• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't even give a shit about graphics. If it would not be half-assed (which is of course extremely unlikely) then it would be worth it and more.

If well made there's no real reason for it to be half-assed, remember that previous elder scrolls games run on very old hardwares, vita is way more powerful than them.

Iacobellis

So we won't know until E3?! :/

Yep, they'll probably reveal it like this:

blackops.jpg

Massa

Yep, they'll probably reveal it like this:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/06/blackops.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That game was revealed like that because it was one month into development at the time. Still, Sony announced the two big Vita third party games at their E3 press conference.

Afrit

So what we know
-Addictive, can play for hours a day
-Third party
-Not Indie

I am going to guess that it is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Stories. Shouldn't be hard to make. They can just reuse all the assets from the original. Also Rockstar has experience in making for making GTA on similar architecture as GTA3 and Vice City have released on iOS and Android before. Why do I think it is San Andreas Stories, because this is the cheapest and quickest way to get a big 3rd party exclusive on to the Vita (reusing assets, reusing engone from iOS/Android GTA's). GTA also fits the description of addictive and can play for hours wrecking havoc in the sandbox. Also with the release of GTA5, this is a good time to announce this as well. Another game it could be is Type 0 HD. Basically I am going to keep my expectations low, I beleive no 3rd party is going to release a big game exclusively on the Vita as it doesnt make financial sense. So games were they can reuse assets, HD ports and etc is where it makes sense (GTA San Andreas Stories, Final Fantasy Type 0 HD).

GTA San Andreas Stories seems plausible, but It can't be Type 0
https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/332916523662442496

Afrit

If it's true that fftype 0 has already some voice recordings then it's plausible that most of the texts are already localized, it could be published here with japanese voices and english texts, ff fans and almost everyone who wants it would buy it even without english voices.

I know I would, but as he said it's up to the publisher. I think Sony opt to moneyhat FFX/FFX-2 vita port instead.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I know I would, but as he said it's up to the publisher. I think Sony opt to moneyhat FFX/FFX-2 vita port instead.

But there are FFX and FFX-2 ports on Vita already. :p

ReaperXL7

Say what you want about the teaseing but Shahid seems like a stand up dude who cares about what hes doing:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/09/playstations-new-indie-focus

It pretty much comes off the same in his twitter feed, does not seem like he is being fake at this point.

I also hope this does not go sour on him, because its not contained in Gaf anymore:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/11/sony-employee-teases-amazing-big-title-for-vita

I dislike IGN for various reasons, but its not hard to understand that they probably have the most eyes on them on a regular basis for gaming news. I just wish we knew when to expect the announcement.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Then what is? Uncharted? CoD (lol)?

And yes, I'm playing SMT2 right now and I'd say calling Persona 4 mediocre would be me being nice.

I haven't played it, but let's say it's true that smt2 puts p4 in shame(i really doubt it), does this make of persona 4 a mediocre game? No and if p4 is a mediocre game then how do you call the other jrpgs?
Go troll somewhere else.

ReaperXL7

yeah, I mean moneyhated ports. Just look at the grin on Hashimoto's face. It has to be a hat full of money =P

Who knows, there are allot rumors floating around about some new Sony/SE partnership, who knows how much water it holds till E3 though.

Mileena

Banned
Uncharted, COD and AssassinsCreed sold much more. Even FIFA and LittleBigPlanet I guess.
But we don't have reliable numbers for P4G, FIFA and LBP, so its hard to say.
But Uncharted, COD and AC sold definitely much more than P4G.

82710856.jpg

Oh dear, this handheld is destined for more watered down console ports/spinoffs I suppose. Maybe it's a Last of Us prequel game.

Oh dear, this handheld is destined for more watered down console ports/spinoffs I suppose. Maybe it's a Last of Us prequel game.
You know what find funny about this dumb ass excuse to dismiss vita games, is that it somehow only applies to vita games, I wonder what we would classify 3DS games if we only ever compared them exclusively to home console games.

Why would SCEE exec hype a Japanese game?

You know what find funny about this dumb ass excuse to dismiss vita games, is that it somehow only applies to vita games, I wonder what we would classify 3DS games if we only ever compared them exclusively to home console games.

Good show! I dislike the hype deflating post you replied to, any Vita fan would.

AmanoBuff

EVERY main and handheld console has spinoffs and ports. Some spinoffs are great (Type-0, Dissidia come to mind). Now, about ports, if you consider MGS HD Collection, P4G or FF X/X-2 "watered-down" ports, then what would you call OoT and MGS 3 for 3DS?

Mileena

Banned

EVERY main and handheld console has spinoffs and ports. Some spinoffs are great (Type-0, Dissidia come to mind). Now, about ports, if you consider MGS HD Collection, P4G or FF X/X-2 "watered-down" ports, then what would you call OoT and MGS 3 for 3DS?

As opposed to what sells on Wii U: Nothing.

I love how you guys are bringing up Nintendo for some odd reason. If you guys are fine with the quality of games like CoD: BLACK OPS: Declassified, Uncharted: Touch Gimmicks and Assassins Creed 3: Liberate then why not just ignore my post? I didn't say anything untrue, the best selling games are spinoffs and ports. Some people like that and it's fine.

Takao

Banned
I would love to see the meltdown when the game fails to meet GAFs unrealistic expectations...

IMO think its plant vs zombies 2

Honestly, Sony killed my expectations for Vita announcement a long time ago so anything will probably just get a "Meh" response from me.

Top Bottom