• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Palin calls out Trump: Trump's Carrier deal is 'crony capitalism'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienfan

Another conservative is calling “crony capitalism” on Donald Trump’s deal with Carrier, albeit an unexpected one — Sarah Palin.

In an op-ed for the website Young Conservatives, the former Alaska governor allowed that the details behind the manufacturer’s decision to keep some 1,000 jobs in Indiana at the president-elect’s behest, rather than move them to Mexico, are not yet clear. But touting the value of free markets, Palin signaled her disapproval if it was a case of “political intrusion using a stick or carrot to bribe or force one individual business to do what politicians insist.”
“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,”
“Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail.”
“A $20 trillion debt-ridden country can’t afford this sinfully stupid practice,” she cautioned, “so vigilantly guard against its continuance, or we’re doomed.”
Politico

Also Anne Coulter tweeted a few hours ago:
Sounds like the big sell-out is coming. Oh well. The voters did what we could. If Trump sells out, it's not our fault.
Source
What is even happening? Has 2016 just decided to invert itself

giphy.gif

Afrodium

Banned
What the fuck? Is this what is causing Republicans to turn on him? Don't most people see this as a win for Trump, and by extension, the GOP?

Blader

The voters did what we could. If Trump sells out, it's not our fault.

Nope. You were warned.

On the bright side, sounds like she's not in the running for a cabinet spot, then.

kevin1025

Banned
So much for that Veterans job, I guess.

They're turning on him before he even gets in, haha.

fuck this shit. this season of America jumped the shark, the fuck are the writers doing?

The showrunners wanted to go back to the roots, but they didn't realize what that meant.

If I had to think of a way that them turning against the president-elect makes sense, I'd have to guess Ann/Sarah (or their friends) did not get their expected slice of the pie, and this amounts to sour grapes.

WedgeX

Banned
Yes, ever since:

Hienz Mustard
Frenches ketchup
Final fantasy XV
Shenmue 3
Final fantasy 7 Remake
The last guardian
Duke nukem Forever
The cubs winning the world series

It's not falling in line

It's agreeing with her

I thought that the timeline had changed the spelling of Heinz, too. Luckily that remains intact.

RoKKeR

What the fuck? Is this what is causing Republicans to turn on him? Don't most people see this as a win for Trump, and by extension, the GOP?

No, it is a clear, blatant, "one-off" PR move that is completely unsustainable and anybody thinking this is going to be a larger trend is fooling themselves.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If Coulter is against something...does that mean I should be for it?

I don't know what to do anymore. I am so confused.

Afrodium

Banned
No, it is a clear, blatant, "one-off" PR move that is completely unsustainable and anybody thinking this is going to be a larger trend is fooling themselves.

Well, of course, but I'd think the GOP would be taking advantage of it for the moment. And besides, arguing that the American public can easily see through Trump's bullshit doesn't hold much water post-election.

Trump backed himself into a corner there. If he does it again Republicans like these ones will turn on him, if he doesn't Democrats will expose him like a con man that never cares about the working class (Bernie getting ready) and just exploited their fears.

This is a good thing.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Donald Trump has brought unlikely people together and unlikely people apart. Fuck, I need a break from 2016. When does this ride end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom