• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

The Chad Radwell variety hour has been light on Chad Radwell this week, but it has been probably the best episode all the same. I loved the file Dean Munsch had. I loved The Bangles. I loved them just putting Graces dad in a hat to make him look young. It's the details like that which make this show great.

A million times better than last week.

I didn't know that I wanted to watch Jamie Lee Curtis beat up a killer in a Scalia costume, but it turns out I really, really did.

The Chad scene was great, and Denise Hemphill is always a joy to watch. Niecy Nash on my television twice in one week? I'd do almost anything for that, except clean up vomit.

LycanXIII

Much better than last week's episode. So glad we can finally move on from Grace thinking she's the baby. I'm still going with the idea that #6 is the baby or at least involved somehow.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
absolutely hilarious episode
JLC slaying those bastards, fantastic twist on psycho

So gigi is one killer and Nick Jonas (forget his character name) is the other
based on the painting we can assume that the third is a girl right?
I think my money is on chanel #6

Taruranto

Weak episode.

I enjoyed the Dean's fight in the beggining, but that's it. It felt like running in circles.

So the red devils are Boone and a girl in love with Zayday?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Weak episode.

I enjoyed the Dean's fight in the beggining, but that's it. It felt like running in circles.

Or Boone's not actually gay.

Kain

It's rare to find a show so self-aware, the only boring point is Grace, but I guess you really have to have a boring "normal" character in shows like these. If everyone was crazy then you wouldn't have that contrast to compare.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
It's rare to find a show so self-aware, the only boring point is Grace, but I guess you really have to have a boring "normal" character in shows like these. If everyone was crazy then you wouldn't have that contrast to compare.

Grace and Pete are probably the worst characters around, followed by Grace's dad.

W-00

Can't be. Either entrydenied is right about Boone not being gay or both of the Red Devils are guys. Remember, in the episode where we found out Gigi was in on it, she was talking to one of the Red Devils about how they'd have to do something about "him", referring to the RD that kidnapped Zayday.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Hey Grace was pretty good last episode... it just feels like she is in a different show. I guess she's the straight character but she still feels out of place. Also Nasim Pedrad is doing a great job. All her scenes were great.

Jhoan

Wanted to pop into the thread to say how much I love the show. I've even gotten my brother hooked on it that we discuss each episode after it's all said and done. It's annoying that it's on at the same time slot as iZombie so I juggle watching both shows 50-50 between ad breaks but Scream Queens gets the slight edge for being self-aware, hilariously cheesy, and full of colorful of characters.

Great episode. It was good to see the return of the Red Devils. The homage to Psycho in the outset and Munsch quipping "I've seen the movie 50 times" had me in stitches. I agree that Nancy Drew's scenes tend to be boring but like any slasher horror story, it has to have its straight detective character sniffing for clues. The focus on Chad next week will be hilarious.

W-00

Having thought about it some more, I'm now favoring Pete as the second Red Devil. I'd dismissed him because of the scene where he got knocked out in Dean Munsch's office, which seemed like the work of the Red Devil, but this episode suggests that the one that knocked him out could have been Dean Munsch.

Ryan Murphy shows start out self-aware and then end up thinking they are what they set out to parody.

See Glee post season one.

Grace and Pete are probably the worst characters around, followed by Grace's dad.

It's odd how the main characters of Ryan Murphy shows always become background characters.

Melissa Benoist's Marley Rose was supposed to be the new main character post-Rachel in Glee season 4, but after two episodes, they barely even used her.

I also LOVED how the runners up in the Glee Project had bigger roles than the people that actually won the contest.

LycanXIII

Having thought about it some more, I'm now favoring Pete as the second Red Devil. I'd dismissed him because of the scene where he got knocked out in Dean Munsch's office, which seemed like the work of the Red Devil, but this episode suggests that the one that knocked him out could have been Dean Munsch.

I'm thinking Pete was never the mascot for the school, otherwise he would have been Coney, not a new guy.

A million times better than last week.

I didn't know that I wanted to watch Jamie Lee Curtis beat up a killer in a Scalia costume, but it turns out I really, really did.

The Chad scene was great, and Denise Hemphill is always a joy to watch. Niecy Nash on my television twice in one week? I'd do almost anything for that, except clean up vomit.
I understood that reference.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Ghost Stories

Denise spins a ghastly ghost yarn to the fearful Kappas; Chanel is pushed to the breaking point after Hester's shocking announcement; and a familiar face turns up on campus as the Red Devil strikes again.

DrStiles

Mamma Denise's kappa story is probably the greatest ghost story told on Tv.

Or maybe the red cloak story.

Easily one of the best characters on the show.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Well uh, that was something

LMAO at I was faking being gay. For what reason?

Yeah that's just seems like Ryan Murphy throwing something in for no reason. Did he say there was a reason? He said something afterwards pretty quickly that I couldn't understand.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I screamed when Chanel shoved Hester down the stairs what an obnoxious character bye bitch

Goodstyle

OK, it's time to get real with who the final Red Devil is.

-We know it's a girl.

-It probably isn't the Chanels since chronologically, they were still at the house while Boone was being murdered.

