• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Basil

Banned
Personally I'm happy because I know at least one Sony employee can see value in the Vita. To be honest, I don't really care what it is, unless it's a JRPG, I'm buying it.

JRPGs can occasionally be good too! Not so often these days mind, but eh...

Believe me, I'm glad there's at least a steady stream of games coming on the digital end of things for the Vita seemingly thanks to this dude's pimping alone, but the retail card situation is frustratingly fucked right now (I would be happy if we even just got the Namco Bandai titles that are already out in Japan for the thing). I'm just not gonna get my hopes up here.

How could this possibly be anything other than a dramatic disappointment, I don't know. The fuck is the point of these announcements of maybe announcements? To troll us? Validate this guys job?

How could this possibly be anything other than a dramatic disappointment, I don't know. The fuck is the point of these announcements of maybe announcements? To troll us? Validate this guys job?

To an extent I agree, most people get way too hyped about some of these things and ultimately put themselves in such a fever that they can only be disappointed. That said Shahid has been awesome at getting games and is very plugged into what fans want, and so with a grain a salt this is exciting.

Corto

I just wanted to have a time frame of reveal. I guess it's better if it's soon so the hype doesn't deflate.

To an extent I agree, most people get way too hyped about some of these things and ultimately put themselves in such a fever that they can only be disappointed. That said Shahid has been awesome at getting games and is very plugged into what fans want, and so with a grain a salt this is exciting.

The likelyhood of this being a game I

1. Actually care about
2. Can only play on the Vita

is fucking nil, I imagine.

Personally I'm happy because I know at least one Sony employee can see value in the Vita. To be honest, I don't really care what it is, unless it's a JRPG, I'm buying it.

I picture you writing all of your posts with one hand. The other hand with a foam Vita #1 glove on it raised high above your head. I love your love for the platform. I also love it when my dog tries to take my cat's food, despite the cat always slapping him away with her claws. He never stops trying.

Persona86

Banned
I picture you writing all of your posts with one hand. The other hand with a foam Vita #1 glove on it raised high above your head. I love your love for the platform. I also love it when my dog tries to take my cat's food, despite the cat always slapping him away with her claws. He never stops trying.

Put that on youtube.

The likelyhood of this being a game I

1. Actually care about
2. Can only play on the Vita

is fucking nil, I imagine.

Like I said in an earlier post, it is impossible to appeal to everyone, especially when people get super hyped. What may actually appeal to you, may not to many others even if that game is as big as Grand Theft Auto or Bioshock or insert major game _______

Like I said in an earlier post, it is impossible to appeal to everyone, especially when people get super hyped. What may actually appeal to you, may not to many others even if that game is as big as Grand Theft Auto or Bioshock or insert major game _______

My tastes are quite broad, actually, I just think this is going to be a hopeless flop. Remember how great AC-Vita and CoD Declassified were? Oh yeah. Big gets.

If it's yet another indie game, I'm gonna roll my eyes so hard that they might pop out of my head. I want real game announcments. I want more games to push the Vita tech to it's limits! Not these indie games that can run on a phone 10 years ago.

^^^^^^^Not only did you not read the OP, you didn't even read the full topic title.

My tastes are quite broad, actually, I just think this is going to be a hopeless flop. Remember how great AC-Vita and CoD Declassified were? Oh yeah. Big gets.

I thought Liberation was good, definitely room for improvement.

Skyzard

Banned
If it's yet another indie game, I'm gonna roll my eyes so hard that they might pop out of my head. I want real game announcments. I want more games to push the Vita tech to it's limits! Not these indie games that can run on a phone 10 years ago.

Hah, what phone did you have 10 years ago?

Dragon

Banned

Have you played either game? I haven't played Declassified but AC:L on Vita sold okay and was a respectable game.

SmokyDave

JRPGs can occasionally be good too! Not so often these days mind, but eh...

Believe me, I'm glad there's at least a steady stream of games coming on the digital end of things for the Vita seemingly thanks to this dude's pimping alone, but the retail card situation is frustratingly fucked right now (I would be happy if we even just got the Namco Bandai titles that are already out in Japan for the thing). I'm just not gonna get my hopes up here.
I know what you mean. I'm going to buy whatever I can for this bad boy for as long as it lives, but if I'm honest, I can count the retail games I'm excited for on the finger of one hand.

Until a better handheld comes along, I'll take what I'm given.

One day, that dog's gonna eat. When he does, it'll be the finest meal he ever tasted.

I actually have two Vita gloves, I dictate my shit.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
With this being the 15 year anniversary of Gran Turismo, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a PS Vita Gran Turismo.

DigitalOp

Banned

Dont ever change sammy lol

For me, everything put to the side. It's just a great friggin piece of hardware. When you get a brand new one in your hands, its awesome. I really have enjoyed mine since Day 1.

Whether it dies or not, I know I got IMO the best handheld hardware in arms reach.

It would be a shame to see it die early

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
How much of a second wind do you think the Vita will get as a complimentary device for the PS4? I'm sure there'll be a price drop about then.

Afrit

Gran Turismo 6.

ScreenHunter_02May110003.jpg

It's not a port, so it can be 'GT Vita' but not 'GT6 port'.

edit:
an "amazing big title" and "Not indie & not a port", so it has to be from a proven franchise, a spin-off or main entry.

Or it could be Sony going insane and GT6 is somehow exclusive to the Vita. Now that would be really strange.
Hot Shots Golf 6 is the only Sony-published game that was given official "sequel" status rather than being labeled as a spin-off, so if any division is crazy enough to do that, it'd be SCEJ.

Spiegel

Multiplatform releases are not ports. That shouldn't rule GT6 out.

The common denomination for port is "game released on a platform certain time after the game has been released on the original platform"

Gadirok

Gran Turismo most likely.

I hope its as fun as PSASBR multiplayer. I need another game with tons of replayability and really want a RDR, Infamous 2, or GTA open world kinda MP game on the vita.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm going with Minecraft or GT Vita.

Edit: They said not indie, so no Minecraft I guess.

Oersted

Have you played either game? I haven't played Declassified but AC:L on Vita sold okay and was a respectable game.

Well, it is pretty much common sense that both are, well, not really living up to their name. And saleswise, yes, AC: L sold pretty well for a Vita title.

Yopis

Feel the same they are losing me and Ive had the system since launch. Why can they never talk about anything. Always some ( oh just wait garbage).

Top Bottom