• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE Officially Announces 40GB PS3 for 399, lowers 60GB Starter Pack price to 499

Vashu

Visualante said:
Second hand first generation hardware? You sir like to live dangerously.

It all depends on what kind of system you get. I mean, I have a US launch PS2 which is still working perfectly. My PAL PS2 was working fine, until a nephew of mine broke it, and the repaired console went to my brother a few years ago when I got that silver PS2 which still works fine. So my old system still works, and his kids are enjoying the kids games very much.

On the other hand, you have the Xbox 360, which is just some pieces tossed together hoping it would run. The PS3 though is a tank, and the fault-ratio is very much lower than that of the PS2. So I think he's fine with his machine.

R0nn

PS3 60 GB get!

It was the last one in the store, the display model. It was basically the regular 60 GB in the launch box so they had to pack the games seperately. Also, there wasn't a second controller in stock anymore, so I'll have to wait till a new batch arrives for that.

Anyway, I really like the machine. Checked out all the settings and I'm really impressed by the large amount of features and options this machine offers me. Also, it's dead silent and HDMI looks incredibly clean. To me, the IQ is a bit better than either Component or VGA.

The amount of content on the PlayStation Store is meh compared to what's on offer on Live Marketplace, but I'm confident that will improve over time. In terms of games, I'm currently downloading a couple of demo's and played some Resistance. It's a decent shooter, but I heard it really starts to pick up in the latter portions of the game. I already like the Bullshot.

Today, I'll check out DVD playback, PS2 BC and upscaling and maybe a BD movie if I manage to pick one up today.

Oh btw, I heard from the store clerk that a new batch of fifty 60 GBs would arrive shortly, so stores are still being resupplied. Also, the 40 GB wasn't in stock yet.

Top Bottom