• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

lybertyboy said:
I know. I wish we could've gotten a higher bitrate feed, but better this than nothing. :D

I'm not really complaining, hell you guys are the only ones that have got anything movie wise from this event.

Luckyman said:
Sony lineup Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP for 08? :lol

This is the year of the PS3. :lol :lol
well theres also mgs4, wipeout, socom, yakuza3, valkyria, motorstorm2, siren and your 3rd party multiplatforms ;)

iceatcs

Yeah 15 mins Killzone 2,
The others going to piss with those gifs.

Also OH SHIT R2 video.
Better than Crysis in forest light effect? Damn I need HD first before judge it.

Firewire

Banned
Blimblim said:
Snoopers just called, 15 minutes of KZ2 footage coming up in a few hours :)

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

OMG!

k79

Banned
Note to self:

Always skip the conference and just check back later for all the direct-feed/off-screen vids and impressions.

I could've gotten 5% more tan by sitting in the sun for the last 1.5 hrs :lol

That said , cant wait for the KZ2 vids on Gamersyde :D

Dante

Mirror's Edge looked cool, but the movements looked very heavily automated. I hope there is some challnge to flying through those enviornments.

tha_con

Banned
Anyone else notice the 'glow' some of the players get in the R2 video? It's a human player, but it looks nearly identical to 'rage mode'.

Happens around the 1:03 mark.

Also, anyone notice the shielded turrets? Look very very cool.

pr0cs

I like the colors of Mirrors edge but everything else seemed sort of meh, it's still early days so hopefully that will improve. Combat looked weak (what little was shown), character models seemed really low-poly and bland and the animation was clunky for both the main character and NPCs.
The game is likely miles away so hopefully they can clean it up.

Firewire

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Can I just reiterate that Home received no mention whatsoever, Europe will be lucky to see this by August 09.

Kaz mentioned it, saying he'll bring it out when he's happy with it.

tha_con said:
Anyone else notice the 'glow' some of the players get in the R2 video? It's a human player, but it looks nearly identical to 'rage mode'.

Happens around the 1:03 mark.

Also, anyone notice the shielded turrets? Look very very cool.

It's been "rumored" that all of the soldiers in Hale's unit also have a resistance to the chimera virus similar to Hale. If some of them have different abilities of the chimera co-op will be even more epic.

Soroc

I might get hung for saying this, but after watching both crappy quality vids....

I think Resistance 2 is going to end up looking better than Killzone 2.

There I said it, have at me GAF! :lol :lol

WinFonda

KZ2, R2, and Mirror's Edge all look a fuck-ton of amazing. People who say one looks better than the other, or one is less impressive than the other are just haters or blind fanboys.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Soroc said:
I might get hung for saying this, but after watching both crappy quality vids....

I think Resistance 2 is going to end up looking better than Killzone 2.

There I said it, have at me GAF! :lol :lol

I came in here to post the exact opposite... I finally checked out R2 guys... sorry the environments looked great, but the animations are SHIT. The heavy guys looked kinda lousy, everything looked like R1ish. Killzone 2 takes the crown no doubt.

That EA game is pretty average looking but the so called art is a breath of fresh air.
Looks good, but K2 is still by far and away the most Visually impressive Console Video Game which has been shown, and it will probably remain the most impressive looking game when it launches.
Good show by Sony, I was hoping to see more of Wo and Motorstorm and a surprise Wo2097 PSN Classic update in anticipation for HD.
Ohh well.
Enjoy.

Midas

msdstc said:
I came in here to post the exact opposite... I finally checked out R2 guys... sorry the environments looked great, but the animations are SHIT. The heavy guys looked kinda lousy, everything looked like R1ish. Killzone 2 takes the crown no doubt.

S-I-X months away...

Firewire

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
So, late 2009 then!

:lol

Well I doubt that.

When Phill was running it, he wanted it out bare bones with the features patched in eventually, Kaz it seems only wants it out when everything is done. I think we will see it out late this year like they mentioned recently, personally I agree with Kaz's approach.

Top Bottom