• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

While I think Liberations was a better game than AC3, I'd prefer a Watch Dogs type spinoff. I'm done with the whole AC series for a while after I couldn't even finish AC3.

I'm done with the main console installments as well but I'd pick up another Vita spinoff. I'd just hope that it's similar to Liberation in that it just tells its own separate, smaller scale story, no shitty over-arching storyline or clusterfuck game design like the main games have turned into.

Director of Business Development at SCEE.

Or in other words, Shahid's boss.

Aleph

AGENT could be dealing with the Gravity Rush Ps3->PSV threatment?

That would be interesting... but the last time I heard of the game, an exec was explaining that the game was no longer PS3 exclusive, and was (is?) coming to the 360 too, which wouldn't justify a Vita release.

I do too. This is the tweet exchange that gives me hope.

eVpD3Ge.png

O-KAY!

I'm aboard the hype train now

its sims 4

I would generally like this, though not for it to be this clear MEGA SUPER TON game that Shahid is talking about

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I would generally like this, though not for it to be this clear MEGA SUPER TON game that Shahid is talking about

Getting a game from one of the bigger franchises in gaming isn't a mega super ton?

That said yeah I don't think this is it though given EA's stance on various platforms that are struggling. Vita won't even be getting Madden this year so shrug. A game from EA would be the last thing I would guess.

ReaperXL7

What would GAF's reaction be if it's another Assassins game?

It depends, if it were based on the pirate stuff, and was a quality game then I could get behind it. If it turns out like liberation i might not. I dont know who would freak out about another ass creed though unless they show some incredible gameplay.

If it has to be from ubisoft, then i would much rather a tie in for Far Cry, or Watch Dogs, or Rainbow Six. Far Cry the most.

kuroshiki

Guys for your sake don't board this hype train.

If it is Square Enix mentioning something about Vita then I will go all the way and DRIVE the hype train but...

don't do this to yourselves.

Duffyside

Banned
Guys for your sake don't board this hype train.

If it is Square Enix mentioning something about Vita then I will go all the way and DRIVE the hype train but...

don't do this to yourselves.

A person who has interest in a Square title at this point shouldn't be giving advice on when one should get hyped.

spannicus

Please let Final Fantasy die, oh and Monster Hunter coming to Vita die as well. That is all. ;) If its not Pinky Spot Leg Message Ultimate boob edition with trophies +, then I dont want anyone to have fun.

spannicus

Definition of Panopticon, . panopticon - a circular prison with cells distributed around a central surveillance station; proposed by Jeremy Bentham in 1791
prison, prison house - a correctional institution where persons are confined while on trial or for punishment.

Dude works for SCEE so is it safe to say this is probably a European developed title?

That would narrow things down to basically Rockstar and a few others.

CD Projekt is making a vita game. Done.

Or Crytek...or Epic...

I hope it's Epic, as they revealed a more fleshed out tech demo with Epic Citadel at the NGP reveal.

Now, if I'm going to go big with a guess and really paint this as a publisher who would turn heads - many heads:

Bethesda/Zenimax?

Takao

Banned
it's the take2 10:

- read dead revolution
- grand theft auto: san andreas stories
- xcom enemy unknown
- bully on the bus edition
- nba 2k
- bioshock declassified skies
- midnight club 2014
- grand theft auto anniversary collection
- max payne collection
- wwe 2k

unprecedented partnership

DiscoJer

Or Crytek...or Epic...

I hope it's Epic, as they revealed a more fleshed out tech demo with Epic Citadel at the NGP reveal.

Now, if I'm going to go big with a guess and really paint this as a publisher who would turn heads - many heads:

Bethesda/Zenimax?

People are really setting themselves up for disappointment.

If Sony didn't move to get Borderlands 2 when Gearbox was publicly making noise for it, when they haven't done anything to get Bioshock Vita even started despite announcing it, why do people think Sony will pull something great out of its hat?

Even if it gets announced, there is a good chance it will never actually happen. We saw this with the PSP - Devil May Cry PSP, Resident Evil PSP, The Elder Scrolls PSP, and we've seen it with the Vita and Bioshock PSP.

Not to mention the lesson of the original Gran Turismo PSP. Announce it at the launch of the system, dick around for what, 5 years, then shove out a half-assed port of GT4 minus the career mode.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Shahid, you're terribly good at hyping the unknown, I'll give you that.
More jRPGs :D

Duffyside

Banned
I hope Sony is smart enough to know by now that if they're going to put the Vita on the back burner for E3, they better say so way in advance. You don't want a repeat of last year's "what the hell happened to the Vita?" thing.

What they should do though, other than having the balls to bring it to E3, is do an event two weeks prior. Vita Purgatory 3.

Anyone remember the Vita Game Heaven 2 conference from a few months ago? So much hype and anticipation there. Absolutely nothing new was announced.

I totally agree. No offense to you Shahid, but your comment about tears in your eyes over Thomas Was Alone, an indie game that had already come out on PC months prior, has merely exacerbated my doubt. If that's the kind of thing you find amazing, 6 month old ports of indies, well, then, I can't wait for the cadre of D grade Ubisoft spin-offs you've lined up for us.

That being said, I would love to be wrong on this and for you to be vindicated, but I hope you can understand my cynicism.
A game is less impactful because it's six months old? Christ, how jaded can you get?

B.O.O.M

Anyone remember the Vita Game Heaven 2 conference from a few months ago? So much hype and anticipation there. Absolutely nothing new was announced.

That was never called the Game Heaven 2. It was just a small video talking about upcoming games in japan to Japanese gamers. It wasn't all too bad if you are a Japanese gamer either

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It was Gaf creating the hype themselves. Happens allthe time. Just look at the famitsu threads in the past.

DR2K

Banned
I like how both Nintendo and Sony are sitting on big announcements for WiiU and Vita that might move units right now, but wait for an event where they're 100% guaranteed to be overshadowed by new consoles.

Top Bottom