• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

sublimit

Banned
No it isn't.

This is a really frigging stupid post.

And yours isn't?Or maybe you are an American and you are already enjoying the titles i mentioned so you don't give a shit about EU PSN.

And aside from that, three of those are Square-Enix games. Sony isn't the boss of Square-Enix.

The games are already on the NA PSN therefore it's not a Square Enix matter.All SCEE has to do is to bring them over as NA imports like they have done with other NA releases.

Basil

Banned
Ugh if it's Monster Hunter... fuck that series.

Gran Turismo? Can't say I'm much more enthused by that either...

OMG! Maybe it's Persona 5 or Last Guardian or FF Versus or or or

Omikaru

And yours isn't?Or maybe you are an American and you are already enjoying the titles i mentioned.

Shahid handles developer relations, not the PS Store, so you calling him lazy for not bringing those games to the SCEE PS Store is stupid. Plus it's not entirely up to Sony; publishers have to want to bring those games to SCEE territories in the first place. Maybe they felt going to the trouble of getting them rated by PEGI, USK and BBFC was too expensive, or maybe they simply need to be pushed into acting by their fans.

Just because he works for Sony, doesn't mean you get to call him lazy for not putting games you want on the PS Store when he doesn't even handle that department. Considering the stuff he's bringing to the Vita, and the hours he works to make it happen (he talks about this on his Twitter account), I'd actually say he's anything but lazy.

Sylver

Banned
Whatever game is, it needs to be published yesterday. The lag of big games until Killzone is to be worried about.

Jay Sosa

If you can't tell anything about it shut up.

And if it's Persona 5 (exclusively) I'm gonna beat up everyone at Sony and Atlus.

Bikram

PLANETSIDE 2!!

big
addictive
hours a day
wtf

Wait, yes it makes sense. In fact one of the producers said in an interview that they are planning to bring it to other platforms. It could be Vita!

Whatever game is, it needs to be published yesterday. The lag of big games until Killzone is to be worried about.

You mean tomorrow surely. Unless someone has invented a time machine when I was away. :p

Ikael

Last of us: portable edition

Because we all buy handleds in order to play non-portable games in small screens, yes.

sublimit

Banned
Shahid handles developer relations, not the PS Store, so you calling him lazy for not bringing those games to the SCEE PS Store is stupid. Plus it's not entirely up to Sony; publishers have to want to bring those games to SCEE territories in the first place. Maybe they felt going to the trouble of getting them rated by PEGI, USK and BBFC was too expensive, or maybe they simply need to be pushed into acting by their fans.

Just because he works for Sony, doesn't mean you get to call him lazy for not putting games you want on the PS Store when he doesn't even handle that department. Considering the stuff he's bringing to the Vita, and the hours he works to make it happen (he talks about this on his Twitter account), I'd actually say he's anything but lazy.

Ok maybe it was naive of me to give him responsibility but when it comes to the shitty EU store no SCEE employee seems to be getting any responsibility.And the situation remains unchanged and no one in SCEE gives a shit about it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is just a troll. He's probably talking about Tearaway.

Omikaru

Ok maybe it was naive of me to give him responsibility but when it comes to the shitty EU store no SCEE employee seems to be getting any responsibility.And the situation remains unchanged and no one in SCEE gives a shit about it.

It's not up to Sony to bring those games to the store. People have asked for them in the comments on Store update posts, and Mike, Ross and now Jamal have all said they'd try and get those games. Just because they're not allowed to comment on the process doesn't mean they haven't approached Square Enix and the other third parties about bringing them over, because they can't talk about what happened unless something actually happens.

Chances are they're not coming because the publisher doesn't care, rather than SCEE not caring.

UberTag

I think GT would fit that description quite well.
It seems to be the obvious answer here.

There's a looming announcement, we already know GT6 is shipping this year for PS3 and Sony has been pushing cross-platform releases for a number of their first-party IPs the past year.

Plus, it's a Europe guy hinting enthusiastically and mainland Europe is GT country.
It's not an indie game, it's a new "P" release (aka Polyphony) and will consume hours of our time.
Frankly, I'd be shocked if it WASN'T GT6.

Skyzard

Banned
Wait, yes it makes sense. In fact one of the producers said in an interview that they are planning to bring it to other platforms. It could be Vita!

