• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SALES-AGE: Why Wii will be getting Japanese exclusives (but not Western!)

ksamedi

virtuafightermaster said:
I would believe if a game is exclusive for Wii it would be some kind of spinoff game like Soul Calibur Legend, or complete new game designed for Wii. If you expecting RE6, MGS5, NG3, not going to happen.

Thats the whole point, if its a big game it will take atleast 3 years to develop. You can do the math yourself. The reason we see spinoffs is that publishers can make them quickly and take a piece of the Wii pie. The downside is that these crappy spinoff games can never make a huge profit for a company. People usually know when something is crap. Big games will come eventually.

Out of those games, I don't think any can be called big name games other than GH3 or maybe No More Heroes.

If you have Both Wii or PS360, did you buy GH3 on Wii instead of PS360?
I never stated those are big name games, merely games that have found success on the Wii. You'd know that if you actually followed the discussion instead of blindly jumping in.

I would believe if a game is exclusive for Wii it would be some kind of spinoff game like Soul Calibur Legend, or complete new game designed for Wii. If you expecting RE6, MGS5, NG3, not going to happen.
Learn to read please.

Innotech

Banned
ChryZ said:
Yeah, but that's what I asked for.

Shouldn't any of those 3rd party titles do better on a platform with a 20M user base?
I suppose if they were the exclusive main sequels to major franchises theyd be expected to. but I dont see those types of titles being put on the wii either. If the Wii had MGS4, FF13, DOA4, etc on it Those titles would sell as well as any in the series. Because gamers look forward to those sequels and already know what they are about.

Quotes:

-Yes, in Japan the Wii is selling faster than the PS2 at its point in the lifecycle

-The Wii should be getting Japanese exclusives (ones important to the hardcore Japanese public anyway)

-I think the PS3 will definitely be making slight gains in the next 12 months but it will never overcome the deficit that earned in its first year

-A large reason why the Wii hasn't gotten as many exclusives yet is that the PS2 is still a strong viable platform over there, we're still seeing a lot of games announced for the platform

All observed crows are black.
Therefore:
All crows are black.

People use inductive reasoning in order to predict outcomes (sports,stock markets…) therefore their expectations will be disappointed by the lack of understanding of the situation.

05 Annual Report

Nintendo Co. Ltd

Message from the President

In today´s world people are busy and the time or energy required to play games are seen as a burden.This is why more people are now saying “video games are not for me ”.Our new proposal lowers the barrier of entry for many first time players,regardless of age,gender or culture.Nintendo will expand the videogame market.A new type of machine,which exemplifies our strategy, will be introduced in 2006 when Nintendo´s new game console,code-named Revolution is released.At the time we hope to illustrate to every member of the household that video games can be applicable to them.

Nintendo is not cannibalizing sales of the PS2 or PS3 .Nintendo is expanding the market.Their proposal lowers the barrier of entry for people scared about wasting their precious time while dealing with complex video games. Therefore Wii users are first time players (and Nintendo loyalists).First time players don´t care about hardcore/big franchises and publishers are aware of this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
borghe said:
no offense, but a land of generic and pedestrian jrpgs ain't much better than a land of no rpgs. a little, I'll spot you that, but not much. It's akin to telling me I can only paint with white, or I can paint with both white and off-white.

I don't agree with this on any level-- that the 360 RPGs are pedestrian or generic (!)-- well, maybe Blue Dragon-- or that the described situation is only marginally better than no RPGs!

Durante

borghe said:
no offense, but a land of generic and pedestrian jrpgs ain't much better than a land of no rpgs. a little, I'll spot you that, but not much. It's akin to telling me I can only paint with white, or I can paint with both white and off-white.
Neither Lost Odyssey nor Eternal Sonata are pedestrian or generic. And Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant don't look like they'll be either.

(FWIW I'm also slightly puzzled by the amount of quality JRPG releases and announcements for 360, but that's no reason to belittle them)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Parmenides said:
First time players don´t care about hardcore/big franchises and publishers are aware of this.
game set and match. A LOT of people don't understand this. Zack and Wiki for example, while it didn't see monstrous sales, I can attest to from my local gstop DID actually sell to non-core gamers. Trauma Center sold huge at launch (and decent for New Blood) to non-core gamers.

