• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Buck (Inhumass) full trailer leaks

Magwik

Banned
The problem is, as weak as some parts of Iron Fist were, Danny still was more interesting and charismatic than Netflix's Luke was

uXRAMdW.gif

Boem

Yup, this looks like a waste of an Imax screen.

Just pointing an Imax camera at something doesn't make it worthwhile to actually put it in cinemas. You need to actually make an effort to make something pretty/pleasant to look at as well.

This is going to turn out to be embarrassing for everyone involved.

lord pie

I really wish marvel would focus on two or *maybe* three really decent, high production value shows instead of this scattergun of mediocrity approach they have been taking.

Having 10 shows (I think?) active/upcoming is just nuts. There is just so much great TV out there, that it makes it even more obvious how their efforts are spread so thin. :/

Let's hope this is just mediocre in the best of scenarios, and maybe in some years without pelmutter and feige, maybe marvel can do a proper Inhumans movie.

I really wish marvel would focus on two or *maybe* three really decent, high production value shows instead of this scattergun of mediocrity approach they have been taking.

Having 10 shows (I think?) active/upcoming is just nuts. There is just so much great TV out there for their stuff to be worth the time when it's spread so thin. :/

That's not really how TV production works. If Marvel only had one show, it wouldn't all of a sudden get a larger budget.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Let's hope this is just mediocre in the best of scenarios, and maybe in some years without pelmutter and feige, maybe marvel can do a proper Inhumans movie.

this is the end of Inhumans - perlmutter has no influence anymore and feige has a laundry list of heroes he actually cares about

suaveric

So the question is was this the TV show that Michael Ausiello was talking about?

How pungent are we talking? Well, according to sources, the network behind the ambitious project tried mightily to pawn off the entire first season on one of the big streamers at a steep discount (we’re talking pennies). But the influential Powers That Be behind the series put a kibosh on the fire sale. So now the net in question is forced to sit back and watch the stink bomb smell up its airwaves (beginning at some point in the next seven months).

Volimar

It'll be somewhat odd if there's no AoS crossovers, unless their absence has something to do with the end of last season.

- J - D -

Pretty bad trailer if this was actually the one they intended to use to draw in...anybody. Can't see Inhumans fans or newbies pulled in by this at all.

So the question is was this the TV show that Michael Ausiello was talking about?

There was a lot of speculation about this referring to Inhumans when that blind item was first shared here (IIRC, in the TV cancellations thread), but while it's certainly possible, the wording implies that the season had already wrapped production by the time the rumor was published in late April, which Inhumans definitely hadn't.

My guess is Still Star-Crossed, FWIW. Picked up a year ago, repeatedly delayed, still hasn't premiered, period costume drama shot on location overseas, produced by someone with more than enough pull at ABC to prevent a sale to a streaming network... it fits all the clues.

IrishNinja

the x-men are so boring these days, i don't doubt that Inumans could be made to be more interesting...but this doesn't look like the way to do that

also why does scott buck keep getting work

Shaanyboi

Banned
The problem is, as weak as some parts of Iron Fist were, Danny still was more interesting and charismatic than Netflix's Luke was
Danny was a petulant shitbag. His fucking 'impress the Asian girl by speaking Mandarin' was so unbelievably creepy that he became instantly irredeemable as a likable protagonist for the rest of that show.

GeeTeeCee

Scott Buck must be amazing at getting productions done incredibly quickly and way under budget, because I cannot think of any other possible reason to keep putting him in charge of these projects.

Blader

Yall make this Scott Buck guy sound like the Roger Corman of television.

Roger Corman actually made some fantastic films and ushered in a whole wave of actors, writers, and directors who revolutionized Hollywood.

Scott Buck is just a talentless gun for hire.

Top Bottom