• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

Pretty, pretty good.

Chad Radwell is one of the best characters of the 2015-16 season so far. I'd watch an entire show just about him. He's so damn funny.

SURGEdude

Man. I'm gonna have to send Mr. Murphy an apology. I've generally been pretty relentless about calling him an overrated hack. But this show really clicks with me, its a good mix of lighthearted and clever. It's the small stuff that makes it work which no hack ever notices.

I also am never bored, unlike his other show American Horror Story where even the first season was a struggle later on despite some great performances.

arent the ratings shit? like getting worse each ep? I fear it wont go past season 1, and it will hurt because I love it. Whats facetious about that?

Sadly the ratings are shit. And Fox is one of the most sensitive for buzz. The middling reviews don't help. I'm hoping to god this finds another life on FX like some other dumped shows. I think the shitty MTV Scream show really hurt this one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Loved the episode. This show is doing so much for me right now. If it maintains its quality throughout the rest of the season I think it'll safely end up being my favorite Ryan Murphy show.

These references are so good! This show is my favorite.

QBblLOw.jpg

liquidtmd

Banned
Not seen episode 6 yet but last week's episode 5 really, really found its groove for me.

Hoping the show finds its audience but if it maintains this kind of consistancy for a whole season now I'll be happy

Red Devil unloading on
Roger
was hilarious. He literally unloaded the entire magazine without flinching...lol.

Chad is giving Chanel #3 a run for her money in terms of hilarity when it comes to his going-off-on-a-tangent speeches. Stupidity at its finest. Please keep him alive until the last episode, Ryan Murphy!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Chanel #3 is anazing. Sad her and Pred Lez are done. :( Great episode.

Also Emma was really hamming it up with Chad this episode.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
No arms guy had me in stitches
Nearly missed him trying to clamber over the wall before they got in the house but it crack me up

Chad is great. I CACKLED when he said he'd fuck chanel so hard if she died down in the tunnels

There are so many subtle bits of goodness packed into this, it's brilliant
Even if it doesn't get renewed I'm glad we got one high quality season

Etzer

Missed the last episode. Tell me one thing: Is Denise Hemphill of Secure Enforcement Solutions still alive?

PK Gaming

Haha, the recent AV club review is absolutely on point in regards to Grace's presence in the story.
In fact, this episode sort of confirms a theory that’s only really backed up in the show’s performances and presentation, not its credits: Grace is barely more than a sidekick to Zayday, the true protagonist and Final Girl of this story. It’s not even just the fact that Zayday is more proactive or the object of one of the Red Devil’s affections; she’s also the best foil to Chanel, and that should be the enough of an argument for who the two leads really are. Zayday is the one who most challenges Chanel—despite Hester’s schemes—not only posing a threat to the way things are at Kappa Kappa Tau now and how the house will carry on, but also posing a threat to the entire awful legacy of KKT.

And Grace is a threat to… the local hat store? Supposedly, Grace and her father have a direct connection to the 1995 timeline, and while there’s a little intrigue there, Grace and Pete (who is absent from this episode) trying to solve the mystery has never been more entertaining than Grace and Zayday doing the same thing.

I've really taken a liking to Zayday and I would be mad disappointed if she ended up getting killed off.

Kain

Chad. Is. Just. THE. Best.

Hester is cool, too.

The killer is totally Grace's dad. Or the dean. Or that Jonas kid along with Gigi. Or who knows, this is so fun.

"Honestly, where is the Red Devil gonna get a missile?"

So, you know, now that's gonna happen.

"Then it's good old vagina city for all of us."

Oh, good old gender stereotypes.

This show is on at such a packed time slot.

Gotta pick between watching this, AoS or iZombie live ...

I rotate between AoS and iZombie each week.

Haha, the recent AV club review is absolutely on point in regards to Grace's presence in the story.

I've really taken a liking to Zayday and I would be mad disappointed if she ended up getting killed off.

I believe it. Grace disappears into the background whenever Chanel #1, #3, #6 or Zayday is on screen. Hell, her Dad is more interesting to watch because of the confliction between him and the Dean. I feel as if she has such a passive personality and her lines aren't that memorable. Honestly, the show wouldn't suffer from cutting out her character, because I don't see what it gains from having her aside from the possibility of being the dead soriety girl's daughter...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ugh Chanel <3 She's so pretty and such a royal bitch I just love her.

Plus she's right about Chanel #5 being annoying. 5 sucks, I don't know if it's the actress doing a poor job or the character is supposed to be unlikable, but she's the worst character by far &#128546;

DominoKid

Chad. Is. Just. THE. Best.

Hester is cool, too.

The killer is totally Grace's dad. Or the dean. Or that Jonas kid along with Gigi. Or who knows, this is so fun.

i think they're all the killer at this point and they just keep borrowing the suits from the storage closet or something.

It's Truth or Dare. Its not Truth, Dare, and Lie lol
I like that Devil dual wielding axe walking by the hallway

"I just came over here because I farted" lol

This show is on at such a packed time slot.

Gotta pick between watching this, AoS or iZombie live ...

I rotate between AoS and iZombie each week.

It's frustrating for me because my DVR has been acting up when trying to record two shows simultaneously. Thank goodness for Hulu.

Ugh Chanel <3 She's so pretty and such a royal bitch I just love her.

Plus she's right about Chanel #5 being annoying. 5 sucks, I don't know if it's the actress doing a poor job or the character is supposed to be unlikable, but she's the worst character by far &#128546;

I just want to hug Chanel, even though she would probably go eww and push me away. Also, I love when she drags out Chad's name. "Chaaaaaaad! :mad:" lmao

I didn't like Chanel #5 that much at first, but she's growing on me.

Top Bottom