• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saw X is.....good?

Currently at 84% on rotten tomatoes

"Saw X pulls off the seemingly impossible by satisfying hardcore fans w/ gory traps & the visual aesthetic of early films and finally delivering a compelling character study on the series villain, Jigsaw. Easily one of, if not, THE best in the franchise."

Anyone planning on seeing it? Pretty sure as of now this is the highest rated in the franchise.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Huh. The Saw films have always been good (roughly two exceptions, but fans will give you different answers on which two they are), but critics have never been able to recognize the series' quality. If the critics actually like this one then I'm feeling wary, but hopefully it's actually just the best entry.

Huh. The Saw films have always been good (roughly two exceptions, but fans will give you different answers on which two they are), but critics have never been able to recognize the series' quality. If the critics actually like this one then I'm feeling wary, but hopefully it's actually just the best entry.
Oh come on, they haven't been anything great, except for maybe the first. Most of them are enjoyable yes, but the majority of them can't even break 6.0 on IMDb.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The first and second one are good for what they are, I wouldn't say they was worth owning.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Well you said critics haven't recognized the series quality, but apparently average joes haven't either.
The series has always been alienating, but all the best stuff is. If we were to judge the quality of a movie or a series based on the broadness of its appeal, there wouldn't be anything better than the MCU.

I don't think there are any decent online film score aggregators though. That's not even a hot take. For most people, the internet probably doesn't promote the most thoughtful engagement with... well, just about anything.

kunonabi

Yeah, I'm seeing it tomorrow. The writers are concerning but going back to John and Amanda should be enough to make it better than everything post 3 regardless.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wild. Was already going to see it because I'm Stockholm Syndromed into enjoying this stupid franchise, but I can't believe this is how this turned out.

GymWolf

The only great saw movie was the first one, the second was decent, then it's a descent into shittyness.

The traps are always great in every movie tho.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I really hated that spin off movie Spiral so I'm happy it's not a sequel to that one.

Edit: it is by those writers though, so expectations are back in check.

Last edited:
I love saw. If you watch them all in the space of a week or so so that they're fresh they are quite enjoyable and each film leads into the next in a very satisfying way.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Saw X did a good job with the traps, I feel like the participants had enough time to escape.

Sleepwalker

This and final destination are my guilty pleasures, they aren't great but they are very fun.

Im not going to the cinema for Saw X though, will wait.

Around 60 on Metacritic, which is solid for a horror movie.

Vyse

Gold Member
I’m going to see it tomorrow. Watched them all. I actually watched Spiral on Hulu expecting the worst of the Saw movies and actually ended up enjoying it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I love these stupid movies. I'm definitely interested in seeing this, though I'll probably just wait until I watch it at home.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gonna check this out. I’ve heard nothing but good things. The premise is very interesting.

I tried watching Spiral last night and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I had no idea it was the social justice version of Saw. Had to tap out after 20 minutes. The acting was dreadful.

FunkMiller

Yep, not bad at all.

Suffers from a pretty predictable twist (they really should try something different. The twist ending is very, very tired) but the film is elevated a great deal by Tobin Bell’s fabulous performance.

Easily the best after the original trilogy.

DrFigs

It's good. idk how they did it, or why they chose to make a prequel for the second movie this far into the series, but it really works.

AJUMP23

I saw the first saw film and laughed at it. Never wanted to see another.

With Cary Elwys starring in the film some guy in the theater said “as you wish” and killed all tension. It may have been me that did it. I don’t remember. But my friends and I still laugh about it.

Mr Blobby

This movie also has humour, lacking from others I've seen. The ending is predictable in that you know Kramer comes out on top, just like every other Hollywood movie, but the process is still fun. It's like the later FF movies where all these unlikely conditions are met for the plan to work out.

Hydroxy

Just saw it, it was decent but nothing special. The traps were good though even though there weren't enough of it.

Top Bottom