• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

pahamrick

Man. I was all set to grab this week 1 if PC performance comments were very positive (and they are, fuck!) but thanks to a family emergency I can't drop the funds on any games for quite some time.

Guess I'll be watching some streams and playing vicariously through some GAFfers.

Tizoc

Getting it but adding this to my backlog, as I still have SR3 to beat first =(
I think i'll start SR3 within the next few weeks though...

Most Steam games release for £29.99 before discount in the UK, why is the RRP for Saints Row 4 £36.99 after discount on Steam?

Anyone know if anywhere is selling the PC version cheaper?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So this game has official, PROPER mod support or is it like Saint's Row 2 where it's super ghetto bootleg text edits?

Ploid 3.0

Oh god, is this a thing we can do? :O

Hopefully, if there's no friendly fire option mods will make it possible. It would make for a interesting gameplay type, though with all of the Crowd Control area of effect powers (I hope that's understandable for non mmorpg players) it would be annoying if co op partners could be hit by them in normal co op play.

SR3 Cherished Moment #4 had a taste of player vs player stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wZOwFrS8UiE&t=8

So yes it should be possible with friendly fire on.

I'm in a real bitchy mood with this game, due to it's hiked up price on PC and no retail option.
I'll get it in time but really, leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Great OP though!

Jac_Solar

Talk about milking. They haven't even bothered to make a new map for the city. This should have been a DLC, or an expansion pack at best.

Calmine

Great OP. Can't wait for this. Since my PC has died going for PS3 version. I had some fun with Character creator demo. Love the fact that Nolan North's voice is just his name lol

Shame no Zombie voice though.

Huh I noticed the bokeh effect in the gif of the head enlarger gun thingy....looks nice.

Awesome OP. I plan to pick this up sometime soon.

Just beating 100% again Saints Row The Third (and beating the DLC for the first time) to be ready to have a blast with IV. The Third was one of the surpirses of the generation for me and this seems even more crazy and expanding things that I love form the third (that ipod implementation to run also with the music intead of only vehicles! DAMN,I loved like in the third you could leave the radio on of your car if you pressed Y two times so you could hear your favourite song while in the area, the ipod thing is just putting this one step further). Cant wait for the song game moments, cant wait for the radio music, cant wait for the super powers and cant wait to be the president of the USA! (and Im european lol)

Still im sad I can't get any special edition for PC in my country and more importantly, that Oleg and Viola have dissapeared of the map. I suppose Viola is becuase of Sasha Grey but what about Oleg :(
I love the character portraits and I hope the characters are also dressed like that in the game (or you can dress them like that). And lol at Cliff B portrait and his salty response.

I think this really need to be as an image:
PMJAzuV.jpg

Talk about milking. They haven't even bothered to make a new map for the city. This should have been a DLC, or an expansion pack at best.

Theres 5 different maps in the game, one is Steelport, the others are Washington, The Middle East and Space. One of the other zones hasnt yet been revealed, could be Stilwater.
So, what the fuck are you talking about, you think that Volition has been 3 years scratching their nutsack?

Slightly sucky that we have to wait till Friday here in Europe, but ah well. W101 is out the same day as well. Urgh... Decisions.
Going to get both the same day without a doubt! Glorious day to be a gamer.

Karak

lol just* a GTAV appetizer? From fun to serious business? Yeah...

Amongst the 'normal folks' GTA is and probably will always be the big dog and anything like Saints will be considered nothing more than a ripoff/clone. Sad but...well there it is.

Strap it on.

Strap it fucking on.

Can't wait.

I was initially a little lukewarmish on this game due to the super powers. Now I don't give a fuck. I want it all inside me now.

Give me a preload Steam.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Finally got around to playing Saints Row 3. I know I know a long time but I never got the time to play it.

Well brand new game and it wont play on my X360 slim. Pops up with some disc read error and it wont install to the HDD.

Has it been known to be a common problem? I really want to get the game completed before next week.

Mikeside

Strap it on.

Strap it fucking on.

Can't wait.

I was initially a little lukewarmish on this game due to the super powers. Now I don't give a fuck. I want it all inside me now.

Give me a preload Steam.

I was a bit lukewarm on IV until I booted up 3 again and played around for a bit.

Yeah, now I'm fucking excited again.

I never liked Oleg. He was a big russian dude thats only redeeming feature was that he was a big russian dude. Im equally happy Angel is gone. Flipping useless character. Zimos could of had more mileage though.

S1kkZ

i hope the console versions run better this time around but with all the superpowers...
sr3 ran like dogshit on 360.

This reminds me of Crackdown and that's a fantastic thing. I will probably pick it up on PC at some point as my schedule just won't allow for a lot of gaming right now.

Has anything been said about next gen releases (XB1/PS4)? Not port begging, just haven't followed and not sure if they mentioned anything.

That ABC news article was written by someone who obviously doesn't get the game at all. "Junk food" to tide you over until GTA5? Wow.

Top Bottom