• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LAT: Sean Hannity goes on vacation as advertisers drop out of his show

Tripon

At least seven advertisers — Cars.com, Leesa Sleep, Casper, USAA, Peloton, the Crowne Plaza hotel chain and doorbell company Ring — have reportedly asked to be pulled from Sean Hannity’s prime-time program.

A representative of Fox News would not comment on the pullout by advertisers and said Hannity is off the rest of the week on a scheduled vacation.

“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation around Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” a spokesperson for Fox News said. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

The advertiser pullback was first reported by BuzzFeed News.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-hannity-advertisers-fox-20170525-story.html

Dai101

Banned
cFpsozH.gif

Xe4

Banned
Get fucked Sean. Glad advertisers aren't ok with sexual harrasment. Too bad it took till that to get here.

Hope it stays perminant.

Awaiting the announcement next week, "Hannity says he's fallen in love with vacation life, gonna go home and be a family man, regretfully leaving Fox."

That way he'd never have to go through the ignominy of being fired.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation around Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” a spokesperson for Fox News said. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

Why even say this when they know it's wrong?

This might actually be a legit vacation due to the timing. The amount of advertisers pulling out really stagnated, kind of weird actually. He lost USAA, though, which was a big one.

I know I could look foolish on this, but I'm willing to buy the vacation explanation at this point. It is Memorial Day weekend, after all.

Steel

Banned
You know, I can totally see the far right go anti-corporate because stuff like this keeps happening to them. What's an anti-corporatist, anti-government, political ideology anyway?

Loxley

For his part, Hannity tweeted out that he took this same vacation last year and that he'll be back next week.

Could be damage control, but I don't think he's getting the boot quite yet. Fox will need a few more significant sponsors to drop for that to happen.

You know, I can totally see the far right go anti-corporate because stuff like this keeps happening to them. What's an anti-corporatist, anti-government, political ideology anyway?

Uh...nothing? Lol, I have no idea, that would be anarchy I guess

antonz

For his part, Hannity tweeted out that he took this same vacation last year and that he'll be back next week.

Could be damage control, but I don't think he's getting the boot quite yet. Fox will need a few more significant sponsors to drop for that to happen.

The main hosts always take extended vacations typically a day or two extra. Hannity isn't gone yet for sure. If he keeps losing the advertisers though the talks of buyout will begin

What are the odds that he does end up being fired?
Anytime soon? Pretty low, since these advertisers are mostly small-time and Hannity seems to be reigning in this week's crazy.

But his recent behavior has put a dark cloud over his program, and one more fuck-up is all the excuse bigger advertisers will need to escape his residual stink and all the excuse the Murdoch boys will need to sack him permanently.

What are the odds that he does end up being fired?

Odds were looking pretty high, be had five sponsors pull out, including USAA, which is a major one for his and Fox's demo, but it's really stagnated since then with nobody else pulling out. So, it's hard to say.

Top Bottom