• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity once pulled a gun on Juan Williams (on set)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inner-G

Banned
All guns are loaded. Until it is disassembled for cleaning assume it is loaded. Always.

Then:

Only point it at things you are prepared to shoot.

This might sound mildly hysterical but it is absolutely the most important aspect of owning or handling a firearm. And neither point is negotiable or has exceptions.

^ Thats how any responsible person handles guns.

There's a reason you always carry your gun broken open at a range - you (or others) can't just assume it's unloaded.

Armaros

All guns are loaded. Until it is disassembled for cleaning assume it is loaded. Always.

Then:

This might sound mildly hysterical but it is absolutely the most important aspect of owning or handling a firearm. And neither point is negotiable or has exceptions.
Exactly, we always see on the news of tragic gun deaths with the quote 'i thought it was unloaded'

Late Flag

This is the kind of anecdote that drive responsible gun-owners nuts. I don't own any guns besides the .22 that I had when I was a kid, but I know a whole bunch of people who hunt or shoot competitively. Deliberately pointing a gun at somebody, even if you think it's not loaded is way out of line. Always assume that any gun is loaded, even if you just personally unloaded it 30 seconds ago.

Xe4

Banned
To be fair you should also include that Williams himself corroborated Hannity's side of the story and said this story is being sensationalized and that he not once ever felt like he was in danger.

Gun was unloaded.
It doesn't matter, and if you knew the first thing aboutbgUn safety you would know it doesn't matter.

Guns are always loaded. Always. The only exception is when the slide is removed for cleaning purposes.

Guns are not toys, do not point them at yourself or anyone else unless you fully intend to shoot them.

I was just giving my 8 year old daughter the third degree for pointing a nerf gun at my face.

Anybody who actually VALUES safety would NEVER point a real gun at another person unless they had every intention of using it. Fuck this shit. I can't believe this could happen on set and nothing came of it.

Got

Banned

Then:

this. and when people dismiss this it shows how much of a problem the idea of responsible ownership is.

Karkador

Banned
I'm all for shaming Sean Hannity for being a total fuckhead, but Juan Williams is the guy who got fired from NPR for going on O'Reilly's show and saying this:

"Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

and then afterwards went back on the show and complained:

Following his firing from NPR, Williams appeared on The O'Reilly Factor and discussed his thoughts on how his role at Fox played into NPR's decision: "I don't fit in their box. I'm not a predictable black liberal. You [O'Reilly] were exactly right when you said you know what this comes down to. They were looking for a reason to get rid of me because I'm appearing on Fox News. They don't want me talking to you."

On December 9, 2016, on Fox Business Channel, Stuart Varney asked Williams (half in jest), "Do you see yourself ever joining the Republican Party?" Williams answered, "I have two sons in the Republican Party, so, yes."

Sean Hannity is a piece of shit, and I completely agree that pointing a gun like that is a total lack of respect for gun safety; nevermind the implication of feeling righteous and empowered enough to point a gun at a black man at work for no reason - and you're not even wearing a badge.

But Williams seems to actually like getting played by these assholes time and again, and him trying to come out and publicly say there was nothing wrong with this is not at all surprising.

eagledare

He does a really poor job of playing it off.
Student: "Did you mean to do that?"
Instructor: "Yeah"
So many rules of gun safety broken here, as well as shitty instruction.

Yeah I doubt all the people that asked him about that huge purple welt on his face for the next two week bought that, either.

The problem with everyone owning guns is that there are a lot of morons around (like Hannity and instructor bro) who will never have the discipline required to properly handle a firearm.

norm9

But Williams seems to actually like getting played by these assholes time and again, and him trying to come out and publicly say there was nothing wrong with this is not at all surprising.

He's sitting on a goldmine as THE black perspective on Fox. Gotta be tough to bite that hand.

Wereroku

How can a person say they are trained in gun safety pull a gun and point it at another person as a joke? That is dangerous as hell you never have a weapon pointed at another person unless you intend to shoot them. Even unloaded or with the safety on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom