• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Burritoad

ScreenHunter_02May110003.jpg

Now Im really excited and curious

Soriku

If its MH Online, the tide of the war may change. At least in Japan.

Why would Japan choose that over MH4?

People hoping for a JRPG are setting themselves up for disappointment lol. No way a EU guy is going to hype up a new JRPG on Twitter.

LuuKyK

Its more than one game? Just one of them start with P right? (Persona?)

Anyway. Crazy prediction time:

The other could be Lightning Returns: FF XIII. Makes sense with the hours hint since the whole game is based on a countdown. The release schedule for SE for this year end is pretty crazy with a lot of HD re releases (KH, FFX, FFX-2) and they want to push XIV: RR as much as they can, and LR in the way could be a problem, marketing it for the Vita would make things much more convenient for them (also considering the sales expectations should not be sky high for the game to begin with, so it should be worth the risk). Also Sony always said its much easier now to port from PS3 to Vita.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe someone can ask if it's a Japanese title, a localization, and if it's from a third party.

sakipon

Phantasy Star Online 2 or Project Diva F localizations.

I really doubt a rhythm game would be described as spending hours with it. I know a lot of people do, but they are also easy to quit once a song ends. I just wouldn't say that universally.

PSO is a whole another thing and fits perfectly.

Soriku

Its more than one game? Just one of them start with P right? (Persona?)

Anyway. Crazy prediction time:

The other could be Lightning Returns: FF XIII. Makes sense with the hours hint since the whole game is based on a countdown. The release schedule for SE for this year end is pretty crazy with a lot of HD re releases (KH, FFX, FFX-2) and they want to push XIV: RR as much as they can, and LR in the way could be a problem, marketing it for the Vita would make things much more convenient for them (also considering the sales expectations should not be sky high for the game to begin with, so it should be worth the risk). Also Sony always said its much easier now to port from PS3 to Vita.

He's talking about actual hours you'll play a game, not that the game has to do with time lol. Plus I don't see what the Vita would add to the marketing. If SE had any plans for a LR Vita they would've announced it already. Like, at the same time when the game was announced.

LuuKyK

He's talking about actual hours you'll play a game, not that the game has to do with time lol. Plus I don't see what the Vita would add to the marketing. If SE had any plans for a LR Vita they would've announced it already. Like, at the same time when the game was announced.

Thats what he wants you to think. ;)

There is a reason why I called it a crazy prediction

Cha

Maybe a new AC title (Was the Rising Phoenix rumour debunked?)
I'd be happy with Gravity Rush2.

Always up for something totally new though :) Surprise me!

AmanoBuff

For anyone wondering which title starts with a "P", that one is an indie game he was referring to previoisly and HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT IN QUESTION.

This has been asked (and clarified) several times already.

ReaperXL7

He said that it start with P? What big IPs start with P? I really can't think of anything.

No the game that starts with a P is a different game that in his words will make people say "Wow, and/or WTF?". The game that this thread is about is something else.

Tony Clark (Shahids Boss) was joking about fainting, and Blacking out when he saw the news in email, so its likely not comng fom SCEE because Tony, and Shahid would not have found out about this game in an email if that were the case since they are the guys responsible for third party/indie recruitment for that region.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Final Fantasy Tictacs
The Blue Dragon 2
Breath of Fire: Vita
The 3rd Birthday 2
Megaman Legends 3 : REVITALIZED / REVENGEANCE
Lost Odyssey 2.
Shenmue 3

ReaperXL7

Have we ruled out God of War? Sony Santa Monica are teasing an E3 reveal of sonething after all.

he said he would not say the name of the game until Sony and their "partner" thought it was the right time to make the announcement, so more likely third party.

DiscoJer

Found it. He's probably referring to Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ising-phoenix-is-playstation-vita-game-report

That's what I thought when he said "hooked". At first I thought it was a fishing game, since they are in tight with Vlambeer, who have a game called Ridiculous Fishing that seems to be popular for reasons I don't grasp.

But when it was mentioned it's not an indie game, I thought perhaps the "hooked" was a pirate reference, as the next AC is about pirates.

CamHostage

I hope it's not just cross-buy titles. Those are good and all, but not really anything to get me excited about the system. I've never once played a cross-buy game anywhere other than my PS3.

See, I'm a different type of game consumer, one that I hope has viability if Sony continues to struggle with unique software budgeting, because I have never once played a cross-buy game anywhere other than my PS Vita...

The type of gamer you are, the one that wants exclusive games for each platform and prefers your games on the couch (and don't get me wrong, I love being you a lot of the time,) we're seeing for the second generation in a row that this just might not be a viable market for Sony. This already proved a struggle with PSP, despite having unique GTA and FF and KH and GT and AC and GoW and MGS and CoD. (Side note: its its runaway blockbuster in Japan, Monster Hunter, was all enhanced versions/remixes of previous games.) The market has only gotten more brutal since then.

