• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

explodet

The Conan the Adventurer cartoon is simultaneously incredibly stupid bullshit and better than it has any right to be.

EDIT: Also, there's something to be said about coasting through Minecraft Story Mode and using an Xbone Elite controller to play it.

Fat4all

Banned
Matt seemed pretty into it this podcast, too bad he might not be in next week's cast.

That "cup of green" moment is the best part of any proper vacation.

Strimei

Hunter x Hunter is so firmly in the category of shit they're wrong about. I've been going through the 2011 show and am nearly done with Chimera Ant and it's been fantastic.

I'm going to be honest, I've been watching the show on Toonami and I'm still kinda eh.

I mean, its not bad, but thus far I've not really clicked with it. Gon vs. Hisoka in that arena thing was decent but its still just kinda meandering, I feel.

As an aside, my friend and I (who watch the show at the same time and snark on it and other stuff) went nuts about how Wing just COULDN'T FUCKING TUCK HIS SHIRT IN.

...until the very last scene he showed up and it was tucked in. Bravo~

Anyway, we're sticking with it, if nothing else, but its not done much to wow me. I read the manga up to the next arc (Yorknew) so I know a bit of what's coming and maybe this'll improve for us.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Kay when people talk about why HxH is good, they always mean the chimera ant arc which is god damn amazing. Some of the best in anime and amazingly enough, also besy in anime. But to get to that HxH is such a slow burn in some regards and so weird in others. If you don't feel like sticking through it, i get it, but no there is some cool shit at the end.

Moaradin

People also talk about the Yorknew arc, which is also often considered one of the greatest shonen arcs. It's only like 40 episodes in the new anime, and the stuff before that point is also good and provides the foundation for the rest of the show. I think the slow burn is greatly exaggerated.

It doesn't take 40 episodes for it to become a good show. It takes 40 episodes for it to go from good to great. And by the time the Chimera Ant arc is going on, it's legendary.

FlowersisBritish

People also talk about the Yorknew arc, which is also often considered one of the greatest shonen arcs. It's only like 40 episodes in the new anime, and the stuff before that point is also good and provides the foundation for the rest of the show. I think the slow burn is greatly exaggerated.

It doesn't take 40 episodes for it to become a good show. It takes 40 episodes for it to go from good to great. And by the time the Chimera Ant arc is going on, it's legendary.

I dunno, I liked the Yorknew arc, but it wasn't really my favorite, lot of really excellent moments, but there are excellent moments in a lot of things. Then we come to Greed Island which takes for fucking ever to really go anywhere(combined with how weird the initial premise actually is) though its last half is fucking crazy.

Goldboy

I'm going to be honest, I've been watching the show on Toonami and I'm still kinda eh.

I mean, its not bad, but thus far I've not really clicked with it. Gon vs. Hisoka in that arena thing was decent but its still just kinda meandering, I feel.

As an aside, my friend and I (who watch the show at the same time and snark on it and other stuff) went nuts about how Wing just COULDN'T FUCKING TUCK HIS SHIRT IN.

...until the very last scene he showed up and it was tucked in. Bravo~

Anyway, we're sticking with it, if nothing else, but its not done much to wow me. I read the manga up to the next arc (Yorknew) so I know a bit of what's coming and maybe this'll improve for us.

I can't guarantee you'll grow to like it, but as someone else who initially wasn't wowed by Hunter x Hunter and thought it was a bit overrated, it gets way better during the Yorknew City arc. My opinion turned around a bit during Yorknew City, and it eventually became my favorite anime of all time.

Not to talk it up too much or anything, but there's definitely a jump in quality down the road.

sjay1994

RE7 Part 7: Pats inability to recognize when a boss fight is happening and his reluctance to shoot them is so fucking weird.

Also
Holy shit man. Who looks at the lantern for a millisecond then turns around? He missed Marguerite's spider arm reaching for it and pulling it away.

Super Best Friends Thread 19: Hunter X Hunter |OT|

:p

More like Hunter Ecks Hunter

Oh god, I never watch LP's of games I've played, but I beat Resi 7 today and I get why people get so worked up. Although, I'm not going to chastise them for making mistakes I didn't ;D

Also
Holy shit man. Who looks at the lantern for a millisecond then turns around? He missed Marguerite's spider arm reaching for it and pulling it away.

I just finished the game today, starting from where they are now, and did the same thing :D I heard the noise and looked up like he did, thinking she was above not below. It's good that they give the player a second chance to see her before the fight though!

Frimaire

What was the thing Pat missed in the supply room where he got the grenade launcher.
I assume it wasn't too important.
I thought for sure he was gonna see it when he turned around and looked at it again, but I guess not...

Strimei

Pat: "I'd blow a guy for a hundred grand."
Paige: "You'd blow a guy for a hundred grand?"
Pat: "I can buy a house, I'm providing for our future!"

I love these two, seriously.

Xux

Dark Souls LP:
Aw, we have to wait to see Woolie get punched in the face by a big mushroom boy.

Fat4all

Banned
Their back and forth is fantastic

Its-Always-Sunny-in-Philadelphia-S12E03-2a2d1dceb03a11042247633b329c8500-thumb.jpg

Frimaire

Damn, you guys are crazy, 100k would cover 4 years of school with plenty to spare.
Life changing amount of money.
Hell, I'd do it for 10k...

Damn, you guys are crazy, 100k would cover 4 years of school with plenty to spare.
Life changing amount of money.
Hell, I'd do it for 10k...

C'mon you guys and Pat are selling yourselves way too high

I'm not trying to get a deal out of this or anything...

Strimei

I was always so suspect of Mike showing back up at this point in Until Dawn. I thought the whole mimicry thing of the
wendigos
meant more than just sounds.

Pat's need to face tank everything is kind of killing RE7 for me. It's like he's trying to speed run the game or something.

Matt on another vacation next week lol

This surprises you guys still?

I noticed it a while ago and people just thought I was being crazy.

Anung

Un Rama
RE7 Part 7 - Ahhh so we're aren't getting an RE classic tier LP and are in fact getting a Soma tier LP. Fuck.

Double Blinds are horrible.

joe2187

Banned
I'm having a delightful time watching Pat use up all the burner fuel.

I'm really happy they didn't try a harder difficulty let me tell you what.

The game tells you specifically the burner fuel is for margerite and the bugs....

"What should I do!?"

proceeds to waste all shotgun ammo on bugs, flail around WITH THE FLAMETHROWER IN YOUR HAND as she attacks you.

Strimei

Oh like actually? I didn't see that either but maybe that was on the description of the parts that they didn't show off for long.

I watched the Scary Game Squad guys use it on a number of enemies and it didn't really seem to do much to them (like the molded). I mean, it did damage, to be sure, but the things didn't really react to being on fire and so kept coming, whereas at least with headshots you'd make them stumble and pause.

edit: Oooh, DS1 part 23:
Lautrec strikes!

Matt on the beach drunk yelling at kids from Kansas about his Predator statue is the Matt I fell in love with. I don't want to hear another word from the Matt who shotgunned all of Downton Abbey.

You stop growing up, sir. Grow back down.

FlowersisBritish

Matt on the beach drunk yelling at kids from Kansas about his Predator statue is the Matt I fell in love with. I don't want to hear another word from the Matt who shotgunned all of Downton Abbey.

You stop growing up, sir. Grow back down.

You know what did it? I'll tell you what did it. I've seen it did it a thousand times! His taste in shows, the way he smiles, the constant vacations... you know what all those things have in common? HIS WIFE!!! Never get married, women ruin everything.

What do you even need them for? Blowjobs? As we established above, any of us fine thread goers would do it for a reasonable price. Love? The only love you need is video games and alcoholism. Someone to snuggle up next to at night? Don't be a pussy.

#JointheMRA

Don't actually join the MRA. They are really terrible and nothing loses the trust of women faster than saying 'let me tell you about men's rights!'

Edit: Just saw the newest DSLP, and aw yeah! 1) We going spear all the way here bitches :p Also, someone should mention two handing then switching is of course a thing to Woolie. Kinda surprised I haven't been seeing more of it actually. It would super up his damage rates. 2) Woolie's anger at losing Firelink is great 3) Fuck yeah! Hopefully he pumps his pyromancer flame enough to get some REAL pyromancy 4) The red bird guy's set is great and reminded me I'm so sad Woolie is forced to play with Pat who is such a boring souls player. I want some fashion souls god damn it!

Zocano

Man there are some salty motherfuckers about the pace that Woolie is playing at.

I'd take this style of playthrough a thousand times over the trash that was Dark Souls 3. Pat has no self control and it ruined that LP in a lot of ways. More snailborne, pls.

sjay1994

I watched the Scary Game Squad guys use it on a number of enemies and it didn't really seem to do much to them (like the molded). I mean, it did damage, to be sure, but the things didn't really react to being on fire and so kept coming, whereas at least with headshots you'd make them stumble and pause.

edit: Oooh, DS1 part 23:
Lautrec strikes!

Once you leave the old house, the flamethrower is literally useless. Its only good for bugs and to not waste ammo
getting mutated margareute to stop laying nests

Strimei

You know, this dumpster fire of an LP would actually go a bit faster if they just chose the "..." dialogue option instead of letting the timer run out.

hupla

Man the YT comments on bestfriends videos are like, significantly worse than even normal YT comments. They are just so memey and masturbatory in such an odd way, the ones for DS are particularly bad with people mad they can't fap to the Quelaag cutscene yet

Numb

Man there are some salty motherfuckers about the pace that Woolie is playing at.

I'd take this style of playthrough a thousand times over the trash that was Dark Souls 3. Pat has no self control and it ruined that LP in a lot of ways. More snailborne, pls.

There is always a complaint when Woolie plays
It can about anything

Top Bottom