• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hopefully they bring back some of the original cast.

Fox is not announcing which actors from season 1 would return for Season 2 but I hear that Jamie Lee Curtis is expected to be back, anchoring the horror franchise the way Jassica Lange did for the first four seasons of Scream Queens co-creators Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s American Horror Story on FX.

Co-star Lea Michele hinted that she also will likely be back as Hester, tweeting, “Couldn’t be happier right now!!!! @ScreamQueens Season 2!!!! We’re back!! #HereComesHester.”

via Deadline

Aiii

So not worth it
Would be nice if it is not an anthology series for once, so if Hester is back, I hope most of the non-dead cast comes back as their own characters. I like these characters, I want more if them.

GAF.

Banned
Sweet Season 2

Didn't expect Hospital setting. I wonder if it's going to rip on General Hospital with some Slasher thrown in

Jhoan

Never would have expected a hospital since the summer camp rumor would have been interesting but the hospital setting sounds great nonetheless as it opens up a host of new hilarious scenarios and winks to famous monstrosities including zombies. A mad scientist doctor would have me in stitches.

Happy to see that Michele is returning and hopefully Curtis returns as well if the rumors are true because there's still more homages she needs to pay to her mother. All we need is a Doctor Radwell, head nurse Denise, and Chanel in the house.

bitbydeath

What about Chanel #5?

604ab2a0-58bb-0133-ec40-0aa00699013d.gif

Such a great cast all around

I wasn't really a fan of Chanel #5, but she can come.
Never would have expected a hospital since the summer camp rumor would have been interesting but the hospital setting sounds great nonetheless as it opens up a host of new hilarious scenarios and winks to famous monstrosities including zombies. A mad scientist doctor would have me in stitches.

Happy to see that Michele is returning and hopefully Curtis returns as well if the rumors are true because there's still more homages she needs to pay to her mother. All we need is a Doctor Radwell, head nurse Denise, and Chanel in the house.
If be down for the actors playing new characters if they can't find a reason for them all to be in a hospital. As long as they are there. They struck gold. It'd be a crime to not bring a lot of them back.

Adam429

Bad news for American Horror Story fans. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can detect that AHS is now 2nd in priority to Scream Queens in Ryan Murphy's eyes.

Ricker

No way Emma Roberts is not back in this right...? I mean,pay the damn girl ;) whatever she wants,she deserves it after that first season lol...

TripOpt55

Great news. Looking forward to seeing what they do next though the hospital setting isn't something I am particularly enthused about. We'll see how it goes though.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Emma Roberts confirmed she's coming back:

Emma Roberts @RobertsEmma said:
Surprise bitches...Bet you thought you'd seen the last of her...#Chanel #ScreamQueens #Season2 💃🏼 instagram.com/p/BAk6uVhi_Hv/

I'm in!

The hospital idea is intriguing, but the summer camp would have been fun because of all the horror cliché's that could be done.

Given standard horror movie sequel fashion, who do you think of the surviving main characters gets killed in the first ten minutes?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As I reported this morning, Jamie Lee Curtis is fully expected to return as Cathy Munsch, anchoring the horror franchise the way Jassica Lange did for the first four seasons of American Horror Story on FX.

I hear the other actress for whom the intention is to return include Lea Michele (aka Hester), who shared her excitement on Twitter following the renewal news, Emma Roberts (Chanel), Abigail Brelsin (Chanel #5), Keke Palmer (Zayday) and Billie Lourd (Chanel #3). Most of the main stars of Scream Queens are said to have multi-year deals, so re-signing should be straight-forward in majority of the cases.

Scream Queens is expected to get a whole new male cast for Season 2.

via Deadline

via Deadline
Does that mean season 2 is going to have male characters as the front-liners like how females were the leads mostly for season 1 or does it just mean since there's only a few male surviving characters as opposed to female, they're adding more in?

Praying it's the latter, this show would suck if they decided to suddenly go with a male-focus.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Bad news for American Horror Story fans. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can detect that AHS is now 2nd in priority to Scream Queens in Ryan Murphy's eyes.

Not really. Murphy has been successfully juggling multiple projects for years now.

Does that mean season 2 is going to have male characters as the front-liners like how females were the leads mostly for season 1 or does it just mean since there's only a few male surviving characters as opposed to female, they're adding more in?

Praying it's the latter, this show would suck if they decided to suddenly go with a male-focus.

I think it just means that none of the guys from the first season will be returning (because almost all of them were killed). I wouldn't be surprised if Chad returned, however.

Nemesis_

Oliver Hudson was cast after Joe Mangianello dropped out of the first season. I'd like Ryan to try to get him back for Season 2.

Id also like him to get back some of the people he worked with in his Nip Tuck days - Kelly Carlson, Famke Janssen, Rhona Mitra to name a few.

I'm not worried at all about AHS being damaged by Scream Queens like Glee did to Nip Tuck. I'd argue that Hotel was one of the strongest returns to form for the series.

W-00

The hospital idea is intriguing, but the summer camp would have been fun because of all the horror cliché's that could be done.

Given standard horror movie sequel fashion, who do you think of the surviving main characters gets killed in the first ten minutes?

If they use that cliché, it has to be Grace that dies. I usually hate that cliché with a burning passion, but if they use it on Grace, I'll cheer. I could also see them using it on Hester (i.e.: have it look like she's going to kill someone only to have the new killer take her out), but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

The Chanels must live.

Nemesis_

If they use that cliché, it has to be Grace that dies. I usually hate that cliché with a burning passion, but if they use it on Grace, I'll cheer. I could also see them using it on Hester (i.e.: have it look like she's going to kill someone only to have the new killer take her out), but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

The Chanels must live.

I like the idea that they'll just have Hester in the situation, and half way through the season just find out about what she did and for her to literlly just be like "guys it's not me this time".

I think Ryan Murphy mentioned that in an interview and it's so bizarrely tongue in cheek that it suits.

I hope they don't do what they did for The Grudge 2 where they just kill off the favourites in the first ten minutes.

A bit LTTP but this show is fucking fantastic. I absolutely loved it! I almost skipped out on it because of the Glee/AHS comparisons, but good word of mouth, Emma Roberts, and the interesting premise made me check it out and it blew my expectations away. I had no idea the show would be this hilarious/self aware and that just made it all the more better. Couple that with the amazing characters, and an actually compelling mystery and this show just became one of the top 5 shows I've watched in recent memory. I really loved it, can't wait for season 2.

Loved this show except the last episode. Murphy sabotaging his show eventually as is tradition. Second season being in a hospital is weird. Treading close to AHS.

Loved this show except the last episode. Murphy sabotaging his show eventually as is tradition. Second season being in a hospital is weird. Treading close to AHS.

I actually loved the last episode. The revealed the final killer n the best way possible and I loved just how absurd it got towards the end. The only thing I didn't like was that cliff hanger which seemed a bit out of place, but I loved everything else.

Who did the red devil turn out to be ?

There were several
Boone, Pete, and Hester

Ugh, why didn't they do the summer camp thing? A hospital sounds boring.

Agreed, summer camp seemed like it could've been a lot of fun. Hospital seems a bit played out, and harder to incorporate the current cast.

Kadin

I was very prepared to hate this show right from the start but holy shit it was just so good throughout the season. I can't honestly think of a single episode that I didn't enjoy in some way. Can't wait for next season.

I was very prepared to hate this show right from the start but holy shit it was just so good throughout the season. I can't honestly think of a single episode that I didn't enjoy in some way. Can't wait for next season.

The only episode I didn't like was the one where the Dean's husband got murdered. But only because it felt like filler and didn't really have anything to do with the rest of the plot. Every other episode was fantastic though and I think this show's best strength was how well paced it was.

Wait how do you guys know season 2 will be in a hospital? Also will it be the same characters? Kind of a shame that its a hospital, the summer camp setting sounds more interesting

LycanXIII

Wait how do you guys know season 2 will be in a hospital? Also will it be the same characters? Kind of a shame that its a hospital, the summer camp setting sounds more interesting

Press Release when the announced season 2 said it would be in a hospital. Not sure about same characters now that they switched ideas, but a couple of the actresses have already said they're coming back.

Press Release when the announced season 2 said it would be in a hospital. Not sure about same characters now that they switched ideas, but a couple of the actresses have already said they're coming back.
i just need chad, give me him and all shall be well in the world.

I actually loved the last episode. The revealed the final killer n the best way possible and I loved just how absurd it got towards the end. The only thing I didn't like was that cliff hanger which seemed a bit out of place, but I loved everything else.

I knew something would happen along the lines of the final episode, I just think it was pretty trash. Like the episode is so weirdly paced and so much is seemingly thrown in.
I also thought Hester was too obvious. Pete too. weirdly easy to figure out red devils

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Niecy Nash to Star in Fox's Female Buddy Comedy Pilot The Enforcers

From former Friends scribes Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer, the single-camera project centers on two wildly different single mothers who find themselves partnered as inspectors in the Code Enforcement Department. But instead of fighting crime, they have been relegated to handling petty code breaking, like noise complaints, tree trimming and water misuse.

Sounds like they're giving Denise Hemphill* her own show :D

Top Bottom