• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Frimaire

Pat's "Welcome to the family, son" at the end of RE episodes still gets me every time.
The style reminds me of the boss intros in Let It Die.

Am I the only one that feels like it sounds as if Matt doesn't want to be there in RE7? He just sounds so disinterested.

I don't get the sense he doesn't want to be there. But I do feel he's not on his full game. I just considered it him getting back into things after his break, or maybe he's just not playing things up to the degree he used to. I've been fine with it either way and am happy he is back.

I don't get the sense he doesn't want to be there. But I do feel he's not on his full game. I just considered it him getting back into things after his break, or maybe he's just not playing things up to the degree he used to. I've been fine with it either way and am happy he is back.

I believe they both actually mentioned him being rusty in part 1, or Matt did at least. So yeah, it's probably just that.

Yeah I remember Matt stated it in the first video and I think Pat assured him it was fine. Haven't watched the latest RE7 upload from tonight but I've been enjoying both them in it thus far.

My guess would be Pat making a checklist of the best sidequests, poking Wollie with a stick while he bumbles around the wastes.

It wouldn't be dissimilar to the DS LP.

The only Fallout LP's Ive ever watched were from Gopher, and its cause he RP'ed the shit outta of them.

I can only see a potential SBFB version of it being a shitshow tbh.

Anung

Un Rama
These guys let their "knowledge" of gaming help them play into a corner so much sometimes. Yeah it was was "a weird hit box thing that made me die after it died that sucks". Not the easier assumption of there was two like any other gamer would make.

Matt usually is quick to assume the negative of a game which is probably we he isn't fun to listen to anymore. Blind LPing is so detrimental sometimes.

These guys let their "knowledge" of gaming help them play into a corner so much sometimes. Yeah it was was "a weird hit box thing that made me die after it died that sucks". Not the easier assumption of there was two like any other gamer would make.

Actually I thought the same thing because there was no indication of anything behind them. Like, you didn't see the one that killed them actually step into the field of view after Ethan dies or anything, it looked like the one they killed managed to get its attack out. I'm not sure there's even an attack direction indicator? If there was, it was covered up in all the red jelly on the screen.

Also when do I post the new thread?

Anung

Un Rama
Maybe's it's just loads of RE experience and Souls experience but ambushing made more sense (plus big evil sludge room) than broken game to me.

Actually I thought the same thing because there was no indication of anything behind them. Like, you didn't see the one that killed them actually step into the field of view after Ethan dies or anything, it looked like the one they killed managed to get its attack out. I'm not sure there's even an attack direction indicator? If there was, it was covered up in all the red jelly on the screen.
There was maybe a tiny bit of the arm of the guy behind Ethan when they died that time, but that was super hard to spot.

ArjanN

Maybe's it's just loads of RE experience and Souls experience but ambushing made more sense (plus big evil sludge room) than broken game to me.

I just played that bit beforehand, and I totally saw the amush coming. Just the layout of the room and the fact they'd already thrown some single enemies at you, but yeah, also from playing a bunch of Souls again where you just expect every room to be an ambush situation.

Matt usually is quick to assume the negative of a game which is probably we he isn't fun to listen to anymore. Blind LPing is so detrimental sometimes.

I had thought they both attacked and the monster's connected after it died. I didn't see or hear any second monster.

Frimaire

It's been a while since I played DS1, but I feel like I remember entering Blighttown from the opposite side that these guys did.
Like, there was a valley, then a tunnel with a couple of the club guys, then a few buildings, then an elevator that led down to the swampy area.
Is that possible, or am I misremembering?

Strimei

It's been a while since I played DS1, but I feel like I remember entering Blighttown from the opposite side that these guys did.
Like, there was a valley, then a tunnel with a couple of the club guys, then a few buildings, then an elevator that led down to the swampy area.
Is that possible, or am I misremembering?

No, it is very possible.

But what you did was take the master key option instead of that ring that Woolie took (or maybe was a thief? I think they get the key too). That enables you to use the backdoor and skip most of Blighttown by entering via the Valley of the Drakes.

Pat made Woolie take the ring for two reasons: One, to get the "real' Blighttown experience, and two,
so he can actually hear the Fair Lady's voice

Frimaire

No, it is very possible.

But what you did was take the master key option instead of that ring that Woolie took (or maybe was a thief? I think they get the key too). That enables you to use the backdoor and skip most of Blighttown by entering via the Valley of the Drakes.

Pat made Woolie take the ring for two reasons: One, to get the "real' Blighttown experience, and two,
so he can actually hear the Fair Lady's voice

Thanks. Yeah, I must have been thief, 'cause I was definitely able to
understand her
as well.

I did DS1 so out of order in order to abuse the Dragon Head exploit on PS3 that I forgot most people don't do Blighttown until waaaay later than I did. So I was surprised when I realized it took t hem 21 episodes to reach the muckymuck. Though my first playthrough I also did the catacombs first because I'm dumb and thought it was supposed to be that hard. So much time wasted smashing skelingtons...

Strimei

Newest Dark Souls episode reminding me why I love invasions in DS1.

I'm catching up on today's videos and yeah I love the sense of honor (at times) and such I experienced with invasions in DS1.

Probably my favorite was in
Oolacile Township
. I was nearing the bottom when I got the invasion message. I was in a pretty good spot and decided to try and keep an eye out for my invader. I thought I saw him a distance away, so I whipped out the binocs and looked closer.

Nope, just the glowing red eyes of one of those
pygmies
. Guess he's still somewhere. So I zoom back in, and then turn around.

...he's right behind me. And he isn't doing anything. He waited, the guy actually waited for me to be aware of his presence. He really didn't need to, I was literally on the edge of a building and he could have knocked me off or backstabbed me at any time, but he waited until I was aware. We bowed and fought. I lost, naturally (not good at PVP) but I was impressed with the guy's honor.

Xux

I like they talk about
missing items
and then rush through the
Old House

Also, hearing about that
of
Woolie's childhood
warms my heart.

I like the dissonance between the PE2 and RE7 playthrough in which Pat complains about backtracking in the former and applauds it for being done in the latter.

joe2187

Banned
Liam is playing 2D Anime Resident Evil horror lite game "Pale moon crisis", which is basically "faux Resident evil Hentai" the game.

It is the definition of Liam bait.

Top Bottom