Then again agreeing that Wii doesn't need these big names to succeed is like agreeing the sky is blue. It's doing it now as we speak. My only 3rd party complaint is that there are very few core gamer games ever coming to the Wii. As my favorite system, this disappoints me. I like the controls. I like the aesthetics. I want my FFXIII on my PS3, but I would like to see something similar in scope but using new mechanics or new interactivity on the Wii. I like the party games, I like the brain games, I like the sports games... It's just disappointing to see the vast vast vast majority of titles on the system to fall into those genres and completely ignore the other core gamer genres.

expansion users coming into gaming through the Wii don't care about GTAIV and FF... but they still might like playing them. growing the market doesn't necessarily have to mean segmenting or fracturing it as well.

y2kev and durante - as a 360 owner since 1/06 and a jrpg gamer since Phantasy Star on the master system christmas of 1989, I have to disagree. Eternal Sonata is not generic, but it isn't a great effort either. Lost Odyssey on the other hand is incredibly generic for a jrpg. Any more generic and I would have to break out the paint-by-numbers euphemism. Is it fun to play? Sure... but I promise you there won't be much of an impression left months down the line from now.

gtj1092

BishopLamont said:
Yes all 20 million Wii owners should just defy logic, taste and sense and go buy every single third party title. :lol

Seriously why do people expect third party titles to sell more then they do just because it's on the Wii.

Because isnt that wii owners arguement that you should get the games since you have the biggest userbase. So if 3rd parties cant expect their games to sell more then why would they switch to Wii development.

We keep hearing the only reason certain games are on Ps360 is because they started development long ago. But what is crazy that every week I see a new thread about a game announced for Ps360/Pc but not as many for Wii. When is this shift going to happen?

Banned
borghe said:
The bottom line is that Nintendo essentially did two things:

1. Made one of the most innovative console moves since the creation of home video game consoles

2. Made a console almost exclusively for where THEY wanted to go and not where the industry wanted to go.

I love the Wii. For me personally it is my favorite out of all three consoles. But in this day and age in the industry, and it is safe to say this after almost 1.5 years, the industry doesn't want to be forced to change. They want GTAIV to largely be like GTAIII. They want Halo3 to largely be like Halo2. And they want Rockin' High Profile Shooter Title to be like Halo3 as well. This is what sells, this is what makes money. The DS succeeded in its quirkiness because at the end of it it was still the only viable handheld (before PSP started to take hold finally). With Wii, the PS3 and 360 are still viable.

I never understood the logic. It's cheaper to develop for the Wii. In the next few months it will have the largest userbase in every territory. You would think it prints money. But the bottom line is that developers DO NOT WANT to try and figure it out. They don't want to take risks on what game mechanics will and won't work on it. They don't want to take risks on what genres will sell on it. They don't want to figure out ways to move assets down to it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the Wii was too much at one time. It was essentially like going from the Atari joystick to the modern day controller for most developers. They were used to one stick and a button, and Nintendo gave them two analog sticks, a dpad, 6 face buttons, 4 should buttons and rumble. Everyone thought the developers would be like "Thank you nintendo! Finally someone gave us the tools we need!" Instead developers said "Umm.... fuck that. It's cool, but we're really not going to try and figure out what to do with that."

And why? Because companies like EA, Activision, Take-Two, and Square have built their vast fortunes on releasing new versions of game engines with very little changing in the way of user interaction and play mechanics.

The Wii will end the generation a success, probably the winner, and a great machine. I'm definitely not worried. But it won't be on the backs of Final Fantasy, Madden, GTA, or Tony Hawk. The Wii will succeed because of titles like Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center, No More Heroes, PES 2008, Nintendo published titles, WiiWare, VC, etc.

And that will really be the odd thing about this generation, and far away the most alienating to many hardcore gamers. That for the first time EVER in the industry, the lead console WON'T have the monstrous 3rd party titles on it. That Square and others WON'T be shifting primary support to the hardware leader. This really has to be a scary time for them.... because in this situation it is ripe for a NEW Square, Enix, Take-Two, Activision, etc to rise up on Wii and become a major player the same way those companies did in the past. (I left out EA because they ALWAYS have their hands in everything. Who knows, it could be them?)

People have been right from the start. The Wii is 75% expansion of the industry, 25% serving the existing masses with the classics. If that expansions becomes larger than the hardcore base that currently drives the industry, we could be in for some seriously strange times.
This. All of it. 100% truth

hell we should put it on the front page.

