like it.. but I would not like it.

thats it

MGS V greatest game of all time...first game to transcend the whole media and even time and space

their is no way Kojima would go all out with this viral marketing

omg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
What if the Metal Gear series is just an elaborate ruse to make us think that the TRUTH is just a marketing gag for a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom