• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

Frenck

Banned
cameltoe said:
Mirror's Edge looks lame, KZ2 looks amazing!

Black & White gaming ftw?

Isn't it exactly the same stuff they've shown before. It certainly looks the same with the same environments and color scheme.

There isn't even an HD vid yet :lol

cameltoe

Frenck said:
At least explain what is supposed to be so amazing about this:

killzone-grab.gif

Not even remotely GIF worthy. Is there some hidden significance to the storyline?

You guys and your Killzone.

Those animations are top notch!

Frenck

Banned
The Chef said:
Hidden significance to the storyline? o_O

I didn't play Liberation. I thought that dude might be a character from Liberation.

The bridge explosion is way more GIF worthy than that random bit.

batbeg

What the hell happened to his voice in the Resistance video?! :lol

Resistance 2 looks great :D I didn't think the first game was that good looking to be honest, but even from this crappy quality I'm happier with this. Very promising looking, I think.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Datrio said:
Okay, am I getting this right? The MGS4 bundle is a NORMAL 40GB console with the game? No gunmetal color, no extra controllers, nothing?

I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow

In the US, it's an 80GB.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Once again not trying to downplay mirrors edge here... and I know it sounds Bias, I'm just on the KZ side of things here. The amount going on in that trailer is jsut astounding.

The animations are very nice... I saw one guys helmet fly off
The amount of explosions and physics was ridiculous
the character models look incredible
the level of immersion was fantastic

Mirrors edge looked really nice too... the environments look great... that being said there's not much going on at all. Character models just look bizarre, I can't explain it, but her encounters with them look lame. The animations of her sliding look EXTREMELY exagerated, for a game going for its effect it needs to be spot on. The music sounds amaizng though, and the environments are very nice. Not much goin on at all though. Hyped, but not getting the hype of you guys.

The Chef

Frenck said:
I didn't play Liberation. I thought that dude might be a character from Liberation.

The bridge explosion is way more GIF worthy than that random bit.

I tried to make a gif of the bridge but the quality in that part is just way too bad. Need an HD version asap

Raist said:
Ok nevermind, the bitrate is even WORSE than KZ2's video. Can't see shit :(

Yeah the beginning shot of the forest looked great but thats about the only shot that was going slow enough that I could make out wtf was happening.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yes this conference is amounting to some footage! Once agian I don't understand that whole June 13th thing... we'll definitely get footage out of this.

batbeg

msdstc said:
Mirrors edge looked really nice too... the environments look great... that being said there's not much going on at all. Character models just look bizarre, I can't explain it, but her encounters with them look lame. The animations of her sliding look EXTREMELY exagerated, for a game going for its effect it needs to be spot on. The music sounds amaizng though, and the environments are very nice. Not much goin on at all though. Hyped, but not getting the hype of you guys.

I'd say the opposite. Her pants don't even seem to flap about as she slides, and her legs are static. I want exaggerated movements, her legs moving around and stuff. I don't get the animation appraisal so far, because her hands seem to come up to the same point in the camera consistently - look at her right hand with the red glove, once she hits her running speed it comes up the exact same distance every time.

IMO, Ico/SOTC animation > this :( I love exaggerated movements.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
batbeg said:
I'd say the opposite. Her pants don't even seem to flap about as she slides, and her legs are static. I want exaggerated movements, her legs moving around and stuff. I don't get the animation appraisal so far, because her hands seem to come up to the same point in the camera consistently - look at her right hand with the red glove, once she hits her running speed it comes up the exact same distance every time.

IMO, Ico/SOTC animation > this :( I love exaggerated movements.

I agree about the hands... it looks really unnatural, I said that earlier. As for the exaggerated sliding I don't think you got what i was saying. It looked like she was on as, and her legs stay 100% still... that's one reason I'm not getting the hype. That plus the encounters look awful.

batbeg

msdstc said:
I agree about the hands... it looks really unnatural, I said that earlier. As for the exaggerated sliding I don't think you got what i was saying. It looked like she was on as, and her legs stay 100% still... that's one reason I'm not getting the hype. That plus the encounters look awful.

Oh, then we're in agreement :lol I thought you were saying the opposite.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Chef said:
Quality isn't great but still awesome

killzone-bridge.gif

People are saying they don't get the hype?! I'm one of the "none believers" Of them meeting the render, but that explosion looks DAMN GOOD. Seriously mind blown.

tha_con

Banned
Even with the shitty quality, that R2 footage has me EXTREMELY excited.

The setting of that stage owns.

Oh, and for you CoD psycho's, experience points now confirmed for R2.

Top Bottom