• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Hook 'Truther' Tells Victim's Mother Her Daughter Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine the fallout if it was my child and someone said that.

image.php

Sorry this was necessary. Right there with you as well....I would be furious.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Batshit crazy but I can't help noticing "truther" is becoming an archetype: someone so far gone in a delusion that normal conspiracy theories aren't good enough. They will rationalize anything to live in a counter factual reality. Even saying what is standing in front of them doesn't exist.

RELAYER

Banned
I've never heard someone claim it didn't happen, but I have heard plenty of people say they think it was intentionally set up by the government as an excuse to push anti-gun legislation.

edit: by people I mean people online.

Risible

I don't know how people don't beat the ever loving shit out of someone like that. If I lost a child in a shooting and some cuntbag told me that he didn't believe in it or my child I'm scared I would kill the fucker with my bare hands in blind rage. Hell, I have no connection to Sandy Hook whatsoever and I'd gladly cold-cock one of these assholes.

People are stupid. There was nauseating news coverage of this from every angle for weeks on end. Next they'll say that the Malaysia Airlines plane really didn't disappear.

However, a small group of "truthers" allege the shooting never occurred or was part of a ‘false flag’ operation designed to open the door to the confiscation of all guns by the government, The Raw Story reports.

This is insane to me. How do people convince themselves of something like this?

I can't imagine how self-assured you'd have to be to tell someone "You know what? Your daughter never existed." Like reality just conforms to their whims.

The far-right media will denounce this action, conveniently ignoring that it was their demagoguery that set these "truthers" on the path they're on now. They didn't wake up one day and believe this shit, the far-right's been dogwhistling it since day one.

Arksy

Yes it's one thing to say that an event was caused by a different group of people, it's another to say that the event never fucking happened.

I can't imagine how self-assured you'd have to be to tell someone "You know what? Your daughter never existed." Like reality just conforms to their whims.

The far-right media will denounce this action, conveniently ignoring that it was their demagoguery that set these "truthers" on the path their on now. They didn't wake up one day and believe this shit, the far-right's been dogwhistling it since day one.

So conspiracy theorists don't just wake up and believe this shit? Who's to blame for the 9/11 conspiracy theorists?

So conspiracy theorists don't just wake up and believe this shit? Who's to blame for the 9/11 conspiracy theorists?

An ample supply of both I'd say. The right's distrust of the federal government and the left's distrust of the Bush administration made both sides a bit too eager to believe nonsense than they should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom