• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series S2 |OT| I Know What You Did Last Season - Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Did...did him saying "Noah is number three" seem kinda like "he's my number three creepy heart eyes".

Im just going to read super deep into him and Noah from now on.

I love how meta this season is and how normal it seems that *of course* there would be a podcast and *of course* there would be people who get obsessed like this

kirblar

Did...did him saying "Noah is number three" seem kinda like "he's my number three creepy heart eyes".

Im just going to read super deep into him and Noah from now on.
Nah, he was definitely coming off as into Noah in Ep1 too. Whether it's intentional or not tho, who knows.

Delio

I'm scared Audrey will be forced to kill Noah to keep her secret. I think she is trying her best not to do that though.

kirblar

I actually like that they're taking the time to tableset before everyone's aware there's a second spree starting.

Delio

That preview for next episode with the new guy talking to Noah and going "What if you get hurt or worse" HELP the gay romance flags are hitting me.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I liked the message of cut out parts from the letters. Also the sheriff's son is totally into Brooke. Wonder if he knew that Jake was "gone".

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I didn't like that episode at all. Felt devoid of any humor and was just boring. I suppose that was inevitable if they're keeping Jake's murder reveal for another episode.

What was cool to see is Audrey threatening the concierge with the Scream voice. We never really get to see things like that from the killer's perspective, so we're getting a taste of that now. Her flaking out on Noah, then showing up after the threat is made with an excuse, all fits into what would happen if we didn't know her involvement. So that I do like. I feel like we'll get more moments like that as Noah starts getting closer and closer to the truth. I think they're going to keep pushing and pushing to see how far Audrey is willing to go to keep her secret, and with Noah on the trail, things are going to get ugly.

Psychology teacher is probably legit, for the most part. She's using Emma to write a book or something like that. Unethical, but no murderous intent detected.

So the sheriff's kid was probably the one texting Brooke from what I presume is a cloned version of Jake's phone. They weren't subtle about showing him texting and then a moment later Brooke finally getting a response from "Jake." And then he was watching her at the end. My money is still on the father, and not the son. I think another hint in the episode that points to police involvement in some way was them talking about the police not pursuing the idea of an accomplice. If the sheriff wants to torment Audrey instead, he'd bury that investigation. He would also have access to evidence, which would point in Audrey's direction even without the letters because of the mask with her DNA on it.

kirblar

Jake got stabbed but not killed at the bowling alley in S1.

Audrey stabbed but didn't kill the prankster in the movie theater in S2.

I think we know who stabbed Jake.

Angel_DvA

interesting episode with new characters and stuff but the pacing is pretty slow, getting tired of the Lakewood 5, only Noah and Emma should survive this season, everyone else is annoying.

Can't wait for ep 3.

Ithil

Hmm, a step down from last week, and what's more, there's a direct reason for it.
The show absolutely dies whenever it focuses on Emma, and seemingly 90% of this episode revolved around her and her boring family drama. So no surprise, the episode suffered greatly as a result.

and Emma should survive this season, everyone else is annoying.

austinjwb6f.gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The thing with Emma is that, the show really believes the audience cares for her and wants to delve deeper into her past and all....but no. Everyone hates her ass. Everywhere I go, it's all about how Emma sucks as a final girl.

She's terrible. She did nothing in S1. Piper spoon fed her everything she learned. And most of it, was lies Emma believed up until the very end.

It's not Willa Fitzgerald's fault. I think she's great but she's given pathetic material to work with. Emma's the whiniest, most goddamn idiotic main character I think I've seen in a slasher franchise. She fucking went to a dark murder place, at night, without telling anyone except Brooke. Found newspaper clippings and pictures of her, and a dark figure who darted off. What does she do? SHE RETURNS. WITH HER MOM. AT NIGHT. AGAIN. Without backup, weapons, telling the cops. Nothing.

Infuriating. She's the worst part of the show. Audrey, Brooke and Noah are far better characters than she is, and I actually love the hell out of them. I root for them.

kirblar

"I'm not a final girl" may be prophetic.

All 3 girls are essentially co-leads this season. Emma just has all the family history to explore.

This show would really impress me if they managed to kill Emma in the middle of the season. I mean she's okay and all, but trying to rehash Sydney is a little boring

kai3345

Banned
#MakeBrookeTheFinalGirl

I'm thinking Kieran is or may be involved with the new killer(s).

It screams suspicious that he worked out this deal with his shady aunt and his even shadier cousin, where they would pretend like she was his guardian and she would keep the government money. If he doesn't have a guardian around, he's free to go out and kill whenever he wants.

Audrey and Piper killed his father and tried to kill Emma, Kieran wants revenge.

Edit - plus, there's the very Billy Loomis shot from the trailer of
Kieran getting stabbed in the back in front of Emma
as well as the shot of
Emma kissing Kieran's cousin in the ghostface mask, although this was likely a dream or something

Corpekata

Banned
Boring episode.

The show needs to learn to play to its' strengths, which sure as shit isn't Emma's character development.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
#MakeBrookeTheFinalGirl

I'm thinking Kieran is or may be involved with the new killer(s).

It screams suspicious that he worked out this deal with his shady aunt and his even shadier cousin, where they would pretend like she was his guardian and she would keep the government money. If he doesn't have a guardian around, he's free to go out and kill whenever he wants.

Audrey and Piper killed his father and tried to kill Emma, Kieran wants revenge.

Edit - plus, there's the very Billy Loomis shot from the trailer of
Kieran getting stabbed in the back in front of Emma
as well as the shot of
Emma kissing Kieran's cousin in the ghostface mask, although this was likely a dream or something

The new killer is out for revenge, that much is certain. Now why gut Jake? I dunno but he was about to do something shifty involving a gas canister...I guess you could tag him as a bad guy in some insane mind.

Kieran is looking shifty. Noah is looking shifty. They both lost someone, and Audrey was kind of responsible. From the promos, we know the killer ends up calling and taunting Emma. But still...I have these two in my list for sure.

Gotta say I haven't been feeling it so far. Didn't care too much for the premiere and this latest one didn't really do much for me either.

I know it's only two episodes in but the show doesn't feel, for lack of a better word, fun.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gotta say I haven't been feeling it so far. Didn't care too much for the premiere and this latest one didn't really do much for me either.

I know it's only two episodes in but the show doesn't feel, for lack of a better word, fun.

There is definitely a lack of fun so far, which is disappointing. Without the humor or the thrills, it's just a very mediocre teen drama, even by teen drama standards. Of course since this is a show you have to develop the characters but even that is lacking. Kieran is still just in the Mysterious Stranger/Love Interest role. And to keep people guessing, they can only reveal so much about characters that are potential suspects.

I think Audrey's arc has the most potential because we might see the other side of the coin, so to speak. How a Scream killer operates behind the scenes from her perspective could be fun to see, but you would still need a primary unrevealed killer.

kirblar

I'm willing to put up with a slow start because a 14 ep order is kinda crazy given S1 was fine w/ 10, and I'd rather get all the setup done at the start then go rollercoaster mode.

kai3345

Banned
I'm betting at some point the truth comes out about Audrey, Emma defends her, causing Killer Kieran to be unable to reconcile that his girlfriend would defend his father's killer's accomplice, goes double crazy and tries to kill Emma.

The new killer is out for revenge, that much is certain. Now why gut Jake? I dunno but he was about to do something shifty involving a gas canister...I guess you could tag him as a bad guy in some insane mind..

Jake did all sorts of shady things, I wouldn't put it past him to have assisted Piper in some capacity

bitbydeath

My bets are on Noah as the killer.
He completely played Audrey in that episode.
He is also smart enough to work out Audrey as being a killer last season and has a motive in Audrey murdering his girlfriend.

Creepy son of the sheriff is probably the second.

Delio

My bets are on one of the new kids or some random ass person related to James.

As for who survives this season? Emma, Audrey and Noah seem like the super safe ones cause they feel like the "Core". ( Though I consider Brooke just as important now). Audrey I'm slightly iffy on considering her being a killer. Noah's fate will be known whenever he finds out about Audrey. It's going to lead him to something he doesnt want to know and might get him in some serious danger. Emma is Emma aka main character so she has that armor.

Side note, I hope this season leads to Emma getting stronger about all the shit happening around her.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Vote on next murder? It has to be the new girl zoe that everyone is falling over. Both emma and noah love her. She will die.

Still think killer is sherrifs son

Grizzlyjin

Vote on next murder? It has to be the new girl zoe that everyone is falling over. Both emma and noah love her. She will die.

Still think killer is sherrifs son

I'm thinking Sheriff Acosta at this point.

JonCha

I watched the first season purely because it was Scream and ended up enjoying it despite thinking that the acting was pretty average. It's a guilty pleasure but the trailer for season 2 looked pretty decent.

Joni

Feels like they need to spend more time introducing her. I'm going to guess the girl that has been bothering Audrey turning more attention to her.

Grizzlyjin

Impossible, we need to learn why the sheriff left the town and why they returned before they kill him (I expect he will die mid season)

Whoops, I read that as next murderer. Hmm, next person being killed off? That girl Audrey is beefing with will probably get it, making things look bad for Audrey.

MK_768

This show would really impress me if they managed to kill Emma in the middle of the season. I mean she's okay and all, but trying to rehash Sydney is a little boring

If they are rehashing Sydney they are doing a shit job lmao. I want her to die. She is the main protagonist and it would be a nice surprise for her to get killed. Sometimes it's okay for the slasher to win against the protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom