• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa 2015 (working title) announced for PS Vita

Mmm... I thought that after Chaos Rings bomba and the F2P delays they would drop their (not so big) Vita support.

Didn't Chaos Rings bomb on iOS/Android too?

OT: I was not expecting this. And I'm not expecting it to be localized, so I won't get too excited about it (much like I can't get too excited about Legend of Legacy due to FuRyu's track record), but still, this is pleasing to hear.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Chaos Rings bomb on iOS/Android too?

OT: I was not expecting this. And I'm not expecting it to be localized, so I won't get too excited about it (much like I can't get too excited about Legend of Legacy due to FuRyu's track record), but still, this is pleasing to hear.

Chaos Rings probably did well enough on mobile. Otherwise they wouldn't have made 4 games.

Verilligo

Straight into my goddamn veins, Squeenix. I NEED my Kawazu fix. On the other hand, I depressingly wonder if they will ever give us another SaGa in the style of Frontier 1. By which I mean mixing the ultra modern and futuristic with the fantastical, not the melding of gamebreaking bugs with poorly-mended glitches and 60% complete gameplay.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking about the third game. I was under the impression that it had underperformed on pretty much every platform.

I see. There were only sales figure for the Vita release. Not sure how it did on mobile.

I remember playing some of the PSX games. They sucked. I liked them though. In one there was like 10 characters to choose from. I think the character I got the furthest with was the Robot(?)?

That game was bizarre.

Then there was another game that was like a war story or something that wasn't as wacky in terms of characters, it was about a brother and sister maybe? That was also near impossible to wrap my brain around. I just died over and over.

Both games just seemed to become brutally hard out of nowhere. One thing I did like about the games though is how you learn special moves and end up doing crazy shit.

I wonder if this will be as obtuse as those.

RangerBAD

The SaGa (Final Fantasy Legend) games were more traditional in their party system than the Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier games.

levitan

I remember playing some of the PSX games. They sucked. I liked them though. In one there was like 10 characters to choose from. I think the character I got the furthest with was the Robot(?)?

That game was bizarre.

Then there was another game that was like a war story or something that wasn't as wacky in terms of characters, it was about a brother and sister maybe? That was also near impossible to wrap my brain around. I just died over and over.

Both games just seemed to become brutally hard out of nowhere. One thing I did like about the games though is how you learn special moves and end up doing crazy shit.

I think that one is Frontier 2 then. SaGa games are always brutally hard out of no where. The worst being the first Romancing SaGa. It's real bad.

Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Frontier II were probably the best games in the series.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How many SaGa games got localized aside from the Gameboy games and Unlimited SaGa?

Einhander

Bringing SaGa 2015 to Vita is ballsy. It'd probably sell more on 3DS, but it would look better on Vita, so I'm thankful for their decision to go with Vita.

As for the game itself, it would be nice to do a watercolor or celshaded art style.

I see. There were only sales figure for the Vita release. Not sure how it did on mobile.

Not a scientific metric at all, but here's the number of reviews on the japanese iTunes:

• Chaos Rings1: 2508
  • Chaos Rings 2: 1908
  • Chaos Rings Omega: 2805
  • Chaos Rings 3: 292

Doesn't really sound that good, especially since the game seems to have a higher budget that its predecessors.

krizzx

They had me until Vita. I've been a Saga fan for a long time but that is just a waste of an I.P. if you ask me.

The SaGa (Final Fantasy Legend) games were more traditional in their party system than the Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier games.

That name is blasphemy born of bad American marketing methodologies like the faux Tales of Destiny 2 we have over here or Final Fantasy Adventure(the first Seiken Densetsu) . Let it die.

That game was bizarre.

I hope so. Their idiosyncrasies are what make the charm of the Saga games.

Approaching the franchise as if it was another regular JRPG series is an error. The only valid comparison to what Kawazu usually do are tabletop narrativist indies RPG, making up the rules, the characters and the story as we go.

If Square hasn't localized the dozens of 3DS Dragon Quest games I find it really hard to believe they'll localize a Vita game.

That's not to say Sony won't step in and pay them off or localize it themselves like Nintendo did with Bravely Default.

Lagunamov

If Square hasn't localized the dozens of 3DS Dragon Quest games I find it really hard to believe they'll localize a Vita game.

That's not to say Sony won't step in and pay them off or localize it themselves like Nintendo did with Bravely Default.
Well, we have that Sony's third party company now. So, we can have some hope!

krizzx

No way the last remnant is awesome

You can't equip your teammates. They have to randomly decide they want a weapon form your inventory, and you can't pick who gets what or what they get.

What abilities you can do in battle at any given time is completely randomly selected.

The game has slowdown and texture pop-in out of this world.

Then there is the manner of game progress, the reused locations, the enemy level scaling, and the plot...

That game defecated on the Saga series.

It's Front Mission's 20th anniversary next year. Wonder if SE will do anything for it like a new title.
Super unlikely though :(
I would love to see a new, proper Front Mission.

Kasper

That's extremely surprising. The last platform I was expecting a new SaGa title to get released on would be Vita. I doubt we'll see it localized, but one can hope.

mrjohill

You can't equip your teammates. They have to randomly decide they want a weapon form your inventory, and you can't pick who gets what or what they get.

What abilities you can do in battle at any given time is completely randomly selected.

The game has slowdown and texture pop-in out of this world.

Then there is the game progress, the reused locations, or the plot...

That game defecated on the Saga series.

But I liked it ^_^

Top Bottom