• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Hook 'Truther' Tells Victim's Mother Her Daughter Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

esterk

I don't understand this. If people are dumb enough to believe it didn't happen, isn't there some better protest they can muster than stealing a playground sign? Jesus.

Fuchsdh

I wouldn't say that, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are just monumentally fucking stupid and never once learned of the basic idea of "empathy". It is quite sad how many people don't give a shit about it these days.

I think it's more a matter of echo chambers and positive reinforcement. These people are so conditioned to their view of the world that if something comes along as a threat to it (school shootings caused by access to guns in this case) they attack it like an antibody and come up with any way to justify it (it didn't happen!) Then you get a bunch of these people talking to each other and they form a nucleus of "we all believe this so we're validated in our belief!" protectionism.

I think it's a bit different than some other conspiracy theorists, where psychologists say the disbelief in the official story has to do with being unable to comprehend that things can "just happen"—that a single person could kill JFK, that a few terrorists could kill thousands, etc. Plenty of overlap though. Many of the 9/11 conspiracies pretty much treat the people on the planes as never existing, because they're so focused on cruise missiles or controlled demolitions.

I don't understand this. If people are dumb enough to believe it didn't happen, isn't there some better protest they can muster than stealing a playground sign? Jesus.

People are lazy, even the irrationally paranoid.

Camwi

No it doesn't. It is a ridiculous stretch, beyond stretch, to say that right wing media are truthers or support a truther agenda... Truther's are named after 9/11 For Truth people, who believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy or a staged hoax. You really think that right wing media proposes the idea that the 9/11 attacks didn't happen?

How did you get any of that from my post? "Truther," in this case, refers to the people who believe Sandy Hook was made-up by the government. None of this has to do with 9/11.

Where is the benefit to believing it was an inside job? If that were possible, what the fuck you be able to do about it?

Idiots. Condolences to the family, stupidity and general assholeishness about people's grievances can know no bounds it seems.

Why do we dignify these people by referring to them as "truthers"? More like dipshit fucks who are a pestilence in society.

Is this what happens when you go even further than Alex Jones in the retarded everything-is-a-conspiracy schtick? At least with Jones, he's kind of hilarious with his New World Order crap, but these people are loathsome beyond description.

If I were a parent of one of the murdered children and someone said this to me - especially in person, in my face, rather than on the phone - I don't know how I would be able to keep myself composed. I would probably deck them without hesitation, damn the consequences.

doofy102

I really hope the more open-minded, polite and legitimate government questioners out there won't be associated with this freak so they'll actually be listened to when they find something. But no, according to GAF they're all cockroaches. Lovely.

UrbanRats

What if "truthers" are planted by the government to make you think that they don't want to take your guns?

I'm a truthers' truther.
These guys need mental help, clearly.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
this may sound bad but maybe everyone who denies it ever happened should be shown pictures from the crime scene and be scarred for life. At least then they won't think it never happened after that.

Fucking...false flag folks are just disgusting. I knew one of those (same person I've mentioned before). He claimed that the Aurora shootings were a false flag because the shooter looked like he was on drugs, and that he was a government plant.

And he wasn't kidding. He actually believed it.

People like this are vile, and they deserve to be ridiculed and shamed for their selfish beliefs.

Hey, believe what you want about whatever you want, but keep it under your fucking hat. No one, especially those personally involved with this tragedy, cares about your stupid opinion on things.

styl3s

Fucking...false flag folks are just disgusting. I knew one of those (same person I've mentioned before). He claimed that the Aurora shootings were a false flag because the shooter looked like he was on drugs, and that he was a government plant.

And he wasn't kidding. He actually believed it.

People like this are vile, and they deserve to be ridiculed and shamed for their selfish beliefs.
I had a friend who had this whole ridiculous theory about how him and the theater shooting were both carried out by government plants. He always had these insane theories and always put infowars pamphlets and shit everywhere and when loose change came out he burnt about 150 copies of it and placed them all over town so people could open their eyes.

