• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Beaten.
rO1Kx5G.png
This is massive. Completely buries Trump/GOP distraction from the testimony and puts Trump under fire.

Boylamite

Let's find out what made Nunes self immolate before the house hearing!

Also, Obama should have asked Trump to NOT resign and to definitely NOT give all his money away to charities. Then Trump would have shown him!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
the interesting thing for me today will br how much she CAN'T say, because that will be stuff that the FBI is investigation. So even a "can't comment" nothingburger will be interesting in itself.

Negative space, people.

the interesting thing for me today will br how much she CAN'T say, because that will be stuff that the FBI is investigation. So even a "can't comment" nothingburger will be interesting in itself.

Negative space, people.
I think she's itching to blow the floodgates open. There is definite something that got Nunes spooked, which led to his implosion last month.

Negative space, people.

This is a great point to make.

He tweets from that account from time to time.

Though up until now the @POTUS account (or at least the team behind it) managed to keep at least a veneer of being an official presidential account for Trump. In contrast to the @RealDonaldTrump dumping ground of 3:00 AM rants and accusations, @POTUS mostly been announcements and bland pleasantries.

It just seems so unprofessional to tweet that from POTUS account.

Not merely unprofessional, but it seems like intimidation to not just tweet that from his personal account but from the official presidential one.

He must know some of what she is going to say. I think this will be an explosive day.

Will it though? It's been over 100 days and what I've learned is that even if she had the peepee tape the Republicans would probably just start selling the idea that that practice is very Christian and is totally copacetic.

AndyD

aka andydumi
szrB6s6.png

Is this even legal? or did he just fucked up and used POTUS account to tweet this?

I don't know about legal, but it's the kind of thing that clearly shows bias and would be used by a judge should an issue come up later. Sort of the way the administration's public statements were used against it when the courts placed stays on the immigration executive orders.

People don't really think anything will really come of this right? We're all just joking around? Just want to make sure because I'm not expecting anything.

Beartruck

Correct. The general public is not privy to the details that have or have not been determined by the FBI. And, as I've said before, they generally don't make a move for high profile cases unless the case they've built is rock solid.

These things take time, and I'm happy that we're at least getting some info. It's not going away, no matter how much air time it does or doesn't get.

Exactly. Watergate took 2 years of investigation for everything to go down. If we get to midterms and nobody's been dragged away in cuffs then its time to start worrying.

RPGCrazied

Wow, he used the @POTUS to tweet that? I thought it was from his personal account. Just no words. Using that account to badger a witness is highly disturbing.

Top Bottom