• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

~Kinggi~

Banned
WowBaby said:
For anyone who pre-ordered Scribblenauts at amazon.com, they are offering free release day delivery. You just need to edit your order accordingly!:D
its not coming up as free for me..

Blizzard

Banned
Actually, is there a promotional code or something? It adds $6 to my order if I try to change the shipping speed to release-day on my existing preorder.

Blizzard

Banned
XD And that's exactly what I was asking. Premium members pretty much always have release-day delivery available I thought. Boo false hope.

Well, I could pay $6 but meh, I have a Gamestop near me anyway.

WowBaby said:
It may be for Prime memberships, I don't think it's very clear.

Correct. I'm a prime member and this is the email I got.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Scribblenauts.

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Scribblenauts will arrive on Tuesday, September 15, 2009.

razdor2k

Banned
The hype train is starting to decrease with populate, in next stop 1-2 million people are going off.

The sites that gave us information about the bad controls just destroyed its all potential, 5TH cell, you shouldn't have given more then 1 website the game. You baked the cake and now you have to eat it, even if its all burned :D

Blizzard

Banned
razdor2k said:
The hype train is starting to decrease with populate, in next stop 1-2 million people are going off.

The sites that gave us information about the bad controls just destroyed its all potential, 5TH cell, you shouldn't have given more then 1 website the game. You baked the cake and now you have to eat it, even if its all burned :D
2rdc07b.jpg

I mean...maybe English isn't your first language, so I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not exactly sure how to even parse your post.

theluma

Don't know if this has been mentioned but in the current Italian Nintendo magazine (issue 94, Wii Sports Resort cover) you get a free post two one seven poster!

Dere. My DSi is in the pic to give an idea of dimensions...

117d7ax.jpg

Orpheon

Banned
razdor2k said:

The hype train stopping? Nonsense.

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour on 12:00 AM September 15th . . . you're gonna see some serious shit.

33jog7m.jpg

Sipowicz

Banned
this is one of my most anticipated games and i am getting it with a DSi

but i'm vvery worried by the eurogamer impressions. the said it was a biit borked and characters would do stuff they weren't supposed to

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Sipowicz said:
vvery worried by the eurogamer impressions. the said it was a biit borked and characters would do stuff they weren't supposed to

Did you read the same Eurogamer I did?

"the controls are intuitive and graceful"

"It really shouldn't be taken for granted just how miraculous the Objectnaut system at the heart of Scribblenauts is"

"the goodwill the game elicits within half an hour of your turning it on overrides any niggling concerns"

Niggling concerns =/= borked. I don't see anything in there to be worried about, let alone very worried.

Blizzard

Banned
Sipowicz said:
this is one of my most anticipated games and i am getting it with a DSi

but i'm vvery worried by the eurogamer impressions. the said it was a biit borked and characters would do stuff they weren't supposed to
Did I miss a Eurogamer review? I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. The only two people saying that the game is horrible in this thread now are juniors I haven't really heard of. Is the conclusion really now that the controls were great at E3, but since then 5th Cell's changes to them made the controls awful? o_O

*edit* From what phisheep said, doesn't sound bad to me...

MNC

theluma said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but in the current Italian Nintendo magazine (issue 94, Wii Sports Resort cover) you get a free post two one seven poster!

Dere. My DSi is in the pic to give an idea of dimensions...

117d7ax.jpg
YOU HAVE A GYAKUTEN KENJI DSI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KScorp

razdor2k said:

No one said they were "bad" controls, just some minor issues. What's more, almost every previewer still admitted Scribblenauts was an amazing game and all those issues didn't detract from the fun. Sure, Scribblenauts may not fulfill "100%" of its potential, but 99.9% is still pretty damn close.

Just switched my preorder from Gamestop to Amazon. Shame I won't get the rooster hat, but it's almost 10 dollars cheaper and I get release day shipping as opposed to overnight. Neat!

Mike M

Nick N
I just pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop with a coupon for free shipping so I could get the Rooster Hat.

Granted, I'll have to wait a while to get the game, but I really want that rooster hat for reasons unknown to even myself...

Maybe I'll just buy another copy in the store the day of release...

WowBaby

Jackson said:
We're the 12th best selling thing on gamestop, and the only DS game in the top 60. We're doing very well on Amazon as well. :D

We're doing ok so far :)

I've been watching it creeping up the Amazon charts for weeks now. A lot of people have still never heard about Scribblenauts, but once it is released and they start seeing it in the wild, I'm sure the demand will be even greater. This is a game were you NEED to have your own copy. I have no intention of sharing mine even with my kids, that's why they are each getting their own copies.:D

Blizzard

Banned
SirPenguin said:
Just switched my preorder from Gamestop to Amazon. Shame I won't get the rooster hat, but it's almost 10 dollars cheaper and I get release day shipping as opposed to overnight. Neat!
What kind of Gamestop do you have that sells it for over $30? Are you in the UK or something?

theluma

WowBaby said:
I've been watching it creeping up the Amazon charts for weeks now. A lot of people have still never heard about Scribblenauts, but once it is released and they start seeing it in the wild, I'm sure the demand will be even greater. This is a game were you NEED to have your own copy. I have no intention of sharing mine even with my kids, that's why they are each getting their own copies.:D

Yeah it's the sort of thing that you'll show to everyone. And once they've seen it and their mind is sufficiently blown they will run out and buy it, almost guaranteed.

toonhead2

Neo Member
One thing that puzzles me about the post 217 artwork (besides the time machine) is that Maxwell is riding a T-rex, and from the videos it is a hostile creature. Its been said that Maxwell can only ride animals that are not hostile, so is there a way we can somehow ride the T-rex in the game? I'm guessing Feep or Jackson can answer this one.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wonder if you put a saddle on a T-Rex, would he allow you to ride him.

I also wonder if you put a lion tamer next to a lion if he would do the same.

Blizzard said:
What kind of Gamestop do you have that sells it for over $30? Are you in the UK or something?

Should have clarified. Gamestop with "Overnight" shipping (and it SHIPS on the 15th) = $42. Amazon with "Release Day Shipping" (so it GETS HERE on the 15th) = $34.

8 dollar difference, and I trust Amazon a hell of a lot more, and I get it earlier!

One thing that puzzles me about the post 217 artwork (besides the time machine) is that Maxwell is riding a T-rex, and from the videos it is a hostile creature. Its been said that Maxwell can only ride animals that are not hostile, so is there a way we can somehow ride the T-rex in the game? I'm guessing Feep or Jackson can answer this one.

The time machine is also wrong. I imagine it's simple an artist's interpretation of the events as they happened. No matter what it's still cool.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just added an Amazon preorder to my long list of preorders.

I now officially have SIX copies of Scribblenauts preordered and paid off.

One for me, then Christmas presents for: My brother, sister, and one for my parents. That leaves me with two extra copies at the moment. I'll probably keep one sealed (like I did for Big Bang Mini) and probably give the final one to a friend for Christmas.

Also, my GameStop has 14 preorders for Scribblenauts
I'd like to think thanks to me
, which I'm informed is a preorder record for DS at our store since Mario Kart DS.

I haven't been this hyped for a game since RE4. I envy anyone who's currently playing this title.

Puffles

Banned
Dacvak said:
I now officially have SIX copies of Scribblenauts preordered and paid off.

It must be really nice to have a lot of money.

Between Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and of course Scribblenauts for the DS, and Borderlands, Modern Warfare 2, and Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC, I'll be spending a hell of a lot of money this year. I sadly can't afford to buy more than one copy of Scribblenauts.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Puffles said:
It must be really nice to have a lot of money.

It's less that and more that I know how to prioritize.

(Mmm, ramen for 6 more weeks.)

SmellyWaffles

Neo Member
oh mah gawd, six copies?

I haven't even ordered my second copy yet >_> I'm gonna get a preorder at Amazon to make sure it gets shipped to me in case I can't pick it up at GameStop for some reason. But first I need to find out my dorm address for next semester

razdor2k

Banned
Jackson said:
A) We never started the hype train, nor perpetuated it. It did that on its own.

B)We're the 12th best selling thing on gamestop, and the only DS game in the top 60. We're doing very well on Amazon as well. :D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&No=0

We're doing ok so far :)

A) I never said you did, nor perpetuated it. we all understand it started on its own and thats why its so amazing, only because it started on its own :D

B) Wow, Its just the first time I see a DS game getting pre-ordered, I mean, maybe after the game get released, a lot people are going to hear about the game. even though like 40-50% of the world already knows about it..? ( I think )

Its always good to get some statistics about this game getting popular.
and Jacky :D im sorry for saying this thing before, I just haven't realized so much people don't want to get spoiled anymore, aswell as me.

P.S: NICE POSTER!!! i can use 3 of those in my bedroom :lol

P.P.S: Forgot to say, I never realized a DS game could get so far, cus till now very awesome DS games got released, but they never broke through the border between DS and other consoles, but this game.... is just breaking every border that is possible. ( wow after rereading this i realized i don't understand a thing :O )

migulic

This is a question for Jackson: will the European versions of the game be multilanguage, or will each country get its own version? I'm asking because in my local game store's description of the game, they say that it's 'entirely in Dutch' (I'm in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium). Will this version also include other languages, or do I need to order from a UK store to be able to play it in English?

Lovechild

Neo Member
migulic said:
This is a question for Jackson: will the European versions of the game be multilanguage, or will each country get its own version? I'm asking because in my local game store's description of the game, they say that it's 'entirely in Dutch' (I'm in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium). Will this version also include other languages, or do I need to order from a UK store to be able to play it in English?

I also wanna know the answer to this question. I'm swedish and want to play the game mainly in swedish (I think no matter how good you are at english, if it's not your mother tongue, most likely you wont be getting the full Scribblenauts experience since it's all (well, not all, but...) about the vastness of your mind's own private objectnaut, and I'm guessing my english objectnaut isn't nearly as huge as my swedish objectnaut) but I do want to play it in english as well.

My local game dealer says the game will feature all the nordic languages + english, so I guess I only need to buy one copy. I'm guessing the same would go for the other regions as well, if this in fact is a fact.

(Also, I know you english types aren't very fond of commas, but I like'em and I ain't givin' 'em up!)

Top Bottom