Durante said:
Neither Lost Odyssey nor Eternal Sonata are pedestrian or generic. And Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant don't look like they'll be either.

(FWIW I'm also slightly puzzled by the amount of quality JRPG releases and announcements for 360, but that's no reason to belittle them)
What!? I know you have played Eternal Sonata. how could you say that. it's a shitty tales clone.

and LO is pedestrian. Just becuase it forced 20 year olds to read (OMG) does not make it amazing.

Linkup

Parmenides said:
Nintendo is not cannibalizing sales of the PS2 or PS3 .Nintendo is expanding the market.Their proposal lowers the barrier of entry for people scared about wasting their precious time while dealing with complex video games. Therefore Wii users are first time players (and Nintendo loyalists).First time players don´t care about hardcore/big franchises and publishers are aware of this.

Doesn't mean they won't start buying these big franchises. Even if 90% of RE4 Wii sales where first time players that just means you now have lots of new RE fans and it's best to make new games for them. That may be the case and it may be the reason for RE0 release in japan. This would actually support the reasoning that traditional game franchises will stay on 360/PS3 and others new/niche one would develop with the wii userbase. Anyway, just saying there is reason to put such franchises on the wii and there are reasons not to, no real definites outside a few genres.

If you where going to release in holiday 08 you would probably have your game at E3 08, things is that likely that game isn't a traditional franchises even if you give it a large budget etc.

maniac-kun said:
if only sega could do a sonic jumpn run in the quality of super mario galaxy and the awesomness of sonic 1 & 2... but that day will never come (but it would fit perfectly on the wii)

If Sega fixes the control issues in a Sonic SotR sequel then that day will come.

gtj1092 said:
Because isnt that wii owners arguement that you should get the games since you have the biggest userbase. So if 3rd parties cant expect their games to sell more then why would they switch to Wii development.

We keep hearing the only reason certain games are on Ps360 is because they started development long ago. But what is crazy that every week I see a new thread about a game announced for Ps360/Pc but not as many for Wii. When is this shift going to happen?

It is not going to happen, it is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo went the cheap cost route, it has more hardware sales but the limitation of the hardware really prevent developer to make top-notch title for it. If nintendo made Wii close in term of power compare to ps360, I wouldn't surprised to see DMC4 wii version.

You can argue that if Wii version can sell more because of bigger user base, but some developers will not develope their signiture games for wii because of its hardware limitation, specially when there are alternatives.

kswiston

BishopLamont said:
Guitar Hero 3 (Activision)
So? The argument is that third parties can't find success on the Wii, and that's false.

It is false, but there is something to be said about competing with Nintendo. A first class AAA title for the Wii might be cheaper than the equivalent 360 title, but it's still going to be expensive. And while it is possible for someone like Activision to release the must have 360 or PS3 game of the year/holiday season, no one is ever going to outshine Nintendo on a Nintendo system.

7 of the top 10 best selling PS1 games were third party. 8 of the top 10 best selling PS2 games were third party. With the Wii, third parties are going to be lucky to get 1 of the top 10 by the end of this generation regardless of how much money they pour into their Wii titles.

Look at the DS. Five or six entries into the top 20 top selling games of all time (excluding bundles), yet the highest selling third party title is what? One fifth of what GTA:San Andreas sold on the PS2?

I think there is plenty of room for third parties to post great sales on the Wii/DS, but at the same time, I think the presence of Nintendo caps the high end level of performance they can expect to achieve.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It is not going to happen, it is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo went the cheap cost route, it has more hardware sales but the limitation of the hardware really prevent developer to make top-notch title for it.
Because everyone needs bleeding-edge tech to create top-notch titles! Can't do it without it, no sirree!

Zer0

Banned
hokahey said:
Why sad? Makes sense.

if i forced to choose kH3 on playstation3 with next gen graphics or a wii version with the ps2 assets it makes sense to me

same on monster hunter

XiaNaphryz said:
Because everyone needs bleeding-edge tech to create top-notch titles! Can't do it without it, no sirree!

By Top-Notch games I mean big games with great gameplay and great graphics.

Look at game accouncement, almost all games announced for xbox 360 also announced for PS3, but what Wii gets? PS2 games, a lot wii games are announced with PS2.

