• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

DonShula

So many naysayers.

Remember that one time when everyone was expecting a nothingburger and Comey testified in his first ten minutes that the administration was under active investigation and Nunes went on a series of escalating hijinks?

Round two about to commence.

So many naysayers.

Remember that one time when everyone was expecting a nothingburger and Comey testified in his first ten minutes that the administration was under active investigation and Nunes went on a series of escalating hijinks?

Round two about to commence.

I'm sure comney has also spoken you her about items that cannot be discussed.

rGgKMEl.png

Sephzilla

I just saw a picture of Yates and remembered she's white. The way she was being scapegoated I figured it was another Susan Rice "scary black person" scenario.

Her lack of melanin is a big blow for Trump. Takes one of his favorite tools away.

.. Made into a 20 part HBO series. Do it.

Trump is such an egotistical money grabber that he probably would be willing to play himself in it, provided he's still in decent health and not in jail by the time it comes out. Although I probably would rather he didn't get any money from it and they just used one of his impersonators.

Crosseyes

Banned
Yeah we probably won't get any evidence pinning anything to Trump or his administration but like the last hearings hear even more confirmation of things that the Trump administration did that guilty people would do.

That tweet about Flynn not going through proper security clearance is something Yates should be able to talk about. Then you ask 'why' Trumps team did that and you'll get the "I can't comment about ongoing investigations" line.

I can't wait for the movie about this whole thing to come out.

Burt

I just saw a picture of Yates and remembered she's white. The way she was being scapegoated I figured it was another Susan Rice "scary black person" scenario.

Her lack of melanin is a big blow for Trump. Takes one of his favorite tools away.

Nah, Yates is already as much a Republican boogey(wo)man as Susan Rice. Between the Flynn stuff and the Muslim ban stuff, she's pretty much the face of the Barack Obama Deep State Plan to Undermine the Rightful 1000-year Trump Presidency.

I know the Senate held their shit together better than the House regarding political shitshowing during their initial Russia hearings, but I'm not holding out much hope for this one now that they're face to face with Yates.

Carn82

Trump is such an egotistical money grabber that he probably would be willing to play himself in it, provided he's still in decent health and not in jail by the time it comes out. Although I probably would rather he didn't get any money from it and they just used one of his impersonators.

Or like with Band of Brothers, short interviews with the real people before each episode, but with Trump in an orange jumpsuit in a nondescript prison cell. #dreams

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
More Flynn stuff is coming out now.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/flynn-never-told-dia-russians-paid-him-say-officials-n756421

Flynn Never Told DIA That Russians Paid Him, Say Officials

The Defense Intelligence Agency didn't know former director Mike Flynn had been paid nearly $34,000 by a Russian state media outlet when it renewed his security clearance in April 2016, two U.S. officials told NBC News.

Flynn had disclosed the December 2015 trip to Moscow to the DIA, but he never told them he was paid by RT, the official said. The Defense Department inspector general is now investigating whether Flynn broke the rules. The U.S. Constitution forbids retired generals from accepting foreign payments without permission.

Flynn's failure to inform the DIA he had been paid has not been reported previously. In the past, lawmakers who reviewed documents said they had seen no evidence he had reported the fees. The revelation casts new light on the White House assertion Monday that the Obama administration should have denied Flynn a security clearance if officials were concerned about him. White House spokesman Sean Spicer made that statement in response to an NBC News report that President Obama warned then-President-elect Trump about hiring Flynn when Trump and Obama met in November.

Is this the Warner-Burr committee? Or the Lindsay "maybe the Russians want to fool us into thinking Trump colluded" Graham committee?

Edit: AH FUCK, Lindsay Graham is there.

I get the feeling this entire proceeding is just going to make me very sad.

if you're expecting that after the testimony, congress is going to schedule impeachment hearings or anything of that sort-you'll be disappointed

i'm hoping for the appointment of an independent prosecutor personally

gaugebozo

Best case scenario is she provides receipts of Russian collusion and we see Trump led out of the WH in handcuffs on TV while a crowd of people chant "You're Fired!".

...you asked

You forgot that in this case Trump is crying, eating a cheeseburger, and in his boxers.

Steejee

The report says it's based off of one source. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

It's not just this in particular, it's that seemingly every day there's some new nugget that comes out. If even 1/10th of this stuff is true you could create on hell of a book/miniseries/expose.

Mesoian

if you're expecting that after the testimony, congress is going to schedule impeachment hearings or anything of that sort-you'll be disappointed

i'm hoping for the appointment of an independent prosecutor personally

Like, there's a very large part of me expecting the result of all of this to be Flynn buying a house in Missouri and becoming town sheriff while all the other fuckary just continues unimpeded.

Top Bottom