The type of gamer I am, the one that just wants good games and doesn't always want to think about the platform unless the platform matters to the game (examples: MH or Pokemon as train-games, New Super Mario U as an on-the-couch multiplayer game, Boktai as a unique gadget experiment,) that might be a market for Sony. (It could also be a mire that sucks them down for good.) 90% of the games out there, those of us like me, we don't care where we play them, we just want to play them. And me in particular, I like playing them on my portable screen outside or in bed or on a train. Give me a gripping, emotional. sensory-overload experience like Beyond:Two Souls or Bioshock and I'll give it the perfect home setting, and same for something like Sports Champions and Red Steel at home or Zelda:Four Swords or T@G, I'll give the same special room to play. But your FPSes and your RTSes and your MMOs, your Minecrafts and your Lumineses and your PSOs and your LBPs and your TMs and your MKs and your Tokyo Jungles and your Guacamelees and your Motorstorms and on and on, those I would want to play anywhere if given the option, it doesn't matter so long as they're just fun.

That idea, that one might be buying just "a PlayStation" rather than a specific PlayStation console and then also a PlayStation console and each needs individual games to feed its interest, that's my market. That seems to be a market Sony is looking at with careful optimism. The very first thing Sony showed with its PlayStation 4 unveiling was the PS4 game Knack, and then basically the very second thing Sony showed was Knack streaming from PS4 to PS Vita. That's very interesting to me. It means I can buy a whole lot of "PlayStation games" and play them however I like to play them (assuming the streaming is tons faster than PS3 remote play... I actually haven't tried it much but I hear PS3-to-Vita alone is tons faster than PSP.) Cross-buy has already meant that for a ton of games, and has helped my Vita become my go-to gaming system while my consoles collect dust. Whether there's a lot of others like me, where there's a market to tap there, or whether it's another snipe hunt for Sony, that's a big question.

DBT85

See, I'm a different type of game consumer, one that I hope has viability if Sony continues to struggle with unique software budgeting, because I have never once played a cross-buy game anywhere other than my PS Vita...

The type of gamer you are, the one that wants exclusive games for each platform and prefers your games on the couch (and don't get me wrong, I love being you a lot of the time,) we're seeing for the second generation in a row that this just might not be a viable market for Sony. This already proved a struggle with PSP, despite having unique GTA and FF and KH and GT and AC and GoW and MGS and CoD. (Side note: its its runaway blockbuster in Japan, Monster Hunter, was all enhanced versions/remixes of previous games.) The market has only gotten more brutal since then.

The type of gamer I am, the one that just wants good games and doesn't always want to think about the platform unless the platform matters to the game (examples: MH or Pokemon as train-games, New Super Mario U as an on-the-couch multiplayer game, Boktai as a unique gadget experiment,) that might be a market for Sony. (It could also be a mire that sucks them down for good.) 90% of the games out there, those of us like me, we don't care where we play them, we just want to play them. And me in particular, I like playing them on my portable screen outside or in bed or on a train. Give me a gripping, emotional. sensory-overload experience like Beyond:Two Souls or Bioshock and I'll give it the perfect home setting, and same for something like Sports Champions and Red Steel at home or Zelda:Four Swords or T@G, I'll give the same special room to play. But your FPSes and your RTSes and your MMOs, your Minecrafts and your Lumineses and your PSOs and your LBPs and your TMs and your MKs and your Tokyo Jungles and your Guacamelees and your Motorstorms and on and on, those I would want to play anywhere if given the option, it doesn't matter so long as they're just fun.

That idea, that one might be buying just "a PlayStation" rather than a specific PlayStation console and then also a PlayStation console and each needs individual games to feed its interest, that's my market. That seems to be a market Sony is looking at with careful optimism. The very first thing Sony showed with its PlayStation 4 unveiling was the PS4 game Knack, and then basically the very second thing Sony showed was Knack streaming from PS4 to PS Vita. That's very interesting to me. It means I can buy a whole lot of "PlayStation games" and play them however I like to play them (assuming the streaming is tons faster than PS3 remote play... I actually haven't tried it much but I hear PS3-to-Vita alone is tons faster than PSP.) Cross-buy has already meant that for a ton of games, and has helped my Vita become my go-to gaming system while my consoles collect dust. Whether there's a lot of others like me, where there's a market to tap there, or whether it's another snipe hunt for Sony, that's a big question.

I agree with your many words.

Yknow, I surely appreciate this guys notice of the thread and the harsh cynicism many of us are showing towards their claims. That being said, it makes my cynicism even deeper and more jaded and makes me feel as if this will somehow be even more disappointing than I originally anticipated. The idea that GT Vita could be the big reveal.

Oh wow, shocker. You got a first party developer to somehow make a Vita game? Wooow. What a get, what a scoop! I'm fucking STOKED over here for the game I assumed was coming eventually regardless of the platforms viability!

Top Bottom