Do you really expect a game like RE6, MGS5, NG3, COD5 be made on wii when there is PS360 avaliable.

LCGeek

formerly sane
It is not going to happen, it is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo went the cheap cost route, it has more hardware sales but the limitation of the hardware really prevent developer to make top-notch title for it. If nintendo made Wii close in term of power compare to ps360, I wouldn't surprised to see DMC4 wii version.

You can argue that if Wii version can sell more because of bigger user base, but some developers will not develope their signiture games for wii because of its hardware limitation, specially when there are alternatives.

Top Notch in your own way, whatever the fuck that means. Unless you just started gaming this gen don't see how your point works or is this just another one of those tech argument that are meaningless and devoid. Are you implying that games made for psp or ds can't be top notch because of technical limitations in comparison to consoles?

Nintendo wasn't going to enter a pissing contest again for a 3rd straight gen and get burned let the big boys with other industries offer you overpriced and hyped products that are nothing more than stripped down last gen pcs. Also if you think devs decide where they go they don't it's the pub and outside a few indy ones most basically are nothing more than dogs to the companies they serve.

Zer0

Banned
Redd said:

gimme a reason why a kingdom hearts 3 on wii will be a better game than a kingdom hearts on ps3/360? i understand some fanboys will cheer because the machine of his "affection" got the exclusive,but i dont give a shit about the console i want the better version and a mirad of third party games with poor wiimote implementation dont give me any hope on the "because it uses the wiimote will be a superior version" thats all

btw sorry for my english :)

Zer0

Banned
LCGeek said:
Nintendo wasn't going to enter a pissing contest again for a 3rd straight gen and get burned let the big boys with other industries offer you overpriced and hyped products that are nothing more than stripped down last gen pcs. .

so the wii is not overpriced or hyped ? here on europe the 360 premium sistem is almost at the same price of a wii.

Zer0

Banned
Barakov said:
I think he wants a next-gen version(ie. better graphics) of KH on PS3 rather than seeing the series go to the Wii.

yup,sorry about my english,btw its not just better graphics,more ambitious desings,maybe coop modes,good online implementation and better production values.

LCGeek said:
Top Notch in your own way, whatever the fuck that means. Unless you just started gaming this gen don't see how your point works or is this just another one of those tech argument that are meaningless and devoid. Are you implying that games made for psp or ds can't be top notch because of technical limitations in comparison to consoles?

Nintendo wasn't going to enter a pissing contest again for a 3rd straight gen and get burned let the big boys with other industries offer you overpriced and hyped products that are nothing more than stripped down last gen pcs. Also if you think devs decide where they go they don't it's the pub and outside a few indy ones most basically are nothing more than dogs to the companies they serve.

Yes in some way, I don't see how DS can handle God of War. Each system has its audiance or its own type of games. PSP has GTA games, which is probably not able to be port to DS due to hardware limitation.

DMC4, NG2, MGS4 is probably not be able to be ported to Wii without significant downgrade due to hardware limitation.

When a developers make a game, like DMC4, MGS4, There is certain expectation associated with those big name games, they want to make it good, not only the gameplay, but also the graphics. I am sure thats one of the reasons they don't pick Wii.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Zer0 said:
if i forced to choose kH3 on playstation3 with next gen graphics or a wii version with the ps2 assets it makes sense to me

same on monster hunter

Is it impossible to contemplate that a KH on Wii would look significantly better than a PS2 KH game?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
kswiston said:
It is false, but there is something to be said about competing with Nintendo. A first class AAA title for the Wii might be cheaper than the equivalent 360 title, but it's still going to be expensive. And while it is possible for someone like Activision to release the must have 360 or PS3 game of the year/holiday season, no one is ever going to outshine Nintendo on a Nintendo system.

7 of the top 10 best selling PS1 games were third party. 8 of the top 10 best selling PS2 games were third party. With the Wii, third parties are going to be lucky to get 1 of the top 10 by the end of this generation regardless of how much money they pour into their Wii titles.

Look at the DS. Five or six entries into the top 20 top selling games of all time (excluding bundles), yet the highest selling third party title is what? One fifth of what GTA:San Andreas sold on the PS2?

I think there is plenty of room for third parties to post great sales on the Wii/DS, but at the same time, I think the presence of Nintendo caps the high end level of performance they can expect to achieve.

