• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saber Rider and the Star Sherrifs: The Game - Kickstarter now live! (3DS/PC/MAC/LIN)

Shiggy

The money isn't going directly to Bplus or any of these other developers, though--it's going to the no-hopers running the KS and they may or may not make appropriate use of that money. They could have (claimed to have) hired Treasure for all the difference it'd make.

I don't think they will misuse the money. But I wonder if they will budget well. Their previous efforts tell me they won't.

Shiggy

Oct 9th 2015
Chris Strauss canceled the Nintendo 3DS Version of the Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs Game.

Sept 5th 2015
Chris Strauss canceled the Steam & NX Version of the Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs Game.

Saw this on the website of BPlus. What happened there?

TheMoon

Saw this on the website of BPlus. What happened there?

Oh that's last year. Thought this was new stuff. They had hired BPlus originally for the 3DS version afaik and then dropped them shortly after for another dev is all I know about that.

Shiggy

Oh that's last year. Thought this was new stuff. They had hired BPlus originally for the 3DS version afaik and then dropped them shortly after for another dev is all I know about that.

Oh, hadn't seen any such update on their Kickstarter page, which isn't getting many updates anyway. Doubt this thing will release this November.

Shiggy

Howdy Partners!

After several weeks of absence because of my health issues I am finally back. The matter was a bit more difficult than I thought and quite painful. In october I will have the last small surgery and than 6 years of constant pain should finally come to an end. I am sorry that this took so long. This week will still a bit slow but I can finally continue my work.

I got some messages forwarded to me by people who wanted to preorder the game. I am sorry that you didn't got any reply so far. Your messages will be answered with the next update.

Thank you all.

Chris

Is anyone apart from him still working on this? The BPlus guy apparently dropped out months ago, no announcement was made about that and he's still on the Kickstarter page. Then we have next to no updates in general, failed previous crowd funding attempts by the same guy for the same game in which people lost money, and now this guy has health issues.

If this doesn't end as another failed Kickstarter project, I'd be seriously surprised.

t3nmilez

The latest episode of Retro Gaming Roundup has a segment with one of the original members of the team and he makes it pretty clear that the project was a complete mess and that anyone who backed this got conned. Worth a listen to even if you don't have anything invested in the project.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The latest episode of Retro Gaming Roundup has a segment with one of the original members of the team and he makes it pretty clear that the project was a complete mess and that anyone who backed this got conned. Worth a listen to even if you don't have anything invested in the project.

Completely unsurprising news.

(Some of) these people have been waffling on about this Saber Rider game since the Game Boy Advance era and nothing they've ever shown or talked about has ever suggested they'd be able to deliver in any capacity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never even had the license.

Holy crap, each episode is 5 hours plus. Could you share the time stamp? Nothing in the episode description makes clear where they discuss the Saber Rider thing

GG for it getting funded! I'll definitely look into picking this up.

Hopefully the game sells reasonably well and we can look into...

EDIT: Oh. Right. Gotta remember to check the OP date AND the last page of the thread. Nevermind.

Listening to this now.

Holy shit. This is brutal.

However, he seems to be very vindictive. I mean, I'm sure he has ample reason to be mad for being strung along in a failed KS campaign, but he's really putting down the idea behind the project itself in some kind of scorched earth tactic. I do appreciate his candor but I wish he would have been a little for forward with when exactly did he know the campaign was a fraud and when/why he decided to come forward and spill details now.

Shiggy

So it went from November 2016 to spring 2017 to Q2 2017, and now Q3 2017. What a surprise.

Not surprising either. Whoever backed this doesn't deserve otherwise.

TheMoon

They also inquired about updated backer details (shipping addresses, etc).

At this point, I'm mostly looking forward to the soundtrack CD lol

flozuki

That demo looks pretty ok so far (love the music!). Are there any new infos on which systems they will release the game?

TheMoon

Is the demo that bad? lol

Haven't played it. I never touch backer demos. (or "baker demos" as Chris likes to say because what is English)

Does the 3DS version still exist?

Yes.

That demo looks pretty ok so far (love the music!). Are there any new infos on which systems they will release the game?

3DS (and PC) are the only modern systems this is releasing on, afaik. For some wacko reason they went in hard on Dreamcast and TG16(?) versions.

Lokimaru

Funny how people bitched about whitewashing in GitS when this show is the very definition of the term. The Japanese dude in Red was the main character in the anime not the blond dude they renamed Saber Rider (Talk about phrasing).

TheMoon

Funny how people bitched about whitewashing in GitS when this show is the very definition of the term. The Japanese dude in Red was the main character in the anime not the blond dude they renamed Saber Rider (Talk about phrasing).

I don't see how this falls under whitewashing when the whole show got retooled so much in all aspects for its international airings.

Top Bottom