• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Takao

Banned
If you guys want to talk about the latest Shahid tweets, maybe open a new thread or post about it in the Vita thread 'cause I'm tired of reading "Borderlands 2" as people respond to the original topic.

CaptainMoose

Neo Member
I have no intention of getting a Vita (at least any time soon) but he even pisses me off. Damn this dude is such a hype. I get that he's like a PR guy but he's a troll about it.

Shahid is at it again. According to his tweet, he proposed a deal on bringing one of the most requested games to the Vita.

lb0n2Jk.png

When is he going to stop?

I guess you're right. He never actually said when we were going to see this amazing title.

As far as I know, the game that's referred to in the thread title still hasn't been publicly announced, so I don't know why folks are acting all betrayed and lied to.

I have no intention of getting a Vita (at least any time soon) but he even pisses me off. Damn this dude is such a hype. I get that he's like a PR guy but he's a troll about it.

1. Not a PR guy at all.
2. He's just talking about his job and is super enthusiastic about it. There's zero harm except to the people that love to over hype the shit out of everything.

Sony's European branch is going to march right over to Japan, head directly into Capcom's offices, demand an audience with the Tsujimoto family, then make them wait years for the SCEJA to exhibit signs of life.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Can we get the game this thread was created for first? Or at least find out what it is?

I highly doubt so. He is going to just keep the hype there for the vita

Its something like the pandora box. The trick is to keep the curiosity going by hyping it and not revealing what it is.

Takao

Banned

Its something like the pandora box. The trick is to keep the curiosity going by hyping it and not revealing what it is.

For someone who seemingly doesn't own a Vita you certainly make a big deal of talking about it.

khaaan

As far as I know, the game that's referred to in the thread title still hasn't been publicly announced, so I don't know why folks are acting all betrayed and lied to.
You're right, but I guess people (including me) are upset because the assumption is that if you're hyping something on a hurting system (especially when we first got the tweet) you aren't going to leave the relatively tiny fanbase hanging for so long.

Prelude.

Or maybe games don't come out the moment a deal is signed and you (but I don't think you even care) just have to wait.
Shahid's mistake was just announcing it so early.

Developer Relations, not Public Relations.

It's similar but not quite. He's a manager of SCEE's Business Development group, which is specifically intended to sign games for Sony's platforms.

The problem with your theory is that he hasn't mentioned it in months, the hype you're talking about isn't from him at all, it's from the people that can't help but over hype the shit out of every fucking little tidbit of information they get.

For all we know, the game he signed had only just started development and is another 2-3 years from being released. This should be blatantly obvious if you just look at what his job entails, so the guessing game of what it is is pointless.

Developer Relations are more technical account managers and whatnot I believe, right?
At Sony, Developer Relations is that part of Third Party Relations that deals with indies on a day to day basis. Don't think Shahid's ever gone into the finer details of exactly how Buisness Development differs, but my impression is that it's more tasked with actively looking for games and developers they want on PlayStation platforms and offering them incentives and support to sign up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
At Sony, Developer Relations is that part of Third Party Relations that deals with indies on a day to day basis. Don't think Shahid's ever gone into the finer details of exactly how Buisness Development differs, but my impression is that it's more tasked with actively looking for games and developers they want on PlayStation platforms and offering them incentives and support to sign up.

Pretty sure they deal with more than just indies. I had an interview for a spot in that group once, didn't get the job though.

Pretty sure they deal with more than just indies. I had an interview for a spot in that group once, didn't get the job though.
What they've been saying in interviews is that Developer Relations deals with indies (and I guess maybe small publishers), while Publisher Relations deals with the big guys.

nacimento

What's the point with all the "gamers lobby for games, please!"? I thought that's the point of a platform holder, to get the game.
I mean, I would laugh histerically if Phil Spencer said "Please tweet Capcom for them to port Deep Down to the Xbone, please!"

What they've been saying in interviews is that Developer Relations deals with indies (and I guess maybe small publishers), while Publisher Relations deals with the big guys.

Their developer relations division has been around longer than they've had indie games on their systems, so no. And if you think about it, it makes no sense to split those two teams up if they basically do the same thing, helping developers.

Developer relations helps developers, AAA or indie, with any problems they have on their systems. Publisher relations deals with all the stuff that matters more on the publishing level (exclusive DLC deals, marketing and so on).

Faustek

What's the point with all the "gamers lobby for games, please!"? I thought that's the point of a platform holder, to get the game.
I mean, I would laugh histerically if Phil Spencer said "Please tweet Capcom for them to port Deep Down to the Xbone, please!"

Not really what happened.

He asked us which jrpg we wanted, we spoke, he started working/finding out how to get it on the system

And now we're here. Instead of smiling and being moderately happy that we're getting more games people have hyped if up to believing something like HL3/TLG would release on Vita.

Not saying its wrong to get hyped just saying everyone should chill.

SuluDance

Banned
1. Not a PR guy at all.
2. He's just talking about his job and is super enthusiastic about it. There's zero harm except to the people that love to over hype the shit out of everything.

Just because someone is enthusiastic about their job doesn't mean that they are necessarily good at their job.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Sony has been removing their pr layer and letting their people get out in front of the public. Having Shahid, Cerny, and others all fill a little of the pr role is much more palatable than the usually sleezeball with a script memorized.

Jesus, get off the guy's back already.

If there's anything to announce they're not going to announce it until they're ready, and if it was something we already know about, Shahid would probably have said so by now.

He seems like a decent guy, but he should probably watch what he says when he's teasing people... especially if (as has been speculated) what he was teasing here was something that was only just decided upon and is at least a year away from announcement.

Top Bottom