This is the argument that prompted my ban-worthy mental explosion in that thread a couple weeks ago. Basically, you can't in one breath say "they're competing with Nintendo" on the Wii and in the next completely ignore that they're competing with each other on the other consoles.

One could make an argument about audiences, demographics, and whatnot, but using the top 10 on each and who published them is completely irrelevant. It is a tired and continually disproven argument.

Banned
Yes in some way, I don't see how DS can handle God of War. Each system has its audiance or its own type of games. PSP has GTA games, which is probably not able to be port to DS due to hardware limitation.

DMC4, NG2, MGS4 is probably not be able to be ported to Wii without significant downgrade due to hardware limitation.

When a developers make a game, like DMC4, MGS4, There is certain expectation associated with those big name games, they want to make it good, not only the gameplay, but also the graphics. I am sure thats one of the reasons they don't pick Wii.
How do ou explain Dragon Sword on the DS

ksamedi

borghe said:
game set and match. A LOT of people don't understand this. Zack and Wiki for example, while it didn't see monstrous sales, I can attest to from my local gstop DID actually sell to non-core gamers. Trauma Center sold huge at launch (and decent for New Blood) to non-core gamers.

Then again agreeing that Wii doesn't need these big names to succeed is like agreeing the sky is blue. It's doing it now as we speak. My only 3rd party complaint is that there are very few core gamer games ever coming to the Wii. As my favorite system, this disappoints me. I like the controls. I like the aesthetics. I want my FFXIII on my PS3, but I would like to see something similar in scope but using new mechanics or new interactivity on the Wii. I like the party games, I like the brain games, I like the sports games... It's just disappointing to see the vast vast vast majority of titles on the system to fall into those genres and completely ignore the other core gamer genres.

expansion users coming into gaming through the Wii don't care about GTAIV and FF... but they still might like playing them. growing the market doesn't necessarily have to mean segmenting or fracturing it as well.

y2kev and durante - as a 360 owner since 1/06 and a jrpg gamer since Phantasy Star on the master system christmas of 1989, I have to disagree. Eternal Sonata is not generic, but it isn't a great effort either. Lost Odyssey on the other hand is incredibly generic for a jrpg. Any more generic and I would have to break out the paint-by-numbers euphemism. Is it fun to play? Sure... but I promise you there won't be much of an impression left months down the line from now.

I'm repeating my self maybe but you will have to wait for those core Wii games. Those take years to make. Who would expect a new Wii Zelda one year after TP for example? Would you expect it this year? I'm sure your not expecting a new Zelda before 2009 atleast. Thats the way it goes with all big games. Its really simple logic actually, only sometimes it gets forgotten because 3 years is such a long time. But still it takes time to make such big games and the reasong why you see only Nintendo making these is because they are the ones who supported the Wii right from the beginning. All the other developers devoted there resources to PS3 or 360. Now that the Wii is a succes, they have to move resources to Wii and develop a huge game, which takes a lot of time.

PataHikari said:
You mean like Mario Galaxy?

Yes, but thats a first party game. If lets say capcom want to make RE6, between Wii and PS360, why would they pick Wii.

Plus, If mario galaxy is made on PS360, wouldn't it look much better.

Don't you ever secretly wish that Wii can do HD?

Zer0

Banned
vanguardian1 said:
Is it impossible to contemplate that a KH on Wii would look significantly better than a PS2 KH game?

looking at the present.i doubt it

really,dont get me wrong,i like the concept of the wii but his criminaly underdeveloped by third parties,i dont want to see know franchises with wii controls,i want to see games made just for the wii from the scratch and impossible to do on other consoles

Yes, but thats a first party game. If lets say capcom want to make RE6, between Wii and PS360, why would they pick Wii.

The gameplay as the RE series has been established works much better on the Wii then PS3/360, as the RE4 port shows.

Not really no. HD is a buzzword. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game or the skill of the art direction.

gtj1092

vanguardian1 said:

Slightly better, but if Im buying a new system to play the game I want significantly better. But really if the mechanics are going to be equal why wouldnt you want the game to be on Ps360, aside from any hardware allegiances you might have?

vanguardian1 said:
Yes, unless you have some wildly different idea of what "significant" means than most people.

Redd

Barakov said:
I think he wants a next-gen version(ie. better graphics) of KH on PS3 rather than seeing the series go to the Wii.

Ahh I get it now. Well doesn't really matter to me I'll buy KH3 no matter where it goes. I even bought the crappy Chain of Memories(the cutscenes were nice though) just so I would know what was going on in KH 2.

PataHikari said:
The gameplay as the RE series has been established works much better on the Wii then PS3/360, as the RE4 port shows.

Not really no. HD is a buzzword. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game or the skill of the art direction.

I think a lot people would disagree, specially for people who are playing Wii on a HD TV, and have a PS360 as comparison.

If graphic really doesn't matter, they why not just stay with SNES, or PS1. Why there are new PC graphic card constantly, because there is the market. People care about graphics, developers care about graphics.

Threi

notag
What seems to happen often is that games that people are really hyped for, especially on gaming forums, they tend to act like it's already released on the system, while new efforts are always "a ways off". The Wii's library of "core" games is better than what people give it credit for, it just doesn't have the extra stuffing that third parties offer. Announcements of new IP's have been largely sparse across all systems, and the ones that are aren't exactly acknowledged.

Most games people are hyped for have been announced a long time ago, and still have yet to be released. They subsequently re-use them over and over in the same arguments for third party support ("oh yeah the Wii isn't getting FF13 or DMC4 so major support my ass"), as if companies could put shove em on the leading system that easily if they wanted. The increased support for the Wii has been there since the start of this year, but it has been mostly unknown projects. You don't recognize the title, so you just say "eh it's just more shovelware" but continue to wait for the major support which is games that got announced a while ago that still aren't out yet.

It is the way things always work. Lets forget 3rd parties for a moment and talk all game support. If every publisher were to announce (Especially Nintendo) that they were developing sequels to all of the hit Gamecube games this very instant the perception of game support would change. People would say "oh yeah Nintendo is supporting the core audience now" although none of the games announced would come this year or next for that matter. But think about that. Why would any developer intentionally give the Wii less support than the Gamecube? That seems to be the perception right now doesn't it?

Sometimes it's best just to use some patience and realize that this generation is FAR from over for all 3 consoles. What does busting your brain trying to figure out how the market goes benefit you? Talking about Wii support, PS3 sales, and 360 demographics isn't always necessary, and doesn't always need to be discussed.

You have no power over the industry, so just leave it be.

Redd

gtj1092 said:
Slightly better, but if Im buying a new system to play the game I want significantly better. But really if the mechanics are going to be equal why wouldnt you want the game to be on Ps360, aside from any hardware allegiances you might have?

Well for me I love HD games it's just HD isn't a make or break for me when I pick and choose games. Would it be nice sure, will I swear off a series because it's not on the platform that I want no.

gtj1092

Question for Wii owner/advocate? Did you not play gamecube games because they were just N64 games with better graphics? Serious question.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
By Top-Notch games I mean big games with great gameplay and great graphics.

:\

ani-daian-laughs.gif

Redd

gtj1092 said:
Question for Wii owner/advocate? Did you not play gamecube games because they were just N64 games with better graphics? Serious question?

I played gamecube games like Smash and Windwaker because they were the next installments in the franchise I like. I bought a PS3 because the next installment of games that I love FF and Metal Gear are going to be on that platform instead of the 360. The graphics are a bonus mostly.

edit: wasnt interested in the psp until I saw portable ops. I tend to buy platforms where my favorite series tend to go. There must be something wrong with me.:D

Threi

notag
gtj1092 said:
Question for Wii owner/advocate? Did you not play gamecube games because they were just N64 games with better graphics? Serious question.
My system of choice last gen was a PC.

next question.

What does japanese support even mean any more. As an old japanophile its really weird to see how few games in my current collection that comes from japan. I dont even know if i care that much.

and with that said. I really havent seen any thing that sugest the wii will get any form of decent software support regardless of continent. Besides nintendo its really handheld quality across the board.

Just some statistics:
From IGN: reviewed games to date

xbox 360 9.0+ games about 20

Wii 9.0+ games about 6. and almost all of them are from Nintendo.

PS3 9.0+ games about 12. PS3 is released about same time as Wii too.

Same trend for games rated 8.0+.

Why do Wii owner keep saying graphic doesn't matter? When it sure does.

Top Bottom