• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch getting gritty horror reboot and it will be the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

This is the Sabrina I only recognize:
ibdbily69osKiy.jpg

same. came on every morning before school.

So is the Pet Sematary reference intentional or are the writers just hoping no one will notice?
Afterlife is the writer's conscious love letter to both the "wholesome" Archie characters and the "forbidden" horror movies of his childhood, such as The Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead and Pet Sematary. For Sabrina, Aguirre-Sacasa is revisiting different horror touchstones — Rosemary's Baby,The Exorcist,The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane and Suspiria.

Crocodile

I wasn't aware Afterlife with Archie was a thing. First interesting thing to come out of the Archie universe in what feels like forever but I admit I only follow it super casually. This Sabrina reboot seems pretty interesting too. I was a fan of the original show and its camp but I dunno if it would be something I'd want to return to so this darker take looks appealing.

They really should have left the dog dead though :p

I wasn't aware Afterlife with Archie was a thing. First interesting thing to come out of the Archie universe in what feels like forever but I admit I only follow it super casually. This Sabrina reboot seems pretty interesting too. I was a fan of the original show and its camp but I dunno if it would be something I'd want to return to so this darker take looks appealing.

They really should have left the dog dead though :p

When do they ever?

Who'd be the perfect cast?

I'd say Emma Stone or Amanda Seyfried. Too typecasted? I don't know.
Emma Stone would be an amazing Sabrina. She looks very similar, and has the perfect demeanor.

Edit: I should clarify, I mean for a film based on the horror take of the character.

Who'd be the perfect cast?

I'd say Emma Stone or Amanda Seyfried. Too typecasted? I don't know.

Emma was my first choice too, but for a TV show, she's too big. But someone similar to her? Who else is an Emma Stone type?

But for a film, especially a darker horror one, Emma would be my first perfect choice.
tumblr_llcw1nFdWe1qjx6n6o1_500.gif

Savitar

Afterlife with Archie was great stuff, minus the last issue which really didn't do anything.

May this be good as the first few issues of that.

Came across this article condensing a recent Archie panel:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53454

Couple things of note:

- The upcoming Sabrina movie is actually closer to Harry Potter in tone (meh).

- Josie and the Pussycats are up for a revival (HORROR REVIVAL?)

- The artwork for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is very dark.

- The rest of it is just other Archie stuff

May not be a bad thing. Harry Potter got dark towards the end and it's better they ease us into it. We'll be in full Lovecraft mode by the third movie. Believe It!

Yeah, this girl is absolutely Rose Lalonde. She's dealing with elder gods and everything. Won't be surprised if she goes grimdark by issue 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom