• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

RPGCrazied

Scott Dworkin‏Verified account
@funder

Hill Sources: White House contacted multiple GOP Senators TODAY asking them to cancel Yates hearing

Could today be the day the hammer finally drops?

tumblr_nizkxyhZOD1qarziro1_400.gif

Never go full Nixon. That's a Nixon move.

Seriously. They fucked up the cover up by not even trying to cover up in the beginning and just doing their shady business in the open. I'm sure Trump was used to getting away with everything no matter how corrupt, but now that it's coming back to actually bite him in the ass the WH is finally going full cover up and trying to silence everything and blame Flynn on Obama.

Her testimony is expected to contradict the White House line, if not several of their lines. Oh did I say lines? I meant lies.

If anything, I expect a lot of flak in the skies today to distract his base and shift the narrative.

If she had the smoking gun, it would have come out already. At best, she has some stuff that looks really bad, but isn't definitive.

i mean, someone help me out here.

whats the best case scenario here?

yates says she warned the whole team. all of them. trump, pence, etc.

then what? cant the GOP be like nope we dont care? cant the white house just say "NUUH"? Like what are people hoping comes from this?

If it's nothing why is Trump sweating and deflecting?

you mean what hes done this whole presidency?

If she had the smoking gun, it would have come out already. At best, she has some stuff that looks really bad, but isn't definitive.

If they tried to get the hearing canceled, which would result in terrible fallout, they are afraid of worse fallout when she does testify.

Steejee

Watergate took a long time to fully percolate.

These are ongoing investigations, and the people in the right and in the know in this affair are not going to spill the beans outside of court or a secure location.

This is testimony. She's not going to say "and I've got the email from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin right here" and whip out a printed copy, and no one is expecting that. Her swearing before Congress that the White House is lying would be huge.

then what? cant the GOP be like nope we dont care? cant the white house just say "NUUH"? Like what are people hoping comes from this?

you mean what hes done this whole presidency?

I'm not expecting much but hopefully it'll add a new kick in the pants to the over all investigation, its a slow burn but its not dying out

Zolo

This is testimony. She's not going to say "and I've got the email from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin right here" and whip out a printed copy, and no one is expecting that. Her swearing before Congress that the White House is lying would be huge.

Yeah. The main thing here seems to be that the White House will be called out for lying and incompetence as well as possible malice.

Pastry

Banned
Anything Yates says today is already known by he FBI, plus more. What happens today won't "cause the shoe to drop" but she is likely contributing to building the FBI's case.

I mean eventually you would hope that the GOP sees the sinking ship for what it is and tries to save themselves/distance themselves from the Trump administration. Unfortunately it seems they are all in it for the party over everything else. Either that or the whole lot is tied up in the corruption/collusion themselves. It just takes a few of them to start to flip and public sentiment from their own base to turn and I'm sure it will all landslide into something happening. Or, if things are as bad as they seem and the GOP does nothing, the 2018 elections will hopefully be enough of a bloodbath that the Dems will have the House to try to get something done.

Ithil

This isn't a movie, not every case has a convenient smoking gun to reveal in the third act for maximum dramatic impact and narrative convenience.

If she has the smoking gun (and I hate how that term has come to mean conclusive evidence, when a literal smoking gun is circumstantial evidence) she likely won't be able to talk about it because of the FBI investigation.

Let me guess:

Republicans : "Did you leak the Flyn info!? Did you wire tape Trump tower!?"

Democrats : "Have you ever actually seen Putin use Donald Trump's mouth as a c**kholster? What was that like?"

While this might be true I don't consider that guy to be the most reputable source. Or at the very least he keeps tweeting out things like McConnell receiving funding by sources in Ukraine, that no one else seems to report.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Trump's tweets make me think the administration is scared of what's going to come to light today.

Top Bottom