You mean tomorrow surely. Unless someone has invented a time machine when I was away. :p

If it's Planetside 2... God bless Sony. I sort of have a feeling they may have been referring to PS4 or PS3 by other platforms since it's currently PC only right? It seems so huge to pack into a vita, but that would be something. And it sort of fits the descriptions!

sublimit

Banned
It's not up to Sony to bring those games to the store. People have asked for them in the comments on Store update posts, and Mike, Ross and now Jamal have all said they'd try and get those games. Just because they're not allowed to comment on the process doesn't mean they haven't approached Square Enix and the other third parties about bringing them over, because they can't talk about what happened unless something actually happens.

Chances are they're not coming because the publisher doesn't care, rather than SCEE not caring.

But these games are already on the NA store.And Sony themselves said that the classics import line was made in order to more easily transfer NA and JP games to the EU store...

Sylver

Banned
Well I meant as soon as possible.XD
I really do not care about indie games. I want great franchises or developers. Indies are a plus but cannot be the late motive for a sony console.
Vita is in emergency status it needs games and there no a big one until september.

Omikaru

But these games are already on the NA store.And Sony themselves said that the classics import line was made in order to more easily transfer NA and JP games to the EU store...

That's for certification purposes (i.e. if SCEA certifies it, then it doesn't have to jump through the usual PAL certification hoops and can be sold on the SCEE store with caveats about it being 60hz and in English only). In the end, publishers still have to submit the game to ratings boards across Europe, plus juggle lots of other issues (like licensing for any brands, middleware, voice actors and such, who will all want their cut from a PAL release). It may have reached the point where the cost of doing all that may outweigh the money they expect to recoup.

Bringing a game, no matter how old, to a new territory is not only hard work, it can also be incredibly expensive. Just because SCEE puts mechanisms in place to make things possible, it's still the job of the publishers to make it happen.

Edit: I should add that I understand your frustrations. I'm a UK gamer, so I know what it's like to get the short end of the stick as a Japanese game fan. I think we just have to suck it up and deal with it for now, and in the end most cases of late or not-released games are fringe cases nowadays, with plenty of ways for us to work around it. If you really want those games, then check the ratings boards across Europe to see if they've appeared, and if they haven't then get a US account, load it up with however much money you need (cards can be bought from various non-shady sites, or you could get a friend in the US to help), and buy them from the SCEA store. Sure, you won't be able to play them on your PSP/Vita, but at least you'll have them on PS3, which is better than nothing.

SmokyDave

Dude. Niche import JRPGs are probably fairly far down the list of priorities right now. Again, they're also nothing to do with Shahid or this tweet.

Fistwell

It's Monster Hunter: Felyne Karting, a re-skinned LBP/modnation kart game with felyne karts. Rathian is a boss character, she spits gobs of molten lava in your face from behind the wheel of her (comically) minuscule, felyne propelled, all terrain 4wheeler.

Mario007

It seems to be the obvious answer here.

There's a looming announcement, we already know GT6 is shipping this year for PS3 and Sony has been pushing cross-platform releases for a number of their first-party IPs the past year.

Plus, it's a Europe guy hinting enthusiastically and mainland Europe is GT country.
It's not an indie game, it's a new "P" release (aka Polyphony) and will consume hours of our time.
Frankly, I'd be shocked if it WASN'T GT6.
Ya that is exactly what I thought as well. Though I hope GT Vita won't be a port of GT6 but rather its own game.

Omikaru

Mark Cerny has done it!

Shenmue coming to Vita!!!

Don't joke about that. If Shenmue comes to Vita, even if it's just a remaster, I'd cry tears of joy.

Seriously though, I don't think that's it. Whilst Shenmue is amazing, I don't think it's the kind of game Sony would gloat about.

Jay Sosa

Would some SCEE dude's Twitter account really tease a JRPG like Persona 5? Let's be realistic now.

I sure hope not. Plus I really doubt that Atlus would be so stupid and release it exclusively for a platform on lifesupport (sorry Vita owners).

And btw: Announcements for announcements are the worst thing this gen next to first day DLCs and micro-transactions. If you have news tell us, if not stfu.

Soriku

I sure hope not. Plus I really doubt that Atlus would be so stupid and release it exclusively for a platform on lifesupport (sorry Vita owners).

And btw: Announcements for announcements are the worst thing this gen next to first day DLCs and micro-transactions. If you have news tell us, if not stfu.

It'll be on the PS3 at minimum. It could be PS3/360 (since Catherine and P4A were) or PS3/Vita (doubt it but Vita or another handheld could get a port down the road) but don't let anyone tell you something otherwise lol.

Afrit

but, but... exclusives are exactly what it'll need to be relieved from life-support.

Top Bottom