I never truly saw the madness in him until he started going on about how they were plants and the whole school shooting was a government sanctioned event to further push along anti-gun agendas and shit.

Talyn

this may sound bad but maybe everyone who denies it ever happened should be shown pictures from the crime scene and be scarred for life. At least then they won't think it never happened after that.
It wouldn't change their minds. They already believe the entire thing was a hoax, the people were either actors or don't exist at all. Any photos would be dismissed as "fake."

I had a friend who had this whole ridiculous theory about how him and the theater shooting were both carried out by government plants. He always had these insane theories and always put infowars pamphlets and shit everywhere and when loose change came out he burnt about 150 copies of it and placed them all over town so people could open their eyes.

I never truly saw the madness in him until he started going on about how they were plants and the whole school shooting was a government sanctioned event to further push along anti-gun agendas and shit.

Ah yes..."open your eyes". The hypocrisy is so strong that you could hit them upside the head with it.

xbhaskarx

This is like when Ali G asked Buzz Aldrin if the moon really exists or it's just a conspiracy, except not at all funny.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Interesting how people can be so terrified of random destruction that they can imagine away an event entirely, or attribute it to a calculated play.

This is like when Ali G asked Buzz Aldrin if the moon really exists or it's just a conspiracy, except not at all funny.

231ce8da-58c1-45a6-ad15-896653769bc7.gif

While resorting to violence isn't something I'm a fan of, I gotta say I'm with Buzz on this one. Not saying it's what he deserved, but he had it coming. I'd say the same of the Sandy Hook "truthers".

What a gross story.

To the OP: Right wing media? Really? I think you're confusing different groups here. There are lots of idiots that create lots of dumb theories about all sorts of big news events. Just because this story involves guns, which led to talk of gun legislation, doesn't mean the conspiracies are born out of right wing media discussing that story.

Right wing media was all over the parents and the president for trying to enact some new gun laws. The main reason that these conspiracy nutjobs have for the shooting is that the government wants to take away their guns. It kind of goes hand in hand.

What an absolute shit post. People had conspiracy theories about this shooting the day after it happened. "How could one guy kill that many kids by himself?" I remember seeing that shit almost immediately. It had nothing to do with right wing media. People cook up these kinds of ridiculous bullshit theories anytime a huge awful event occurs, because they've got nothing better to do, and their brains can't process one person could be so awful to do all of that on their own. Similar to the 9/11 theories, which played on the idea that "18 guys couldn't have done all that by themselves". When people can't make sense of something, they try and make it into something bigger, something grander.

Brakke

Banned
What if none of us exist right now.

What if the truthers are just a couple paragraphs in to reading Descartes or something. Maybe they just saw The Matrix for the first time.

Or what if they're shit heads.

Ourobolus

Banned
I would have a pretty difficult time restraining myself from beating the shit out of someone that claimed this bullshit about a child of mine.

God, people have way too much free time to believe in such stupid shit.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That's some of the stupidest bullshit I've ever heard. It's bad enough the sign was stolen, but to tell that to the woman? What an asshole.

jerry1594

If I were that girl's parent I'd do the world a favor and beat the shit out of that guy.
And what exactly does this have to do with right wing politics OP?
Its a false flag operation by Obungler to take guns from patriots and give them to jihadists.

Koomaster

Why would you steal from and vandalize a playground even if you believed this craziness?
In the off chance you are wrong how about just passing out some flyers or something.

Why would you steal from and vandalize a playground even if you believed this craziness?
In the off chance you are wrong how about just passing out some flyers or something.

Because you have nothing better to do with your life than agitate and irritate those that are hurt and grieving. Which you can also read as "scum."

BajiBoxer

Banned
And what exactly does this have to do with right wing politics OP?
Gun control conspiracies. While I doubt any serious right wing media scumbag would be dumb enough to promote this particular garbage on their Fox News show, gun control conspiracy nonsense is a major feature with their base, and other conspiracy bullshit is actively promoted by the mainstream right wing.

