• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#SaveShenmue - The Shenmue 3 campaign

ajim

Love it.

Made me laugh and smile.

Shenmue is still the greatest untold story ever.

No game series has ever made me as happy as it has.

<3

#SaveShenmue

#SaveShenmue

I think we need this in here as well.

iGsFzh4s26oei.gif

I refuse to believe that the people demanding Shenmue 3 are just vocal minority that is too small to make the game profitable. It doesn't even have to be a long, expensive game, ffs, just give us closure.

shenmue 3 dime novel confirmed

Gasmeter

Banned
Good to see the campaign finally on the GAF. Its been going for a while now, and has gotten coverage over the past year. Hopefully we will get a HD release after GDC.

Anyone who is bashing the game, I'm sure you have your reasons and it is a love or hate game. But with the first Shenmue event taking place in years, in March, let us have a bit of excitement and positive discussion about it until then. It does no harm. After the GDC, bash away. We are used to it.

I think we need this in here as well.

iGsFzh4s26oei.gif

I refuse to believe that the people demanding Shenmue 3 are just vocal minority that is too small to make the game profitable. It doesn't even have to be a long, expensive game, ffs, just give us closure.

Shenmue visual novel, then.

stupid sega for not releasing at least an hd collection on console+pc.

Easy money.

I don't know why but Sega refuses to give Shenmue any chance. At this point I can see them releasing the HD remakes on Wii-U just to see it fail again.

If it's not announced 'til E3 this year, I'll let it go for real.

Yeah, if it doesn't happen this year with the GDC thing going on, I think it's time to let go.

Who am I kidding, I'll never let it go.

jay

Shenmue III already exists. It is the strife within our hearts that comes from the struggle of not wanting to let go that which we love.

MaxiLive

I didnt want to put this in a new thread, because it's probably fake, so I'll just bump this up. The manufacturer of the new official Shenmue t-shirt has posted a Shenmue 3 image on their Facebook with the text saying "The trip of Ryo Hazuki has just still started!"

http://www.nerfed.co.uk/rumour-shenmue-3-outed-by-t-shirt-maker/7328

If it is going off that image then it is fake as the background image event includes the Dreamcast renders of the characters.

If it is going off that image then it is fake as the background image event includes the Dreamcast renders of the characters.
Those are just some fanmade wallpapers that have been circulating among the community. The store guys probably thought they were cool and posted them on facebook to go with the news of the huge number of orders from overseas.

micster

Those are just some fanmade wallpapers that have been circulating among the community. The store guys probably thought they were cool and posted them on facebook to go with the news of the huge number of orders from overseas.

That's what I reckon, but Google and Tineye's reverse image searches didnt find any results for it

That's what I reckon, but Google and Tineye's reverse image searches didnt find any results for it
That's probably because the origin is facebook itself. The author posted it in the Shenmue 500k group.

Anyway, considering that t-shirt ordering page is all in Japanese and the store doesn't even officially ships outside of Japan it's really surprising to hear about huge orders. I guess Shenmue fans really are a crazy bunch lol

It's too late fellas, it is what it is. This is one of the earliest examples of games that people should've bought, but didn't. It being on the dreamcast certainly didn't help. If you want something, buy it, not on sale two to ten years down the line, or don't be sad when it goes away.

Kyonashi

No thread about the trademark expiring being reported by fan sites today? I thought it would've been big news amongst people in this thread.

Summoner

I don't blame Sega for not wanting to fund a 3rd game, this franchise regrettably has been a money pit for them. The only chance this game coming out is if one of the console manufacturers funds the game.

Logash

Who thinks this is Shenmue?
Official Playstation Magazine Teases Massive PS4 Announcement For March 2014, says "Series of Massive Significance Will Be Confirmed For PS4"
http://www.gamepur.com/news/13728-o...-march-2014-says-series-massive-signific.html

If this is true they should release an HD collection on PS4 since there has never been a Shenmue game on a playstation console. Good way to build hype for a third release. Of course, this is all untrue and there is no hope.

AF_Writer

Banned
Since news about Shenmue has been rather slow as of late, I wanted to point you to a new Shenmue documentary that was just published yesterday called "In Ryo's Footsteps 2."

Basically, the premise is the director traveled from Australia to Japan to visit the same places Ryo did in the very first Shenmue, including Dobuita and other iconic places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy6DEddBUg

Maligna

Banned
Well, it's the third of the month and that means it is time to bump this thread and get the #saveshenmue campaign going on twitter again. Let's all direct our tweets at sony and sega and get this thing trending. One last push on the way to Yu Suzuki's GDC talk.

I swear... if nothing happens at this event, I've officially given up hope.

Well, it's the third of the month and that means it is time to bump this thread and get the #saveshenmue campaign going on twitter again. Let's all direct our tweets at sony and sega and get this thing trending. One last push on the way to Yu Suzuki's GDC talk.

I swear... if nothing happens at this event, I've officially given up hope.

Stay strong. I think we should at least give it until E3/TGS 2014.

Sony has recently got that team set up specifically to make sought after third-party ports become a reality, so while I wouldn't expect Shenmue III to happen sometime soon (though lord knows I wish it would), a PS3/PS4 HD collection of the first two games isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility. Sony knows damn well that Yakuza 5, FF Type-0 and Shenmue are the most highly demanded games to appear on a Playstation system in the West right now, so hopefully something happens.

I think Shenmue 3 would make a great exclusive to the PS4.

But if they have no plans for the Shenmue 3, an HD collection is definitely possible. Hopefully, Sony have already discussed this with SEGA.

danwarb

There's never been a Shenmue game on a PlayStation console. Only MS were mad enough to buy Shenmue II for the OG Xbox.

Do it for cheap on PC with Source or something. Sega come on man.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Loved the first game. I don't think I've played 2. Now I get the desire to check in the loft to see if I have both games in my dreamcast box.

I think we'll find out if Sony are serious about taking consumer requests once they announce some titles from their feedback list.

If Shenmue was announced, I think we'd all be completely convinced.

Top Bottom