• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

KillGore

Just got done rooting my phone :) thans to you guys

Any cool app or something I can download? Tomorrow I'm going to try the sixaxis controller app, so I can connect my dualshock 3 and play the GTAs

Just got done rooting my phone :) thans to you guys

Any cool app or something I can download? Tomorrow I'm going to try the sixaxis controller app, so I can connect my dualshock 3 and play the GTAs

Sixaxis Controller is amazing! worth way more than the $2 i spent on it. so many config options for gaming, and it even goes beyond just gaming! you can do stuff like set it up for mouse emulation to control the phone via BT while its hooked up to your TV with a MHL cable. and if you have a USB OTG Cable, you can pair the Sixaxis/DS3 controller to your phone right in the app!!

As for other suggestions, try Greenify!

B3VS89cl.png

Amagon

Noob here playing with my new Note II, two inquires I have here:

What is the benefit of rooting?

And, where would I go to read more about it/or recommendations to send me on my merry way.

This phone is amazing. By far one of the best phones ive ever had.

Couple questions.

1) with this 240 dpi hack, how do you fix your widgets? or is it a either or situation
2) likewise with the S-Pen stuff. I can live without the sammy keyboard but will it still work with the s-pen apps?

3) Ive bought one of these cases http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQVWU4Q/

is it safe? has anyone heard of these cases catching fire or fucking up someones phone?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This phone is amazing. By far one of the best phones ive ever had.

Couple questions.

1) with this 240 dpi hack, how do you fix your widgets? or is it a either or situation
2) likewise with the S-Pen stuff. I can live without the sammy keyboard but will it still work with the s-pen apps?

3) Ive bought one of these cases http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQVWU4Q/

is it safe? has anyone heard of these cases catching fire or fucking up someones phone?

I use Nova launcher which allows you to resize widgets.

ScummVM daily builds already have support for S-Pen in the main codebase. With the S-Pen out, hovering moves the mouse cursor to where you hover, tapping is left-click, and the button on the S-Pen is right-click. This shit is fucking amazing, I was playing a little bit of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis because LucasArts is dead and it was just as easy to control as with a mouse.

Scalibur

The Note II is probably the first phone that has made me stop looking forward to new phones. I honestly can't think of another device I would rather own.

kmfdmpig

The Note II is probably the first phone that has made me stop looking forward to new phones. I honestly can't think of another device I would rather own.

I feel the same way. I've owned it for about 5 months and there is still nothing I'd trade it for. I'm sure when the Note 3 comes out I'll be envious of that, but waiting until the Note 4 does not seem to be too tough. I do hope that the Note 4 is closer to a 6 inch screen, however, as bigger would be a bit better (preferably with smaller bezel as well).

Same here. I upgraded to the Note II since I wanted to be able to play 1080p vids of any format without lag. I wouldn't really care if Note III is more powerful. Waiting for Note IV will be easy.

yanhero

Same here. I upgraded to the Note II since I wanted to be able to play 1080p vids of any format without lag. I wouldn't really care if Note III is more powerful. Waiting for Note IV will be easy.

But don't you want a 1080p screen to play all those 1080p videos??

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My old man just ordered a E3200 Linksys router because his signal kept going out when listening to streaming radio. He's still having this problem now that I've set it up for him. He, of course, has the Galaxy Note II.

For the record, he's about 50 feet, maybe 60 feet at most from the router and he's still having this problem.

Any advice on how we can improve this? The router should be more than enough to handle it as you can see by the description in the link so still not sure why this is happening.

On April 30th, I will be eligible for this phone. I am quite close to making my final decision about this phone. I have wanted one for almost a year, maybe more. I've had this Motorola Droid X2, and been very happy with it.

What I would really appreciate hearing what would be considered "buyers' remorse" kinds of things. I need to hear is the bad stuff. I know the good stuff. Tell me some hands on bad stuff. Where you said to yourself "should have gone with that DNA or S3/S4". Thank you!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Gonna give it a shot. Sounds good cuz wacom did the S-pen didn't they?

I gave it a try, and while I love how pretty it is with the notebook flipping animation, it is a terrible app in general for making notes, especially with S Note already on the system. No pressure sensitivity is one thing, but no on screen fast undo button? Christ.

Also, curiosity demanded I check out Puzzles & Dragons, and doesnt seem to support my Note2? Or is that simply because I'm in Europe?

On April 30th, I will be eligible for this phone. I am quite close to making my final decision about this phone. I have wanted one for almost a year, maybe more. I've had this Motorola Droid X2, and been very happy with it.

What I would really appreciate hearing what would be considered "buyers' remorse" kinds of things. I need to hear is the bad stuff. I know the good stuff. Tell me some hands on bad stuff. Where you said to yourself "should have gone with that DNA or S3/S4". Thank you!

Be ready to hear an opinion on it from every other person who sees you use it.

I gave it a try, and while I love how pretty it is with the notebook flipping animation, it is a terrible app in general for making notes, especially with S Note already on the system. No pressure sensitivity is one thing, but no on screen fast undo button? Christ.

Also, curiosity demanded I check out Puzzles & Dragons, and doesnt seem to support my Note2? Or is that simply because I'm in Europe?

Must be the EU store thing. I have played it on my Note II (N7100, international version).

the only thing i regret is that i waited until december for my upgrade to be able to get it.

shows as available on all of my devices. must be some sort of region restriction by the publisher.

Recently that stupid S voices, has been announcing when I get a text message. Is there anyway to turn this off? Or remove it entirely?

i googled it and this is what i saw

Check to make sure "Driving Mode" is not enabled.

Settings --> Language & Input --> Text to Speech Output --> Driving Mode. If it's *on*, your phone will read out all new calls/texts.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/612065-voice-announcing-sms-messages-help.html

reKon

Banned
Sixaxis Controller is amazing! worth way more than the $2 i spent on it. so many config options for gaming, and it even goes beyond just gaming! you can do stuff like set it up for mouse emulation to control the phone via BT while its hooked up to your TV with a MHL cable. and if you have a USB OTG Cable, you can pair the Sixaxis/DS3 controller to your phone right in the app!!

As for other suggestions, try Greenify!

B3VS89cl.png

How? This wasn't working for me. I'd rather do then have to turn on my computer

How? This wasn't working for me. I'd rather do then have to turn on my computer

Galaxy Note II <-> USB Host cable <-> USB Mini-B to USB Cable <-> PS3 Controller

rqSdiZHl.jpg

also...

- It is highly recommended that you use an ORIGINAL controller. Many after market controllers will not work with this app. If you get a 'Client connected: 1' message, but the lights on your controller continue to flash, it is almost certainly not an original Sony controller.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

Be ready to hear an opinion on it from every other person who sees you use it.

This is pretty much it for me as well. I came from an iPhone 4 and I've had mine for about a month now. I honestly couldn't be more pleased, though I was over all the size jokes on day 1.

It's not a legitimate complaint by any means, but I suppose in the interest of giving you an actual negative on the phone: I do find myself constantly cleaning the screen. I think the larger size makes my finger-print smudges harder to ignore, and there's just something about a massive pristine screen that I really enjoy.

Blackhead

Redarse
It's not a legitimate complaint by any means, but I suppose in the interest of giving you an actual negative on the phone: I do find myself constantly cleaning the screen. I think the larger size makes my finger-print smudges harder to ignore, and there's just something about a massive pristine screen that I really enjoy.
Did you consider the flip cover case? Should keep the screen clean for you...

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I must be one of the most stupid people of the planet, I was considering trading my note 2 for an iPhone 5,cause it looked cooler.

Bad apple, almost got me!

sasimirobot

Dropped this phone 4/5 times since I had it and last night was one the one that finally destroyed the screen. Fell screen down completely flat on marble floor. 300+ bucks to fix it, might have to rock the old school nokia for a few weeks, oh well...

Ragus

Banned
I have a strange bug on my Note 2. Screen changes orientation just fine for something like 20 hours, but after that, strange things happen. I can only change screen orientation when I'm in Dolphin Browser (it's the only app where it works). When I shutdown Dolphin in Landscape, every app inlcuding Settings, Twitter, SMS etc. is in Landscape, and when I shutdown Dolphin in Portrait, every app is also in Portrait.

I'm on unrooted 4.2.1, using nova launcher.

Top Bottom