Loxley

231ce8da-58c1-45a6-ad15-896653769bc7.gif

While resorting to violence isn't something I'm a fan of, I gotta say I'm with Buzz on this one. Not saying it's what he deserved, but he had it coming. I'd say the same of the Sandy Hook "truthers".

To this day, that video of Aldrin cold-cocking that moron in the jaw is one of my favorite videos on the internet. It's like he was releasing the collective frustration of everyone who worked on the Apollo missions in one geriatric sucker punch.

Camwi

What an absolute shit post. People had conspiracy theories about this shooting the day after it happened. "How could one guy kill that many kids by himself?" I remember seeing that shit almost immediately. It had nothing to do with right wing media. People cook up these kinds of ridiculous bullshit theories anytime a huge awful event occurs, because they've got nothing better to do, and their brains can't process one person could be so awful to do all of that on their own. Similar to the 9/11 theories, which played on the idea that "18 guys couldn't have done all that by themselves". When people can't make sense of something, they try and make it into something bigger, something grander.

I see there are also some nuts in this thread that have issues with seeing things that aren't there. I never said that the media are the ones who created the conspiracy, I was saying that the anti gun control agenda that they were pushing is exactly what the truthers were feeding on, since it fit there own agenda.

Unfuckingbelievable, I can't believe that there are people that actually believe that shit was a hoax or a government job or whatever those crackpot crazies come up with.

This shit makes my blood boil and sometimes makes me ashamed to be a gun owner.

Tookay

Note to OP: I know hating on right-wingers is accepted on this forum, but the vast majority of them don't think that Sandy Hook was an inside job and the vast majority of right wing news organizations don't suggest this either.

There are going to be fringe groups who will believe crazy things; let's not pin this on the right.

Karak

Buzz was Light-years ahead of his time.
As for this F8cking cancer-piece that did that to the parent they deserve some serious shit.

Wilsongt

Well, I guess people who are gun nuts need to continue to terrorize somebody. They already got away with stopping most legislation for better gun safety. Might as well throw some salt into those still oozing wounds these families have.

This fucking country...

ElRenoRaven

Note to OP: I know hating on right-wingers is accepted on this forum, but the vast majority of them don't think that Sandy Hook was an inside job and the vast majority of right wing news organizations don't suggest this either.

There are going to be fringe groups who will believe crazy things; let's not pin this on the right.

Yea. There are enough reasons to dislike the right. This isn't one of them. Truthers are a deeply insane breed. There are truthers for everything anymore. It's kind of sad really.

Cyan

Banned
What a gross story.

To the OP: Right wing media? Really? I think you're confusing different groups here. There are lots of idiots that create lots of dumb theories about all sorts of big news events. Just because this story involves guns, which led to talk of gun legislation, doesn't mean the conspiracies are born out of right wing media discussing that story.

Right. The right wing has pushed a number of conspiracy theories around Obama: the birth certificate, Benghazi, etc. But I don't think they've really touched this one. I think Glenn Beck actually had an episode debunking the conspiracy theories around Sandy Hook.

Right wing media was all over the parents and the president for trying to enact some new gun laws. The main reason that these conspiracy nutjobs have for the shooting is that the government wants to take away their guns. It kind of goes hand in hand.
No, blaming rightwing media for what nut jobs think here is flat out hilarious. As terrible as American media is, none of the cable channels or major news sources are promoting the fake Sandy Hook story. That's nut jobs coming up with it themselves.

I see there are also some nuts in this thread that have issues with seeing things that aren't there. I never said that the media are the ones who created the conspiracy, I was saying that the anti gun control agenda that they were pushing is exactly what the truthers were feeding on, since it fit there own agenda.

If the conspiracy theorists decided to latch onto that right wing media talking about gun control that doesn't make the right wing media an accessory to the theories. It's just the idiots finding anything to latch onto for their theory, which is what they always do.

My wife's little cousin was at the school when it happened. Considering how frantic her parents were I can assure these nut jobs it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom