• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad that Nintendo isn't making Zelda for iOS?

Twinduct

EmCeeGramr said:
Jump Forrest Jump!
mzl.uyjofipp.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.igdnwtmo.320x480-75.jpg

What the fuckidy fuck is this?

GaussTek

EmCeeGramr said:
About time for Zelda *****
by Bluefire77
I love Zelda games. Of course this is just a simple jumper game. I love the Zelda art. With a few upgrades I could see this app really doing well. Maybe this will get nintendo's attention and start supporting apple with Mario and friends.

Okay which GAFfer is this

ROFL, I was going to ask the same.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This is just the same game copied over and over. New definition of "developper" laziness.

FoxSpirit

I always thought Apple was kind of a gatekeeper for the Apps store? I mean, when people up something containing a copyrighted name, shouldn't Apple do a quick check if they have the rights?

farnham

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
I always thought Apple was kind of a gatekeeper for the Apps store? I mean, when people up something containing a copyrighted name, shouldn't Apple do a quick check if they have the rights?
But that would require an actual team that checks the apps that are published that costs money

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't see the problem with this game.

Looks like iOS has both Zelda AND Angry Birds. Score!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
farnham said:
This is even better
The best thing about Zanda is that it's made by Top Best Adult Entertainment.

Zanda is Zelda for adults confirmed.

beril said:
How the hell does this shit go through Apples reviews? What kind people do they have working there that doesn't immediately recognise these as copyright infringement? And even if you haven't heard of Zelda, CoD or 007, shouldn't it be on their checklist to do a quick google search to catch the most obvious copyright infringements?
how are they supposed to know when something is licensed or not? they aren't copyright cops. if there is something infringing, they get sent a DMCA notice and they comply.

Jocchan said:
The best thing about Zanda is that it's made by Top Best Adult Entertainment.

Zanda is Zelda for adults confirmed.
Shh... You're writing IGN's next article.

'Is Zanda a Zelda for Adults?'

"What Skyward Sword could learn from iZelda"

Agent X

FoxSpirit said:

That's what I was wondering. If Apple has any kind of "approval" process, where games that get submitted are subsequently "approved" for sale, then can't Apple be held accountable for such flagrant copyright/trademark infringements? Sure, these developers can be sued out of existence, but something is wrong if Apple can be absolved of any responsibility and get off scot-free.

If Walmart was caught selling cheap knockoff "Barbi" dolls and "Hot Wheelies" cars, there would be serious repercussions--not just for the manufacturer of the clones, but for the retailer as well. They cannot claim ignorance, as the brands being imitated are well known. The same deal applies here--while a few references might be obscure, there are several that are famous, established brands, and Apple should know better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Faceless Master said:
how are they supposed to know when something is licensed or not? they aren't copyright cops. if there is something infringing, they get sent a DMCA notice and they comply.

It doesn't quite work like that because Apple approves each and every game. I got into a long ass argument about this a year or two ago, so I won't get into it again, but basically the DMCA isn't really an out for Apple because they individually approve every release. Contrast that to ebay or Amazon, which do not police the items users sell at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I need to stop reading this thread in the library. I'm about to break out into giggles. Funniest thing I've seen all week (so far).

I'll have laughing smiley do it for me.
KuGsj.gif

wsippel

Banned
Agent X said:
That's what I was wondering. If Apple has any kind of "approval" process, where games that get submitted are subsequently "approved" for sale, then can't Apple be held accountable for such flagrant copyright/trademark infringements? Sure, these developers can be sued out of existence, but something is wrong if Apple can be absolved of any responsibility and get off scot-free.

If Walmart was caught selling cheap knockoff "Barbi" dolls and "Hot Wheelies" cars, there would be serious repercussions--not just for the manufacturer of the clones, but for the retailer as well. They cannot claim ignorance, as the brands being imitated are well known. The same deal applies here--while a few references might be obscure, there are several that are famous, established brands, and Apple should know better.
Those repercussions will most likely hit Apple as well - sooner or later. Once enough IP holders are sufficently pissed off and threaten to sue them out of existence. Then they have the choice to either open the store up to everyone without any approval process at all, which will end badly, or do a real, thorough approval process, which won't work either since most of the shit on App Store will never make that money back.

Thoraxes

I'm going to write a review about Nintendo's first third-party outing being successful. (even though holy shit that guy is a troll).

I can't stop laughing at his other games. I almost can't breathe.
Someone help me.

Cipherr

EmCeeGramr said:
Snooki Fly
mzl.edtwbsdr.320x480-75.jpg

....i think that might be all of it, barring some smurfs/shark tales/halo trivia games and a couple HD iPad versions of these hits

Im fucking crying. Snooki? Are you kidding me? Good lord.

commish said:
It doesn't quite work like that because Apple approves each and every game. I got into a long ass argument about this a year or two ago, so I won't get into it again, but basically the DMCA isn't really an out for Apple because they individually approve every release. Contrast that to ebay or Amazon, which do not police the items users sell at all.

There has been zero action that should lead anyone to believe Apple cares much about gaming, and its not just the games that have these issues anyway. That this stuff makes it through their approval is not a shock.

Tobor

Cipherr said:
Im fucking crying. Snooki? Are you kidding me? Good lord.

There has been zero action that should lead anyone to believe Apple cares much about gaming, and its not just the games that have these issues anyway. That this stuff makes it through their approval is not a shock.
Except set up an online gaming platform with leaderboards, achievements, game recommendations, matchmaking, asynchronous turned based gaming support, and cloud saves that sync across devices. You know, stuff Nintendo still can't figure out.

Tobor said:
Except set up an online gaming platform with leaderboards, achievements, game recommendations, matchmaking, asynchronous turned based gaming support, and cloud saves that sync across devices. You know, stuff Nintendo still can't figure out.

Now i'm sad

farnham said:
Its on a platform IGN likes and it has no 100 mins of cutscenes
Actually IGN was wanting a heavy story. Not that I'd define 100 minutes as a heavy story especially since we don't know if they're counting all the stupid tedious ones like boss intros, area intros, etc.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
You know what? I'm really beginning to think that Apple is outsourcing the approval process to an entity that doesn't care about copyright.

wsippel

Banned
olubode said:
You know what? I'm really beginning to think that Apple is outsourcing the approval process to an entity that doesn't care about copyright.
Even if it isn't outsourced, it's probably done by some underpaid and overburdened guys in India or China.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't get it: isn't any app for iOS must first be approved by Apple?

Then how can they approve an app like this that clearly infringe the copyright of another company such as Nintendo...?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Mista Koo said:
Ok this is hilarious. A gaffer just told me this was originally an open source game called Tweejump:

http://iplayful.com/tweejump/

So they probably didn't write a line of code either. SMH.
Hahahaha this is awesome. It's clearly the same game (see the clouds, platforms and fonts).

Top Bottom