• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

I can't remember the last time a 'secret game announcement' actually lived up to its billing. And considering the platform, I'm even more sceptical that it will be anything significant.

In the case of the vita why keep it secret. Any announcement can only do the platform and the game good.

Well unless the game is crap a la COD: Declassified and they keep it classified

or...wait for it..

The game is GTA and Rockstar doesn't want to disrupt the hype they've been building for GTA 5 so they'll just show it behind closed doors at E3 and release it in October or November after GTA 5 has recouped its costs

Believe..

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Man you are just full of pessimism. :/

Lumines developer James Mielke promises us last year, that we will see lots of major japanese titles that will make us forget all of the vita problems. Shortly after, he begged lumines fans to petition ubisoft for lumines dlc , and not long after that he left Q entertainment.

I guess we reached a point where its practically impossible to NOT disappoint.
Very much like the GameInformer cover story a few days ago. People expected the craziest stuff and in the end some were disappointed by a Ps4 cover story... as if Ps4 were already old news.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I do too. This is the tweet exchange that gives me hope.

eVpD3Ge.png
I wonder why Shahid can't give minor hints :

- new IP or an IP we already know ?
- exclusive ?
etc

Those tweet are promising, i really hope the game won't disappoint.
Imo a new ip, even if great, doesn't make that effect, i bet is a well known ip.
Now if those reactions are reliable it seems to be something that you really don't expect on vita, i can think of a big or almost big series never seen/no more on sony consoles or a series that is somewhat synonymous of pc/home consoles or the return of a really loved but forgotten series.

Add that it can be played hours a day(tbh this is what i do with every game but ok) so i guess it's a series known for its big amount of contents and/or big replay value and/or consistent multiplayer.

Some very crazy guesses could be sim city, chinese monster hunter, crysis, etc

I keep my expectations reasonably low though.

DiscoJer

Just trying to keep expectations down, some of the guesses (hopes) in this thread are ridiculous.

Some? Most.

I wonder how many Vita owners owned a PSP? After so many disappointments with that (as good as it otherwise was), it's hard to believe anything Sony hypes with the Vita.

I'd rather bet on Diablo 3 - PS3/PS4 versions are in the making and Vita would be great for UI and then that new card game Hearstone ?

Sony should load up the money trucks to make Diablo 3 happen. Like Borderlands 2, it's something that would work because it just has huge replay value. But I just have doubts that Sony cares that much.

Obviously you didn't get exposed to awesomeness named FF Type Zero.

Yeah, I wonder why that is?

Using Type 0 is a double edged sword. Either way shows off that SE is god awful. If it's a terrible game, well, self explanatory. If not? Well, it might as well not exist for most people on this forum because they've been such assbackward dicks about localizing it.

Bravely Default is similar, save we recently went from "Never, fuck you" to "a year or two late, fuck you"

A game is less impactful because it's six months old? Christ, how jaded can you get?

I didn't buy the Vita to get 6 month old ports of indies I already own on PC.

Out of curiosity, can some members of J-Neogaf tell me how good FF-type 0 actually is? I've heard some good things about the gameplay but some indifferent things about the ending. And while we are at it, can some members of J-Neogaf tell me how good Valkyria Chronicles III actually is? :)

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, can some members of J-Neogaf tell me how good FF-type 0 actually is? I've heard some good things about the gameplay but some indifferent things about the ending. And while we are at it, can some members of J-Neogaf tell me how good Valkyria Chronicles III actually is? :)

Thanks!

It's the best FF of this console generation that the world (outside of Japan and importers) never played. Handily puts XIII and XIII-2 to shame. It deserved a better fate and was sent out to die on a platform that is already dead in the West.

While they kept on churning out mediocre after mediocre FFs on the main consoles, the best installment of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series was kept hidden away on the PSP. It's a crying shame, Square to me partially redeemed themselves with Type 0 after the crap that was XIII.

Redhood

Apart from this release I wish Sony would ask
pay
SE to release FF PSP [Crisis Core& Type-0] remakes on the vita. Would be glorious! and will give a nice push! And they can get those KH games[BBS and DDD] as well.

All clues point toward Ubi, but there is something bugging me.

- Ubi works closely with Sony recently, so I would think Shahid and his crew knew about their list of games in development long time ago. But the big amazing game in question was unexpected; they only found about it recently from an internal email.

Perhaps. But to elaborate a bit more, this is why I'm pretty certain he's referring to Ubisoft.

Starting from what I think are two reasonable assumptions:

-Even disregarding the current state of Japanese third parties' support for the platform, he probably would have limited access to information about what they're planning.
-Given Vita's sales over the past year, it's unlikely that any of the Western third parties that shunned Vita in 2012 (2K, Bethesda) would get on board now.

That leaves us with the Western third parties that supported the platform last year: EA, Activision, WBIE, and Ubisoft.

EA: Based on their last financial results, seems to be completely done with Vita (and Wii U, and 3DS) beyond the seemingly contractually obligated FIFA.

Activision: Possible given how Declassified sold, but they never seem to have been even close to fully on board Vita (they haven't released or announced anything else for the platform before or since), and rumors suggest that Declassified only existed in the first place due to Sony moneyhats.

WBIE: Still on board with Vita, but it's not clear what they have left to announce at this point; they've already announced two Lego games and a spinoff of their most popular console franchise (Blackgate).

Ubisoft: Confirmed to have multiple Vita titles in development as of February; still haven't announced any of them.

I obviously can't be absolutely certain it's Ubisoft, but I'll be fairly surprised if it isn't.

Well I don't think Ubisoft would be all that surprising to Shahid and Tony Clark since, as you said, they have already stated multiple games are coming. They are sort of expected now.

Maybe! But that interview was on a fairly obscure Dutch website and didn't get a ton of pickup from more widely read gaming sites, so I'm not sure either of them would necessarily have been aware of it.

Well I don't think Ubisoft would be all that surprising to Shahid and Tony Clark since, as you said, they have already stated multiple games are coming. They are sort of expected now.

Yeah, I'd think that it has to be games from a publisher that has not supported the Vita up until now. For me the most amazing would then be if it's Take Two.

Yeah, I'd think that it has to be games from a publisher that has not supported the Vita up until now. For me the most amazing would then be if it's Take Two.

Bit OT but can someone explain Take Two and 2K, are they one and the same or are they 2 different publishing companies? Or is Take Two the parent company of 2K? People seem to treat them as one and the same at times and completely separate at other times.

Bit OT but can someone explain Take Two and 2K, are they one and the same or are they 2 different publishing companies? Or is Take Two the parent company of 2K? People seem to treat them as one and the same at times and completely separate at other times.
Take Two owns 2K Games, so Take Two really has a lot of franchises that they could bring to the Vita :)

dancmc

so has secret PSVita game now officially replaced secret PS3 game...lol

Seriously though, I really hope for more great software for vita; I may be starting a new job soon that will require appreciably more travel; and great new portable titles would be great to have

Given the Bioshock debacle and the non-announcement of the Vita project(s) that Jim Reilly said Rockstar was working on as of June 2011, I'd be very, very surprised if this involves any part of T2/2K. But hey, I've been wrong before.

DigitalOp

Banned
Please stop hyping this as Take 2 guys... please...

My poor little heart can't take it...

Will this be a E3 reveal? When is this unveiling?

Thorgal

Yeah, I wonder why that is?

Using Type 0 is a double edged sword. Either way shows off that SE is god awful. If it's a terrible game, well, self explanatory. If not? Well, it might as well not exist for most people on this forum because they've been such assbackward dicks about localizing it.

Bravely Default is similar, save we recently went from "Never, fuck you" to "a year or two late, fuck you"

I didn't buy the Vita to get 6 month old ports of indies I already own on PC.

i am beginning to suspect that no matter what game it is it will never be good enough for you.and you will always be dissapointed.

I mean I am going to keep my expectations in check, don't get me wrong, but Take Two totally fits everything that has been said thus far.

Well, I interpreted the "it's a publisher, not a developer" bit as referring to the "more than one game" part, not the "surprise" part. Just seems more plausible to me.

Top Bottom