• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

Frenck

Banned
Mirror's Edge actually seems to have animations on the same level of quality as the scripted ones in the original CG Killzone 2 trailer. DICE rules.

Sony should've bought them instead of Guerilla :lol

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Jeseus said:
summary:

delayed.png
:lol

Unfortunately that´s about it.

KZ2 looked FUCKING ORGASMIC even at that resolution. Bright daylight time, woot :D

Mirror´s Edge looked very colorful, and... that´s it. I´m not impressed, didn´t like it.

Frenck said:
Mirror's Edge actually seems to have animations on the same level of quality as the scripted ones in the original CG Killzone 2 trailer. DICE rules.

Dude now your just sounding nuts.

antiloop said:
Why no MGS4? Kojima, what are you doing?

Should be playable at the show.

Are you serious no more MGS the game comes out in a little over a month man.

Dunlop

pswii60 said:
Why do we always set ourselves up for disappointment? :/

has there ever actually been a gaming event that Gaf didn't overhype and then just cringe with disapointment after?

rager said:
Mirrors edge looks cool, but I question the gameplay. Hopefully they will nail the mechanics right so It doesnt suck.

I agree. It looks really cool, but the game will end up being either revolutionary and awesome or meh IMO. If they don't nail the feeling of those jumps in first person, it is going to be a weird PoP knock off.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Frenck said:

What ???

No way. It has good animations, and that´s it.

Love the brightness and cleanliness of the Mirrors Edge, but they need to add some dynamic camera changes or something..it feels too odd doing all that stuff in first person looking at your feet and thighs.
Really like the idea of the game though.

Killzones looking sick visually as expected..the mo-cap is a what helps it the most I think.

Frenck

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Dude now your just sounding nuts.

Are you serious no more MGS the game comes out in a little over a month man.

Look at the smooth camera movement and the hand animations. I don't think I've ever seen something that impressive.

And you guys blow your loads over mohawk guy giving some dude a helping hand, that's nuts. What is supposed to be impressive about that?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jeez even at that resolution Killzone looks great... I don't get the negativity about that? I think with a years more polish it'll look incredible.

JoeMartin

Mirror's Edge looks nice.

If it controls remotely well it looks like it'll be an orgasmic extension of Crackdown platforming bliss.

womfalcs3

Banned
Luckyman said:
Sony lineup Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP for 08? :lol

This is the year of the PS3. :lol :lol

What about SOCOM: Confrontation, WipEout HD, MGS4, GT5P, and Haze?

They're in 2008.

batbeg

I don't get the Mirror's Edge splooging. I've watched it three times now and it just does nothing for me at all. The music is awesome but the gameplay looks boring and there's some weird things that bug me (some light reflections don't move with your head, her pants don't even move when she's sliding down there).

Do people just like the style/concept, or am I missing something?

Dunlop said:
has there ever actually been a gaming event that Gaf didn't overhype and then just cringe with disapointment after?

Sony E3 last year was pretty fuck-awesome, I'd say.

Tideas

Banned
Jade Knight 08 said:
I thought it's going to be 80GB PS 3 that bundled with MGS 4 not 40GB with no bc support on it.

What a rip off, IMHO!

where did you ever get that notion? The 40gb is the only sku in Europe. They're NOT going to introduce a new one.

btw, would you willing to pay an extra $100 for it? I'm sure the rest of Europe doesn't.

Roxas

Jade Knight 08 said:
I thought it's going to be 80GB PS 3 that bundled with MGS 4 not 40GB with no bc support on it.

What a rip off, IMHO!

Why would you think that? Europe has been 40GB only for ages now.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I don't get why SCEE is putting one single screenshot per game online on their press site. And then some games don't even have any, like Motorstorm 2...

Frenck said:
Look at the smooth camera movement and the hand animations. I don't think I've ever seen something that impressive.

And you guys blow your loads over mohawk guy giving some dude a helping hand, that's nuts. What is supposed to be impressive about that?

Wow sorry man just not feeling you.

Top Bottom