-We know that the 3 murderers planned one faked death, so even some of the dead characters can't be ruled out.

Here's a list of characters who the final Red Devil absolutely can't be:
- All male characters (except maybe Pete if he had a gender reassignment surgery at some point)
- Zayday (Boone was in love with her)
- Dean Munsch, Denise Williams (Adult women, not related to the baby)

Here's a list of who probably aren't the Red Devil:
- Grace (It's likely her Dad isn't lying about her past, and that her police records weren't faked)
- Chanels 1, 3, 5, 6 (They were in the middle of a fight while Boone was getting slaughtered)

Here's my prime list of suspects though, the only people who could be the Red Devil in my eyes:

1. Chanel #2: If Boone faked his death, it stands to reason that his partner may have as well. Also, her parents didn't care at all about her death, which may point to her only recently being adopted instead of someone who grew up with them. Also, her "fever dream" appearance would make a lot more sense. The biggest knock against her though, was her death being on screen so...

2. Chanel #3: She's just creepy. She claims her father is Charles Manson which just sounds like bull shit, she wanted to be Alibuddies with Predatory Lez, and people tend to die when they see her ears apparently. I'm guessing she may have a split personality that emerges whenever she takes off those muffs, which would explain why when she saw Boone she was surprised. Of course, timeline wise, it'd be awkward explaining how she got dressed as the Red Devil, killed Boone, slipped back to the house, and then witnessed Chanel killing Hester so quickly.

3. Pete: No alibi for anything substantial, established creep from episode 1, could have had gender reassignment surgery at some point to explain why he isn't a girl. Shocking, but not all the likely in my eyes.

4. Grace: Besides maybe Chanel #2, she was the only plausible girl that was totally unaccounted for at the time of Boone's death. That's all there is to this possibility though, there's way too much other stuff contradicting this.

Yup. I thought about this way more than I should, but to my credit I called Gigi as the mastermind back in episode 1.

OK, it's time to get real with who the final Red Devil is.

-We know it's a girl.

-It probably isn't the Chanels since chronologically, they were still at the house while Boone was being murdered.

-We know that the 3 murderers planned one faked death, so even some of the dead characters can't be ruled out.

Here's a list of characters who the final Red Devil absolutely can't be:
- All male characters (except maybe Pete if he had a gender reassignment surgery at some point)
- Zayday (Boone was in love with her)
- Dean Munsch, Denise Williams (Adult women, not related to the baby)

Here's a list of who probably aren't the Red Devil:
- Grace (It's likely her Dad isn't lying about her past, and that her police records weren't faked)
- Chanels 1, 3, 5, 6 (They were in the middle of a fight while Boone was getting slaughtered)

Here's my prime list of suspects though, the only people who could be the Red Devil in my eyes:

1. Chanel #2: If Boone faked his death, it stands to reason that his partner may have as well. Also, her parents didn't care at all about her death, which may point to her only recently being adopted instead of someone who grew up with them. Also, her "fever dream" appearance would make a lot more sense. The biggest knock against her though, was her death being on screen so...

2. Chanel #3: She's just creepy. She claims her father is Charles Manson which just sounds like bull shit, she wanted to be Alibuddies with Predatory Lez, and people tend to die when they see her ears apparently. I'm guessing she may have a split personality that emerges whenever she takes off those muffs, which would explain why when she saw Boone she was surprised. Of course, timeline wise, it'd be awkward explaining how she got dressed as the Red Devil, killed Boone, slipped back to the house, and then witnessed Chanel killing Hester so quickly.

3. Pete: No alibi for anything substantial, established creep from episode 1, could have had gender reassignment surgery at some point to explain why he isn't a girl. Shocking, but not all the likely in my eyes.

4. Grace: Besides maybe Chanel #2, she was the only plausible girl that was totally unaccounted for at the time of Boone's death. That's all there is to this possibility though, there's way too much other stuff contradicting this.

Yup. I thought about this way more than I should, but to my credit I called Gigi as the mastermind back in episode 1.

I would not put it past Ryan Murphy to Reverse Sleepaway Camp this show so Pete is definitely still in play,

Also Hester is likely not dead

CUD-3wHU8AA_34Y.png

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ugh after Chanel's threat, I really hope we do still get to see Chad Radwell's family next episode. I want to see if they're all as likeable/douchey and over the top funny as he is.

zeitgeist

Since this show is completely ridiculous anyways, I hope that Hester is okay and her back is magically fixed now. We heard the crack and everything.

KadeYuy

Do people not like this show? Seems pretty dead in this thread compared to other tv shows. I guess it's on at the same time as shield.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Slightly fuming that Boone wasn't actually gay and didn't pretend to come back to seduce chad. When he appeared at his door I was certain he was going to spin some story that he wouldn't be able to pass on without it

jetles

Mamma Denise's kappa story is probably the greatest ghost story told on Tv.

Or maybe the red cloak story.

Easily one of the best characters on the show.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

the isis joke she said had me laughing for hours.

god i so happy she did not die this esp.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I felt that Earl Grey was one of those characters that didn't amount to anything despite him being featured in the opening credits and in the marketing material. Such a waste.

Top Bottom