• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai got caught sneaking into PlatinumGames' studio

bon

I want all of you to close your eyes and envision a Sakurai x Kamiya game.

Holy Shit.

OlNVe.gif

Bayonetta in Smash Bros despite having no prior connection to Nintendo whatsoever.

WiiU port shown at E3 2012 followed by a reveal of a WiiU exclusive sequel. They come together as a pack actually.

Trailer shown before Smash u's trailer. Shockingest newcomer to top off the megatons!!!

I read the thread title and though this was going to be about Sakurai getting caught sneaking into PlatinumGames... by PlatinumGames. Like Kamiya caught him hiding in a broom closet and kicked him out.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Falcon action game by Sakurai and Platinumgames. Game of forever.

Yka

I was typing about this in the other thread when this topic was created:

Miyaomoto was asked about Star Fox two years ago:

MCVUK said:
When GamesTM told Miyamoto that they’d love to see a new Starfox game for Wii, he replied: “Me too.”

He also previously said to Japanese games magazine Famitsu that the Wiimote could be used to control the Arwing in Starfox.

Link to source

Hideki Kamiya tweeted soon after that about a new Star Fox game (@PG_kamiya):

Hideki Kamiya said:
”If they had the team that made Star Fox 64 make it...”

and

"I want Nintendo's staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us 'You guys make a new Star Fox.'"

Link to source

Link to source

Platinum Games is busy with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Anarchy Reigns (both 2012 releases) but we don't know what Kamiya is working on. His latest game Bayonetta was released over two and half years ago. Maybe he is designing/directing Wii U Star Fox in collaboration with Dylan Cuthbert's Q-Games (Star Fox Command and Star Fox 64 3D).

Star Fox (Platinum Games/Q-Games, 2012/Launch) and The Legend of Zelda (Retro Studios/EAD, 2013)!

Read the whole post (Zelda speculation/E3 2012 predictions)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Loving all these rumors. Can't wait for E3. Haven't been this hyped about Nintendo since Mario Galaxy 1.

Top Bottom