• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryo Hazuki incoming for Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed?

TimmiT

SEGA just posted this image on Twitter:
W1JWNuQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/417324157823909888

Guess they're releasing him soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully they'll tease the plane form next, considering we haven't seen that yet. But in any case, sure hope this means he'll be released soon.

YES>. Finally coming.

I suppose this one isn't going to be free.. I don't want to pay 5 bucks for a single character, even if it is Ryo...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, the Yu Suzuki theme is complete. Space Harrier plane looks great. Now hopefully we'll get a release date this week.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1st release date. C'mon Sega, start off the year with some Ryo.
Would be nice.

Anyway, I can't but help but notice that after the complete non port that the first Sonic Racing got on PC, that Transformed has now probably easily sold the most on PC, and has received the best support.

If there's ever another entry in the series I hope that's taken into account and the PC netcode is improved a bit.

EDarkness

Would be nice.

Anyway, I can't but help but notice that after the complete non port that the first Sonic Racing got on PC, that Transformed has now probably easily sold the most on PC, and has received the best support.

If there's ever another entry in the series I hope that's taken into account and the PC netcode is improved a bit.

I'm sure the other versions of the game would have sold much better if they dropped the online prices to $5-10. Last I checked, it was still fairly expensive online.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Second teaser, which shows that his plane is a Space Harrier cabinet:
4dQx4vg.jpg

This picture is fantastic. Do we know yet if there will be a Shenmue themed track with the DLC as well? Because a track with Shenmue themed music would be AWESOME.

OmegaDL50

Wave Runner was never in a Shenmue game, was it?

Nope.

I can confirm it was Space Harrier, Outrun, and Hang On.

I haven't played either Shenmue 1 or 2 in years though so, I'm sure someone else in here could refresh my memory if there was other arcade classics that appeared in Shenmue.

This is what works excellent in this game, this silly but amazing fun things like Ryo driving arcade caninets, and AGES. Sumo is doing a great job, the game is only missing Segata Sanshiro and some House of the Dead/Virtua Cop representatives. History of Sega made in a fun way, this is Sega's smash.

I still dont think is the best kart racing out there like some people are claiming (some design choices, characters choices like Danica Patric and some random guy from a podcast and numerous bugs that IMO take it down a notch), but is an amazing game nontheless.

Just to be clear

The first game in the series is called
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

The second game in the series is called:
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

They dialed back the sega nostalgia stuff by design.

I have the two games, the first one is cleary more sonic and then some than the second one, which has more sega characters and tracks (I think right now is only missing the 2 japanese house of the dead zombies, while they have add a lot more variety and taken out some shitty sonic friends), and then some random characters of various things.

So the name change doesnt make any sense.

TimmiT

I have the two games, the first one is cleary more sonic and then some than the second one, which has more sega characters and tracks (I think right now is only missing the 2 japanese house of the dead zombies, while they have add a lot more variety and taken out some shitty sonic friends), and then some random characters of various things.

So the name change doesnt make any sense.
The first game had Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros and the Chu Chus as well.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
What makes it so much more difficult in this case? Other games have no problems to release DLC on consoles.

Maybe it's simply not worth it?

The only other explanation is that Sega or Sumo are purposely keeping DLC off of consoles to fuck over buyers of those versions, and since that doesn't make much sense...

Omikaru

I recently got this game for Vita off of PS+, will we get Ryu for Vita? For free? I'm not sure how this works.

It's probably PC only at this point, unless Sega/Sumo have a surprise up their sleeve, and I'm pretty sure it won't be free.

epmode

There's a big grey area between those two.

Please explain.

Releasing a patch for PS3 or 360 is not as easy as it is for PC even if the console owners don't charge for certification (does this still happen?). For one thing, the patch still has to pass certification which can take a lot of time.

Thanks to Steam, mostly, there will be a community around this game for a long time, and that community will continue to expand, if it hasn't garnered more sales than any individual console version already.

Continued sales on console versions will pale to the PC version

So PC getting DLC first and foremost should surprise noone.

Mesoian

Thanks to Steam, mostly, there will be a community around this game for a long time, and that community will continue to expand, if it hasn't garnered more sales than any individual console version already.

Continued sales on console versions will pale to the PC version

So PC getting DLC first and foremost should surprise noone.

Totally, especially with all the free weekends the game has gotten.

hey whoa
the only sonic character they removed between the two games was big the cat

what are you trying to say about big the cat

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just realized, if they teased the boat form yesterday & then plane today, that might mean either tomorrow or Wednesday will be the official reveal & we'll get a release date & such. Would make for a good New Years reveal.

Top Bottom